**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Milestone minimum participation requirement for alliance gifting event is ridiculous

The last milestone for the alliance gifting event is 350,000. Assuming everyone in the alliance participate semi-evenly, no one would get the milestone reward. The average score to get the milestone is about 11,600 points. However, the minimum participation for the milestone is 21000. This is just wrong. It is good to set a reasonable requirement, but the one that is set currently is way too high and unachievable to most people. Someone probably need to take some math lesson to set that number.

Comments

• ChanfsChanfs Posts: 54
    edited December 2017
    Milestone is high, but can achieve by some. Nevertheless, the individual requirement is what I am talking about. The minimum to get the milestone reward is close to 6% of the alliance milestone.
  • LayermonkeyLayermonkey Posts: 24
    I agree with Chanfs. It’s too blatant.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    I hate to play devil's advocate in favor of Kabam, but do you really think people deserve all the milestones if they gift (for example) a single duel credit while the rest of the alliance participates more? I know its an extreme example, but in my opinion, it's more of a fair system "as is".
  • Danp43Danp43 Posts: 14
    I am in agreement with OP, I for one fully participate in the gifting event as it’s all resources my teammates are using anyway however their should be a closer alignment to the Min per member and the final milestone... an Odin of gifting per member seems like a more logical number to consider given the rewards, time of year, and the big performance hit we saw this roll out
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Chanfs wrote: »
    I do believe this is problem that the moderator should send the gaming team to look at. The math is just not right.

Just because you do not agree with it does not make it wrong...just as offers that hold no weight for some gamers are not wrong either. You either are invested in the event or you aren't. It is your choice at the end of the day.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Raganator wrote: »
    I hate to play devil's advocate in favor of Kabam, but do you really think people deserve all the milestones if they gift (for example) a single duel credit while the rest of the alliance participates more? I know its an extreme example, but in my opinion, it's more of a fair system "as is".

it's not really extreme, i'm sure this is exactly what they're trying to prevent. they want everybody participating in the season of giving.
    Setting the minimum participation to be 8000 points seems to be more reasonable, which is the closer the average points of the milestone of 11,600.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Setting the minimum participation to be 8000 points seems to be more reasonable, which is the closer the average points of the milestone of 11,600.

They already give everyone a temporary gifting badge. And most players that do not spend to hit that last milestone for participation have been saving their units for months for this event.
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    The last milestone for the alliance gifting event is 350,000. Assuming everyone in the alliance participate semi-evenly, no one would get the milestone reward. The average score to get the milestone is about 11,600 points. However, the minimum participation for the milestone is 21000. This is just wrong. It is good to set a reasonable requirement, but the one that is set currently is way too high and unachievable to most people. Someone probably need to take some math lesson to set that number.

Let me get this right? There is a free to join alliance event that has set targets to get set rewards. Good rewards as well. If you choose to make them you get the rewards, same as every event. If you choose not to then you dont

How exactly is there any problem with this at all, apart from the fact you dont want to try and achieve the required levels for the rewards? Is that how it works now, we choose what we have to achieve to reach milestones? Will this be the same for every ally event, or just ones you dont like?

Let me get this right? There is a free to join alliance event that has set targets to get set rewards. Good rewards as well. If you choose to make them you get the rewards, same as every event. If you choose not to then you dont

How exactly is there any problem with this at all, apart from the fact you dont want to try and achieve the required levels for the rewards? Is that how it works now, we choose what we have to achieve to reach milestones? Will this be the same for every ally event, or just ones you dont like?

This is not a participation issue. It is a math issue. As I said earlier. Everyone participated in event and achieve the milestone, but no one would get it because the participation requirement is just higher than the average points needed from each member. Find me an alliance event that it happened before. I don't believe there is an alliance event that this kind of requirement. Also, I did spend close to 3000 units in this event and not even close to getting the last milestone participation requirement.
  • What's ridiculous is how it compares to last year's event. The minimum for the final milestone (350K) was what they have for the 175K milestone this time around (10.5K).
    What's ridiculous is how it compares to last year's event. The minimum for the final milestone (350K) was what they have for the 175K milestone this time around (10.5K).

where did they say it would be the same as last time mate, I think I missed that?
  • What's ridiculous is how it compares to last year's event. The minimum for the final milestone (350K) was what they have for the 175K milestone this time around (10.5K).

where did they say it would be the same as last time mate, I think I missed that?

