**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is 4* champions worth maxing now?

So basically in few months the game will be mainly about 5-6 stars champions instead of 4-5* champions
And since level 4 class champions are very hard to earn, are you planning to save them, or you will keep on maxing 4* champions

My opinion in few months 4* champions will become the new 3* champions

Comments

• Options
    Harry_71Harry_71 Posts: 84
    I only max out 4* champs with strategic advantage and are not available as 5*.

4* Champs worth to max:
    • Wolvie
    • both Visions
    • DD classic
    • Scarlett
    • DS (but I guess I'm alone with this opinion)
    • SL (as long as you don't have him duped as 5*)
    • Icy (as long as you don't have him duped as 5*)

others or new 4* champs stay at rank 4
  • Options
    Harry_71Harry_71 Posts: 84
    Unfortunately I additionally maxed others, but this was before the message about the 6* champs
  • Options
    SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Depends where you are in the game. Maxed 4* great for getting to Uncollected.

You’re always building towards something in this game anyway, get to uncollected and then review rankings. Doing it with maxed 4*s means you can save your T2 Alphas for when you get a decent 5*, usually after you’ve pulled Spider Gwen, KK, Luke Cage, Ant Man, Iron Fist and Iron Patriot.
  • Options
    Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    It all depends on where you are at in the game tbh.
    I'm not a big fan of 6* but they won't be a threat this early when they're released
  • Options
    Like others have said it all depends on your progress in the game.

I’ve got over 30 5* champs now, but still use my 4*s for a lot of content. Wolverine is still useful for AQ for example.

I’m working my way through exploration of 5.4 and tend to use my 4* champs over 5* because of their suitability for the nodes. My 4* Archangel was ideal for M.O.D.O.K., while 4* iceman was great for Memphisto.
  • Options
    Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    I don't touch 4* anymore unless there is a dying pressing need for something.

• Options
    Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    I have wondered upon this same question. I have one maxed 4* (I ranked him 2 days before the 6* anouncement.. ) since then I have only ranked 5* and now have 5 r3 5*, and I used them only for most content. I recently just started pulling a lot of the God tier 4* champs... (AA, ghost rider, hyperion..) so I have really been wondering how to proceed. If indeed 4* become less useful
  • Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Anything you need for synergy, or if you have t4b or t4cc expiring and just need to use them up while sparing the alphas.
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    That depends. Do you have any good 5*s or just champs like Venompool? If so, then yes 4* are still worth 5/50. But if you have like, 5* Magik then no
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Yes. Max 4 stars will always be useful.
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Resources are pretty easy to come by at this point, I still rank up 4* that are useful. Having said that, it looks like taking 5* to r4 will become easier, so I'm putting more focus on them. The lack of t1a has made me think hard about just impulse ranking now, and turned me towards hoarding. It really just depends where you are in game.
  • Options
    SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Depends on what level you’re at in the game, if you have a bunch of r4 5*’s & a ton of 4*’s maxed then no I wouldn’t rank any more 4*’s to save on t1a but if you have only a few 4*’s maxed or none at all then yes 4*’s are worth it. And the rate the game is going(very very slow with rank up items for 5*’s) 4*’s will still be relevant to a lot of the player base still. 6*’s are coming but it took almost 2 years for 5*’s to be relevant after they where released & have a feeling 6*’s will be the same
  • Options
    CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    For those of us who can't seem to pull good 5*s, maxing 4*'s gives us something to do. If you don't plan on using T2A on the 5* then a quality maxed 4* is just as good and only costs 2 alpha to rank. If T2A's start flowing like wine then 4*'s will become useless.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Why are people thinking 4* will stink? Literally the only thing affected will be AW, and maybe harder AQ maps, but kabam will probably add map 7. If ur an end game player, well duh they are obsolete, but it was that way since people had 4/55.
  • Options
    OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 248
    I only rank up 4* when cats are about to expire. Well unless the champ is decent and usable for content.