**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW RUINED YET AGAIN

AW diversity is again meaningless.

Why in the world would I want to log in every hour to fight the EXACT SAME CHAMPION on every node?

Now once again, all I see is SpiderMan, Nightcrawler, Iceman, and Magic on all 5 bosses.

The idea of being damaged by a champion who never once even touches you is insulting. It’s nothing more than a plot to make us use potions.

I’m a 3 year player. What a waste.

Comments

• wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    You sound upset.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    AW diversity is again meaningless.

Why in the world would I want to log in every hour to fight the EXACT SAME CHAMPION on every node?

Now once again, all I see is SpiderMan, Nightcrawler, Iceman, and Magic on all 5 bosses.

The idea of being damaged by a champion who never once even touches you is insulting. It’s nothing more than a plot to make us use potions.

I’m a 3 year player. What a waste.

@Mighty_Mitan1 I would assume your alliance doesn't use Magiks on defense at all based on this statement?
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Depending on tier, the god defenders make little difference anyway. I'm blowing up r5s spiderman on stun immune easily by bringing the right champ. If you're trying to blast him with Hyperion then that's your fault.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    This setup is light years better than what it has been. Losing due to defender rating every since war is so ridiculous and frustrating. At least war is back to being about skill and strategy again. The way it should be.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    why are we still complaining about this
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Current aw is much better than 15.0/16.0 but players have a right to feel upset.

It took 4 months but we're back to 14.0 all over again except that these nodes are much worse and we're fighting the same Mystics, Nightcrawlers, and Spideys that we did in the past.

And with a much worse layout, nonsensical map design (it takes 6hrs to get a proper fight for lane 1), 5 minis instead of 3, a few ridiculous nodes that are worse than 5.4.6 ultron, and no express route to the boss. In other words we came out much worse than when we went in.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Kabam just needs to buff and/or rework the class masteries not named Mystic Dispersion. That would go a long way towards encouraging diversity IMO.
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Having dexterity not trigger a crit buff would fix everything in war. Bottom line. People wouldn't drop a team mystic champs.
  • NightCrackerNightCracker Posts: 157
    Having dexterity not trigger a crit buff would fix everything in war. Bottom line. People wouldn't drop a team mystic champs.

I agree with this 100%. The continuity between how things interact is sometimes lacking with this being one of them. Example:

MD states: "...each time an enemy's beneficial effect expires".

The Dexterity effect doesn't expire, it just gets refreshed which then triggers MD when it shouldn't.

Compare that with the wording from Hood with his staggers. "When stagger expires, {x} points of the opponent's health is siphoned to the Hood".

However, each time a new stagger is placed, it gets refreshed but does not trigger the siphoned.

This is just my view on something that is inconsistent and if anyone knows something I am missing, please elaborate.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    no, now we can rank up the people who are actually good on defense again. This is a great thing that diversity has been reduced.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★

I agree with this 100%. The continuity between how things interact is sometimes lacking with this being one of them. Example:

MD states: "...each time an enemy's beneficial effect expires".

The Dexterity effect doesn't expire, it just gets refreshed which then triggers MD when it shouldn't.

Compare that with the wording from Hood with his staggers. "When stagger expires, {x} points of the opponent's health is siphoned to the Hood".

However, each time a new stagger is placed, it gets refreshed but does not trigger the siphoned.

This is just my view on something that is inconsistent and if anyone knows something I am missing, please elaborate.
    Of course it expires. It ceases to be active because it expired once used.
  • To those of you suggesting skill is the only thing preventing an AW win... you are a fool.

All the skill in the world won’t prevent LIMBO from wrecking you without even being touched.

All the skill in the world won’t prevent Iceman from giving you the ol frostbite at the fight start.

This nonsense death without being touched is ignorance and only designed to make us use more potions.

Furthermore what’s the point of having 100+ unique characters when everyone uses the exact same ones? There needs to be balance brought back to the game.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Meh. All through these months they did some "extensive testing and balancing" and gave us almost the same thing we started out with, but this one also has some extra bs nodes which are capable of completely stopping the opponent if correct champs are placed there unless the attacker has some very specific champs, more minibosses, an extremely fun layout where you do 1 fight every 5 hours, old stats with some fancy new names, and you do all this FOR THE SAME REWARDS AS BEFORE. But of course the defender kill fanboys will keep talking about how Kabam has done the best thing ever
This discussion has been closed.