**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Idea fo 5 star pulls, win-win for us and Kabam

Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
edited December 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
Understand that you cant pick which champ you want, would ruin the game and cost Kabam a lot of money. So to help give people a bit more control on who they may get I propose that you can pick the class of 5* you get from the pull, but to do this you have to pay real money for. So you still have to grind for the shards, Kabam gets all that income from resources used etc. You still dont pick who you want, so game not ruined. You can still just take your luck, and/or save for the featured crystal (which this option will NOT be on) etc. Plus, to stop people picking one class over and over, the price goes up similar to glory store. So, 1st pick and you pick Science for example costs you £25 real money. Pick that class again in the next 3 months and the price doubles etc and so on. So more income for Kabam (a lot I would think) as well, so like I said a win-win. Kabam can even give these as rewards in quests or milestones etc later on if they wanted to

Thoughts please?

UPDATE: Please dont put as a bad idea because you personally couldn't afford to do this. I couldn't! I have 3 teenage kids, but if others want to spend their money on the game then they should be allowed to. We all benefit in the long run from the more income coming in

Idea fo 5 star pulls, win-win for us and Kabam 126 votes

Ability to pay real money to pick the class of your 5 star pull, subject to the conditions noted - good idea
33%
ThatweirdguyChevy2g3JP1119NomarigerolDave_the_destroyerJonrdz1ZzzGreenstrokeLongshot_33Vinh225SgtAnime1G0311imnooneLeoGnarleyardoCloud99999KillianderVulkanBaironDHMrblackkkRomyTheGoat 42 votes
No, bad idea for these reasons I will list below
66%
Vdh2008SolswerddanielmathSnakeEyes69ShrimkinsDLegendEb0ny-O-M4wMagicBentonTheLazyKingYellsomeI_ForgotbuffajrPrimmer79wSWeaponXDelta_14Superman69Zane22Drummer16Rich_Ryderthanks4playing 84 votes

Comments

• Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    Ability to pay real money to pick the class of your 5 star pull, subject to the conditions noted - good idea
    Free2play players wouldn't benefit from this. It would still be unfair and not entirely necessary

Yeah, but f2p players dont benefit from anything others choose to spend real money on in the game do they. This is no different. The whales spend literally thousands when a new character comes out until they have them, I dont benefit from that for example? Thanks for voting though mate
    I would rather see an option to spend a certain amount of shards (maybe 12500) for the ability to pick the champion class I want. That way if I have a 5* SL that I want duped then I can have a valid shot at duping him.

where is the win here for Kabam? I realise this is a business they are running, so any suggestions to change the game cant just benefit us the players, there has to be a win for Kabam as well so they will even consider looking at what is suggested
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    I would rather see an option to spend a certain amount of shards (maybe 12500) for the ability to pick the champion class I want. That way if I have a 5* SL that I want duped then I can have a valid shot at duping him.

where is the win here for Kabam? I realise this is a business they are running, so any suggestions to change the game cant just benefit us the players, there has to be a win for Kabam as well so they will even consider looking at what is suggested

Why should the house always win? :)

Why should the house always win? :)

Because if the dont then the suggestion is ignored, simple as that. They have to see the benefits for them as well by this change

I get fed up of the many "give us me T4bs", "lets have a arena where we can practice with new players", "reduce the cost of energy refills", "give us RDTs" etc. Kabam would lose income with suggestions like this, and only the players benefit. So if you Kabam to change anything you have to show them they will benefit as well, a win-win
    edited December 2017
    @TheOneAndOnly Plus why shouldnt Kabam make money from it mate, its a business to them that pays bills, wages and shareholders. Cant understand why people get upset about Kabam trying to max what they make from the game. If some of the top players use this idea and make Kabam masses more money ongoing then we all benefit as im sure you can see

No offence meant at all mate, just debating, but you have to be careful on here!
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    @TheOneAndOnly Plus why shouldnt Kabam make money from it mate, its a business to them that pays bills, wages and shareholders. Cant understand why people get upset about Kabam trying to max what they make from the game. If some of the top players use this idea and make Kabam masses more money ongoing then we all benefit as im sure you can see

No offence meant at all mate, just debating, but you have to be careful on here!

No offense taken. But everything I have said was constructive and I was proposing a valid alternative.

No offense taken. But everything I have said was constructive and I was proposing a valid alternative.

You were mate, and thanks for that. Discussion is good!
    so up to now all we have had re this being a bad idea is that people couldn't afford it themselves, and the fact that if other people use their money for this f2p player's don't benefit? Not real reasons why the idea is bad, as if you spend already on the game you progress quicker and f2p players dont. Thats life, same in everything that you do. Does anyone have any arguments why this is actually a bad idea?
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★

There are 5* shard offers which could be purchased either for dollars or units, which are indirect methods for "purchasing" a 12,500 shard crystal, instead of buying it with real dollars. This would satisfy the F2P crowd and the whales.

Again, you could tweak the shard amounts as you buy more before the reset timer e.g. 13,750 shards for the next one and maybe up to 15,000. Giving a max 3 crystal purchase before the reset.

If you're saying that it "has to be real money" for there to be any incentive for Kabam then you might as well ask why bother having a 15k featured crystal. The reality is that you see a lot of players spending units to complete content just to get as many featured pulls as possible, albeit these tend to be more time critical.
    @RedRooster good point mate, could have both options. But you know the one that uses in-game rewards to purchase this would be a lot higher than the one with real money

Think we have t4b offer last month that was £30 (I think) or 10,000 units for example
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    There should be a way to use in game currency such as using 2500 or 5000 more shards to pick a class of your choice as these 5 stars take long to save up for and there is no reason to pull such bad champions and this is still happening for most people even after the new additions.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Its not a terrible idea, and if implemented, I would probably do it. I don't personally like it as a normal thing. I do like it when they do the special offers of "pick a class." I just don't think it should be implemented as a regular thing. Maybe as a special event, announced a month or two in advance, or offer the opportunity as part of a sale.

