**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

HELP button (x4) does not always work [More Info Needed]

Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
edited December 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hi,

it's been a long time since I have this issue with the HELP button. Basically the HELP button that helps 4 alliance mates at once stop working and I'm forced to help them one by one, which is really time consuming.

Here's the video showing the issue.

https://youtu.be/JvYEeRMHV6Q
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• BaironDHBaironDH Posts: 109
    It happens to me too, its normally a connection thing for me, If I close the game & open it again the issue is fixed. Try it out next time?
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    BaironDH wrote: »
    It happens to me too, its normally a connection thing for me, If I close the game & open it again the issue is fixed. Try it out next time?

Nobody got time for that! I can't re-open the game every time, especially because I'm an android user and it takes ages!
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Happens constantly. Why can’t we just have a help all button?
    Run477 wrote: »
    Happens constantly. Why can’t we just have a help all button?

It would probably crush the server :D
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    It would sadly make the hamsters blow up! Just saying tho, had an 8 year old ask me y there's not a help all. Lol
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey there @Slux83. I just tried to reproduce this, and it doesn't appear to be happening to me. Could you let me know what device and OS version you're using? Thanks!
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey there @Slux83. I just tried to reproduce this, and it doesn't appear to be happening to me. Could you let me know what device and OS version you're using? Thanks!

Hi Wolf,

I have had this exact problem many times as well using the Samsung Galaxy S series (across multiple devices most recently the 7 and 8+) it happens for a few minutes/hours and then next time I come back is working fine again my assumption is it usually has to deal with server congestion.

• Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★

Honestly its random when it happens. There wouldn't be a good way to reproduce it.
  • Zero0978Zero0978 Posts: 21
    I wish they'd just do away with this feature altogether. It's just a drain on their servers, which, we all know by now are in dire straights. Players should get 1000 loyalty points when you login for that day and they should just reduce the recharge time on arena champs and then Kabam could just get ride of this drain on their resources and get ride of this annoying pointless part of the game. IMO
  • AshtontonicAshtontonic Posts: 63
    it happen on ios device as well, its not a new thing like others mentioned, on and off...
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Happens to me fairly regularly as well. (Samsung Galaxy S7, latest software)

Sometimes it only does one help at a time, once in a while it stops altogether. The only thing that seems to trigger it is if you spam the "Help 4" button a lot while it is blacked out in between actual presses.

The thing that seems to fix it for me without restarting the game is to bring up the "Communicating with Servers" load screen (the one with Taskmaster jumping on the rooftop) by switching to another mode in the game. The most reliable way to do it is to go into the arenas, then just go back to the help screen.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Wtf could not reproduce this? This has happened regularly (most days) for me for 2 years, one correlation I've noticed is after you get your 1000 loyalty for the day it often just starts helping 1 when you press help 4. Sometimes you press the button and it helps zero so you have to press the individual help buttons, yes closing the game often fixes it but what a drag, do you guys know that the help button on 4*s only helps them by 1 minute, definitely time for a rethink
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    iOS every iOS up to 10.3.1 where I am sitting now, iPhone se, but before that iPhone 5 for 18 months across multiple iOS s, it's just a fault we all have gotten used to. my alliance all say it happens to them
    edited December 2017

Hi,
    I'm using android oneplus3 device. Model ONEPLUS A3003 running android 8.0.0.

Hope it helps. It usually happens when there are 200+ help requests.
  • BluntMacheteBluntMachete Posts: 134

hi wolf, I’d like to encourage you to consult with the most senior member in your support team at Kabam, the help button bug has existed for years... people just stopped complaining about it because it was never fixed. Especially since 1 help now gives your 40pts while before it was only 10pts. So people just had to deal with the issue 4x less longer to reach their daily max
  • iOS 11, iPhone X
    When I have over 400+ helps, it starts at help 4, then slowly goes to help 3, then 2, then 1, then it doesn’t even register.
    My way to fix this is to go to Crystals, open any crystal, then come back to Help, and it starts helping 4 per click.
    Hope that helps (pun intended) LoL!
  • Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    iOS 11, iPhone 8+ and iOS 11 iPad Pro (1st Gen)

Happens to me as well. The best way to reproduce it is when there are a mass amount of 'Help(s)' request, like over 100 and you repeatedly tap the Help 4 button until it eventually starts to help only 1 person at a time as opposed to 4.
  • KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    iOS 11.1, iPad mini 4
    you can reproduce it again by spamming help button in order to help +100 request or so
    first, it starts with 4 help at a time, and then it will be 3 at a time >2 at a time > 1 at a time > not working at all and you have to do it manually one by one
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,241 ★★★★★
    I'm having this issue once in a while on my iPhone 6 and 8+ as well.

Suggestion would be to remove Arena Help, and only allow Quest help.
  • This bug really needs to be fixed. It drives me insane. I frequently have 100+ help requests. Pressing the button 25 times sucks. Pressing it 100 times is absolute madness.

To any mod interested:
    If you are having trouble reproducing the bug it is because you don't have enough help requests to fulfill. Pressing the help button rapidly with 100+ help requests is almost a guarantee to reproduce the bug.

Tell the development team to fix it and change the button to HELP ALL. I don't know anyone who singles out certain alliance members to not help. It's ridiculous making us waste time pressing the damn button.

While you're at it tell them to fix the lag that arises when someone is pressing the help button for you as well. Many of us experience extreme lag when someone "helps" us. To be honest, it's not very helpful when you're in a fight.

Thanks for listening and hopefully not falling on deaf ears.

For what it's worth I play on both a Samsung Galaxy S6 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. Both experience the issue and it is easy to reproduce.