**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The reason i dont like the gifting stuff

I wish kabam got rit of scammers on the game they trick u in wasting units i dont like it and its sad some person i knew wasted 500 units for a person #watchoutforscammers

Comments

• Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Have u tried reporting them in game?
  • Darerider_99Darerider_99 Posts: 43
    Have u tried reporting them in game?

I report i dont know what kabam does about it and it hard to get ban on mcoc
    @Darerider_99 you get double points for your alliance by swapping with alliance members. Anyone who gifts random people from global or whatever is asking to be scammed. Not that that makes it OK

U cant trust anyone if u get the point your alliance members could trick u
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    How could it be a scam anyway?

It's a gifting system, you willingly gifted him something, end of story.

The only "scams" only happen because playwrs abuse the system to treat it like a trading function.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Yes you need to be aware that if you're arranging trades on Global with strangers, that you're taking your chances. It's the Internet, just like any. Some people you can't trust. A good way to test is to send a small Gift and see if it's returned. Of course, the best option is to only trade with people you know.
    How could it be a scam anyway?

It's a gifting system, you willingly gifted him something, end of story.

The only "scams" only happen because playwrs abuse the system to treat it like a trading function.

If it's fair trades, I wouldn't call that abuse. It's a give-and-take. We earn Points, and everyone gets Gifts. The important thing is to do it with people we trust.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Why would you trade with strangers? Trade in your alliance only or with people you actually know. This is pretty blunt but use some common sense.
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    Why would you trade with strangers? Trade in your alliance only or with people you actually know. This is pretty blunt but use some common sense.

I've done it with people I've had many conversations with on Global. Not random strangers.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Typically for seasoned players staying for very long in an alliance, whereby each members knows each other for a year or longer, and they don't simply take in random new members unless the person is being recommended by another members, in this case, very unlikely exchanging gift with alliance member will end up in the situation that you described as "your alliance members could trick u"

if you are in an alliance where your alliance mates trick you for your gift, then something is fundamentally wrong, either you are in the wrong alliance, or you guys took into the wrong member(s).

So far all gift exchanges in my alliances were going on with great holiday spirits! Everyone enjoys it very much, specifically on exchanging energy refills. Personally I also do a few exchange with some of my non-alliance friends, once again folks in my friend list are players I knew for many months to more than a year from previous alliances.

TRUST is NOT for free. TRUST is something to be EARNED! Hopefully all of us found plenty of trust in this wonderful holiday season! Cheers!

p/s: probably the party I don't trust that much nowadays is Kabam, just see they even screwed up the gifting crystal recently (giving out the 2016 version that has no 5* kang)
    Perhaps on principle, but there's nothing wrong with trading Crystals with someone if you're trying for a Champ. It's perfectly within the rules. Not at all mandatory, but there's nothing wrong with people agreeing to do it.
    Perhaps on principle, but there's nothing wrong with trading Crystals with someone if you're trying for a Champ. It's perfectly within the rules. Not at all mandatory, but there's nothing wrong with people agreeing to do it.

Yeah, and then you get scammed. Jus buy the Premium yourself.

I understand if your trading Greater Gifting Crystals, but you should always consider the risk of being scammed.
    Of course. That's why I said arrange trades with people you trust. I've done it in the last Gifting Event. I have yet to trade this time, but I see no harm in it. I traded GGCs and Nostalgias.
    I feel your pain. I'm keeping a defibrillator close for the off-chance I fluke and pull the 5*. XD
    Thanks. Same to you.
  • I went into Global and a random person requested a friend request.. I got some free gifts from him.. But, I felt obligated to gift him back.
    People beg for people to gift them just them to think they getting kang
  • ShadowXShadowX Posts: 42
    Trade with people you know simple. I trade with my alliance members because i trust them but if you get scammed you should consider if you are old enough to play the game not that I don't have sympathy but it is hardly kabams fault you met someone on global and were gullible enough to trade
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    Maybe don't trust global randoms?
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Create a 2nd account and gift yourself. Problem solved
  • GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    How about the fact that according to apples new guidelines the gifting event should be scraped and units/money refunded to all players. It is a predatory system. The ability for people to gift and the receiving party not even decide if they want to accept or decline the items breeds a sense of obligation on the part of the other person to return an item in similar cost. Then Kabam dangles rare prizes at the end of events like this to coerce others in the alliance to encourage this type of behavior. I got one am glad this event is getting stomped out by Apple. Good job Apple!!!
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    @Darerider_99 you get double points for your alliance by swapping with alliance members. Anyone who gifts random people from global or whatever is asking to be scammed. Not that that makes it OK

Actually, it’s the same. If everyone gifts all their units, it is the same as if they did it within the ally. The main reason you go with your ally is because of the trust. NEVER TRUST anyone you don’t know very well on global. Friend list (of people u know, ie real life friends or ex-ally mates) is a good place to exchange.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I don't understand why so many people are trying to trade on global. People with new accounts and not in an alliance...well fair enough. But I keep seeing people who are in an alliance trying to trade with randoms in global. Why not trade with the people in your alliance? I guess maybe some alliances are just completely dead, which is a real shame for the people in them.

Me personally though, I have more than enough people in game that I trust, so I would never ever consider going onto global to trade.

The thing that I personally don't like about gifting is that people keep gifting me junk that I don't want and didn't ask for. Those minor gifting crystals do absolutely nothing for my progression at all but I am getting sent lots of them. I already have 3* awakening gems constantly expiring in the trash. I own every three star in the game (aside from Rhino, MODOK and Immortal Ironfist) and they are all duped. I don't have anyone left that I can possibly spend the gems on.

I wish there was a way to set a wishlist and see what people actually want on their profile. Some newer accounts could get value from the minor gifting crystals. Others like me would much prefer energy refills or perhaps some class mastery items.

But I guess it captures the reality of Christmas pretty well, which is people buying you **** you don't want and didn't ask for, and you being obliged to buy them something in return.

Concerning your received gift situation, for the past 2 gifting events, my ally/friend listers have always talked about what we want/need before gifting. Yeah I feel u with the lesser GC tho. Those are only good for the occasional 4* shard