Itll be better now than if it was done a few months ago, but everyone's (spenders) rosters would flood with mystics and mutants, and it would give better odds to dupe, better chance at 6* shards.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    @RedRooster good point mate, could have both options. But you know the one that uses in-game rewards to purchase this would be a lot higher than the one with real money

Think we have t4b offer last month that was £30 (I think) or 10,000 units for example

Yeah, that is the tendency, which I don't have an issue with. It's the way they run most of their unit vs money deals. Frankly, I just think the whales cash in on both offers. If you have the money you can spend it however you like.
  • GioginosGioginos Posts: 39
    I think they should do it like they have for featured champion crystals like instead of 10000 shards its 15000
  • GioginosGioginos Posts: 39
    I see the money discussion going on but if they cost more shards more ppl with be inclined to take one of those offers that pop up where u can get shards or perhaps buy so units so they can get those offers
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Everyone will just pay for the mystic class because we know mystics are the best class in the game. Perhaps, having a certain amount of 5* shards to choose a certain class would be a better idea.
    edited December 2017
    DLegend wrote: »
    Everyone will just pay for the mystic class because we know mystics are the best class in the game. Perhaps, having a certain amount of 5* shards to choose a certain class would be a better idea.

But what is wrong with that mate, its their money to spend? And like I keep saying there has to be a benefit for Kabam to make changes, and the more income they get the better for all of us. Unless your a whale yourself (not you, you know what I mean!) then the fact that other whales can spend money to do this wont affect you at all. But people are getting hung up on the fact that they personally cant afford it, it wont affect players like me and them at all. One bloke on here has already spent $30K on the gifting event!! Doesn't affect me or you or 99% of the others, but Kabam make more money to grown the game

But people just wont see that Kabam has to have a win as well for any change that we want ( not a pop at you mate, you see this I know) so they just keep saying lets use more shards to do this etc. Wont happen as why would Kabam do this, it only benefits the players? Please no-one come back with "happy customers" bs, its already the no1 game and no1 for revenue as well. We all love it and play it as much as we can etc as Kabam have done an amazing job already. So any change we would like has to be balanced or it wont happen at all

Lets have more pointless threads asking for changes that only benefits the players that just get ignored then?

Thanks for all the input by the way mate, always helps!
  • The_Sentry12The_Sentry12 Posts: 29
    I agree with your suggestion bro i don't see a problem with spending a little extra to gain a champion of the class of your choosing and i mean if i have to pay more for it then that's up to me. Nothing but support for this suggestion mate.
  • KillianderKilliander Posts: 10
    After reading through the comments I have to agree with this suggestion, it’s pretty fair as far as I can see and can help those players who always seem to be missing one class or another. We have one guy in our ally that can’t seem to get Mutant champs, I know he’d be happy to pay a bit extra. My suggestion is that it should be handled as an item though, You buy the item and it’s used when you open a 5* crystal. This way it can be bought for units, cash, or even be part of an event. That way it’s a tool Kabam can use in various ways.
  • BgunnnzBgunnnz Posts: 22
    Or they should add a crystal like a 5* tech crystal for and additional 2.5k-5k of the crystal shards and 1k-2k for a 4* one
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited January 2019
    Free2play players wouldn't benefit from this. It would still be unfair and not entirely necessary

Yeah, but f2p players dont benefit from anything others choose to spend real money on in the game do they. This is no different. The whales spend literally thousands when a new character comes out until they have them, I dont benefit from that for example? Thanks for voting though mate

Lol people are flagging u for absolutely nothing.

Btw, I'll stay neutral on if I believe this is a good or bad idea, I am honestly not sure.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I don't think this is a good idea. This game is already pretty much P2P.
  • No, bad idea for these reasons I will list below

They earn money from youtube so the whales can do that. U must have a thought for f2p players man, not everyone gets to use credit cards to buy in-game items. The whales produce videos for entertainment hence they spent thousands. Furrhermore your sentences are not hard to understand, phrase it better, lol.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Holy Necro Batman!
  • frunderfrunder Posts: 63
    I am not a pay to play like most players
  • Ice_and_FireIce_and_Fire Posts: 220
    This kindof already exists with the daily class five dollar crystal with a chance for a five star. The reason they won't do a 100% five star crystal is due to the relativeness they would have to create for keeping the game somewhat progression based and not to much of a pay to win thing.
  • Ice_and_FireIce_and_Fire Posts: 220
    The game must make money or there is no reason for them making it. That's life so all y'all free to play guys don't get the benefit of spending a couple bucks and giving back to the guys who gave us this great game. That's how life works. You don't get something special for nothing. You trade your labor for something you want. Regardless if your labor was ftp grinding the arena or saying forget taking all that time and spending a few dollars. You want more five stars we'll go complete content lol. Or spend some cash something's in life will never change. Just my thoughts tho. Y'all can say I'm this or that but idc.
  • slayer6slayer6 Posts: 377 ★★
    Its always been luck of the draw, if you wish to spend money buy daily cavs or cavaliers in glory store for 200 a crystal, we can already purchase so much and buying accounts with this type thing is junk earn them or go play another game, skills are what we need to use.