**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Any logical reason for prestige ?

First of all why is prestige not displayed when you click on a player ? Second, why is it being used instead of a more logical and relevant method like top team rating ( the total rating for the player highest ranked 5 champions)? Why all the confusion and unnecessary restrictions on who to rank ? It takes away from the game fun plus it’s not practical.

Comments

• SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Its mostly top alliances or ambitious alliances who stress about all of that stuff. Personally I do not care who has the highest prestige I rank my favourites such as ghost rider who even though he is up there on the prestige list that was not the main reason I maxed him out. If you like the champ and your prestige benefits from the rank up then even better.
  • @SenorPants top team leaderboards ignore masteries and boosts.

I agree with the rest of what you said.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    First of all why is prestige not displayed when you click on a player ? Second, why is it being used instead of a more logical and relevant method like top team rating ( the total rating for the player highest ranked 5 champions)? Why all the confusion and unnecessary restrictions on who to rank ? It takes away from the game fun plus it’s not practical.

assuming you're talking about sans masteries, what's the difference between that and prestige? it's just a different way to calculate the same thing.

• KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    The main point is why is it not displayed ? If they want it to ignore masteries fine then it should be even easier to display since it’s character rank&Sig only dependent!
    Total rating is displayed and it’s almost irrelevant since you can have a high rating with zero R4 5* for example
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    From a player's point of view, they should get rid of it entirely. They should start calculating AQ standings exactly how they do with AW now - performance based.

Efficient kills with the least amount of KO's taken.

Then rank by who did it the fastest, etc...

The difficulty of AQ fights will take into account how strong the alliances attackers are.

Ranking champions are then done by who's the best attacker instead of who has the most prestige.

Bad idea? I'm all ears. Maybe it'll create a giant divide between players who have the best champs and players that don't...

And of course this isn't taking into account the business side of things, after all Kabam wants to make money.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    My personal theory as to why they don't display prestige is because kabam knows it's a broken system and they don't want anyone to know how it works.

Unfortunately there isn't a great way to throw out the prestige system at this point.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    There is no good way to revise it without upsetting those in the top alliances. They have invested heavily in prestige so any system that seeks to eliminate it runs the risk of a major spending boycott from them. I think Kabam has ways and methods (like the one @Mmx1991 suggested above) that could be used to better allow flexibility of rank ups without sacrificing alliance position in AQ, but again it could cause an uproar. And what incentive does Kabam have at this point to change the system?
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    From a player's point of view, they should get rid of it entirely. They should start calculating AQ standings exactly how they do with AW now - performance based.

Efficient kills with the least amount of KO's taken.

Then rank by who did it the fastest, etc...

Ranking champions are then done by who's the best attacker instead of who has the most prestige.

Bad idea? I'm all ears. Maybe it'll create a giant divide between players who have the best champs and players that don't...

And of course this isn't taking into account the business side of things, after all Kabam wants to make money.

would be great if we didn't have kabam servers that were powered by a potato.
    Still not even a theory on why the prestige not being displayed. We really would like to know if it is a major factor in the game why is it not displayed ?
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Too team basically is prestige but synergies interfer, if you don't have synergies in your top 5, divide your top team by 5 and ... that's your prestige
    Doesn't make sense to include synergies in Their scoring method and thus you may have answered your own question, it's not a perfect system but we do need one, but yes I completely agree since it's He system they use, they should have an in game display of it ( as simple as the top team button)
    We would like an official response why is it not being displayed or at least a team member should bring it up with the developers.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Gotta get that $$$ from top allys
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    edited December 2017
    @Knighthartus the reason it isn't is because the top alliances don't like that. It is all smoke and mirrors up there. If it was displayed and by their placing you can work out let's say mmx map rotation. Let's say they do it 3 times (not sure random number) you know their starting prestige and to beat them if you have slightly lower prestige you now know you need to run map 6 4 times. To us avg pleb it means nothing to them it means to stay on top you need even more map 6.