Since when does Kabam have to make that claim for a comparison to be made? Seriously, do you practice being so obtuse?
    What's ridiculous is how it compares to last year's event. The minimum for the final milestone (350K) was what they have for the 175K milestone this time around (10.5K).

Since when does Kabam have to make that claim for a comparison to be made? Seriously, do you practice being so obtuse?

I do. Was it worth it?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I'm actually fine with the Minimum Requirements. People receive Rewards collectively based on contribution. They also receive Solo Rewards. Those Rewards scale up as well as those Requirements. Would I like everyone to get it for nothing? Sure. I want my guys to have all the help they can. However, I think it's a fair system. We're also receiving Gifts from each other, on top of Milestones. As always, I've told them that Gifting is not mandatory, so they don't feel pressured. I'm cool with it.
  • Deadly2016Deadly2016 Posts: 75
    edited December 2017
    No ones saying the minimum isnt ok, but the amount is wrong.
    if 30 people in the ally contribute 350k/30= 11.66k for the last milestone the ally has reached it, yet EVERYONE is 9340 points short of claiming it, they cant even claim the second to last milestone cause they are short 3340 for that one too.
    the OP points out that the numbers dont add up between individual (and equal) contribution and the rewards, no one is complaining about the minimum, just that its to high. or in other words, if more then 16 people contribute equaly for the last milestone no one can claim it unless you drastically overshoot.
    Deadly2016 wrote: »
    if 30 people in the ally contribute 350k/30= 11.66k for the last milestone the ally has reached it, yet EVERYONE is 9340 points short of claiming it, they cant even claim the second to last milestone cause they are short 3340 for that one too.
    the OP points out that the numbers dont add up between individual (and equal) contribution and the rewards, no one is complaining about the minimum, just that its to high. or in other words, if more then 16 people contribute equaly for the last milestone no one can claim it unless you drastically overshoot.

That's the point if people read the whole comment. No one say having minimum is bad, but it sets too high. It is very possible the whole alliance make the milestone, but no one able to claim it.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★

That's the point if people read the whole comment. No one say having minimum is bad, but it sets too high. It is very possible the whole alliance make the milestone, but no one able to claim it.

Your original post says that it is wrong. I do not see it as being wrong. I think you should have said you think it is unfair.
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    This because of last years abuses, import gifting. So this should weed that out. but you never know. I don't think the event is blacked out if you join another alliance, but i could be wrong
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    People really need to read the o.p.'s point. I am amazed at the poor level of reading comprehension. Why would the minimum participation be greater than needed for all 30 members to equally participate. Here since it is so difficult for people to understand lets use simple numbers and simple math:

Pretend* the last milestone is 300 points. Divided equally in an alliance of 30 each member should contribute 10 points, yet the actual minimum participate per member to receive the last milestone is 11.

Kabam is basically saying if everyone in the alliance wants the last milestone reward you need to score well over 350,000 collectively.

Everyone going off on tangents really let this sink in.
    People really need to read the o.p.'s point. I am amazed at the poor level of reading comprehension. Why would the minimum participation be greater than needed for all 30 members to equally participate. Here since it is so difficult for people to understand lets use simple numbers and simple math:

Pretend* the last milestone is 300 points. Divided equally in an alliance of 30 each member should contribute 10 points, yet the actual minimum participate per member to receive the last milestone is 11.

Kabam is basically saying if everyone in the alliance wants the last milestone reward you need to score well over 350,000 collectively.

Everyone going off on tangents really let this sink in.

For your theoretical case, the minimum is actually closer to 20.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Oh my goodness. People, read the whole comment.. Clearly they are saying minimums aren't the problem, this is

• SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    A whole lot of folks pressing buttons on keyboards and not much reading going on. OPs point is correct.