**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is Blade so good?

I’ve heard many good things about him and quite a few people believe he’s the best in the game. Considering that I don’t have any version of him I was wondering if anyone could clue me in.

Comments

• BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    He has some all around utility
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    ShtickRick wrote: »
    I’ve heard many good things about him and quite a few people believe he’s the best in the game. Considering that I don’t have any version of him I was wondering if anyone could clue me in.

Better if one forms the synergy team with 5* Blade + 5* GR + 5* Starky
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Aside from his synergies and bleed and helpful regen, he's the best counter to many difficult to beat champions
  • CakesCakes Posts: 22
    Blade is great but as someone posted earlier he still has unfavorable match ups; Bleed immunes, heroes, evaders. Another thing to keep in mind, there are more heroes in the game, then cosmic beings and villains. It just so happens the current defense and boss meta is villains and magik. If kabam really wanted to make blade less usefull they wouldnt have filled 5.4 with every boss being a villain.

Also Sparky is almost just as good if not better then blade but because of the skill cap people dont say anything about him. Albeit they have different utilities.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Cakes wrote: »
    Blade is great but as someone posted earlier he still has unfavorable match ups; Bleed immunes, heroes, evaders. Another thing to keep in mind, there are more heroes in the game, then cosmic beings and villains. It just so happens the current defense and boss meta is villains and magik. If kabam really wanted to make blade less usefull they wouldnt have filled 5.4 with every boss being a villain.

Also Sparky is almost just as good if not better then blade but because of the skill cap people dont say anything about him. Albeit they have different utilities.

Exactly -- people are really losing their minds about this character and I just don't get it -- Iceman. Rogue. Colossus. Cable. Beast. These are all counters to the stuff Blade does well, and it's not like these characters are hard to get.

If these elite alliances hadn't shifted to Mystic Wars, Blade would still be a very good champion but people would see that he has some serious weaknesses. What's he gonna do against a stacked Iceman?

• Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    Whats so good about Blade?

Massive regen
    Anti-MD
    Insane Bleed
    Insane Power Gain (due to Bleed)
    Synergy capability to have +50% ATK against ALL villains

Guys is OP and half. 4* is better than most 5* R4 possibilties in the game.

Oh, and to top it off. THEY GAVE HIM SUPER HIGH PRESTIGE.

The new "staple". An absolute must-have.
  • Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    When blade came out kabam made the most money they have ever got in a month I have him and I don’t see the hype he’s ok but he’s still not as good as gwenpool
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Whats so good about Blade?

Massive regen
    Anti-MD
    Insane Bleed
    Insane Power Gain (due to Bleed)
    Synergy capability to have +50% ATK against ALL villains

Guys is OP and half. 4* is better than most 5* R4 possibilties in the game.

Oh, and to top it off. THEY GAVE HIM SUPER HIGH PRESTIGE.

The new "staple". An absolute must-have.
    I have 5* duped blade at 4/55. You have provided some incorrect information.

"Massive" Regen is a bit of a stretch. While he has the ability to regen up to 75%, in more difficult fights it's not easy to regen to that level since block damage is high with him. His regen can be very good but tricky to get back to 75%.

Insane Bleed/Power Gain is stretching it as well. Getting the power gain means you have to be close to the opponent a lot. That can be difficult to do and not get hit all the time while blocking.

Synergies- His passive is against Dimensional Beings and Danger Sense activates. With my R4 4/55 it gives him an extra 1564 attack. My base attack with my mastery set up is 2101.
    With Stark Spidey, that Danger sense gains an additional 45% potency.
    With Ghost Rider Danger sense extends to Villains.
    With Mephisto Danger sense extends to Mystics.

Anti- MD- He is not anti MD. Danger sense reduces Dimensional Beings Ability Accuracy by 40% and ignores Dimensional Beings immunities. It helps with reducing the effects of Limbo and Degen from Magik and Dorm. With the right synergies, it extends to Villains and Mystics. The math is fuzzy but I believe with Stark Spidey, it comes out to 65ish % ability accuracy reduction.

Overall Blade is still pretty amazing in most cases. For the comment about Colossus, make sure you have Stark Spidey and use him instead of Blade. It doesn't make Blade a bad champ because you chose to use him against Colossus, that's just bad life choices in general. :-)

Yep

People are just going crazy because they’re used to getting absolutely smashed by typical mystic war defenders and blade finally provides some relief.

The hype increases due to kabam arbitrarily giving him top 3 prestige, so he simultaneously solves an AQ and AW problem.

However, still the most overrated champ in recent memory based on this hype.

• ShtickRickShtickRick Posts: 210
    Thanks for the responses, this question came about because I read on another post where someone said there is no absolute best champ in the game, but many people disagreed and said it was Blade instead.
    Thanks for the responses, this question came about because I read on another post where someone said there is no absolute best champ in the game, but many people disagreed and said it was Blade instead.

Hype train. After years of making our life difficult, kabam finally provided a brainless offensive answer to mystic nonsense.

So now everyone wants in on the hype train and it results in throwing around trigger words like “insane” and “massive” about things that aren’t either by people who don’t even have blade.

Want to know who is best? Bring a 5* 5.65 one man team to AQ, AW, LoL, Act 5 and see who does best overall over all that content. It won’t be Blade. It’ll be Iceman.
  • ZenioZenio Posts: 106
    Getting nerfed.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,863 ★★★★★
    Rektor wrote: »

Hype train. After years of making our life difficult, kabam finally provided a brainless offensive answer to mystic nonsense.

So now everyone wants in on the hype train and it results in throwing around trigger words like “insane” and “massive” about things that aren’t either by people who don’t even have blade.

Want to know who is best? Bring a 5* 5.65 one man team to AQ, AW, LoL, Act 5 and see who does best overall over all that content. It won’t be Blade. It’ll be Iceman.

But that's the thing, the only content that is meant for 1 champ is 1v1 arena fights. Many "OP" champs rely on synergies and team play. Iceman is great but can't take down a full map on his own. Duped Blade can at least regen. Iceman can't. Player skill can make more of a difference than anything else.

But that's the thing, the only content that is meant for 1 champ is 1v1 arena fights. Many "OP" champs rely on synergies and team play. Iceman is great but can't take down a full map on his own. Duped Blade can at least regen. Iceman can't. Player skill can make more of a difference than anything else.

Iceman can take any path on any AQ map by himself. Iceman dominates AW and can clear entire paths by himself. Iceman can do every fight in LoL by himself. Iceman can clear act 5 by himself. 5* 5.65 version will have enough attack to do it. He’s not the biggest damage dealer but he can do it and do it painlessly. Blade will run up against several brick walls in that content, with or without synergies.

He is also immune to basically everything. He has no real weakness. He is the best overall champ.

But I hope everyone continues this blade is god nonsense. Whatever keeps the spotlight off my Iceman 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,863 ★★★★★

Iceman can take any path on any AQ map by himself. Iceman dominates AW and can clear entire paths by himself. Iceman can do every fight in LoL by himself. Iceman can clear act 5 by himself. 5* 5.65 version will have enough attack to do it. He’s not the biggest damage dealer but he can do it and do it painlessly. Blade will run up against several brick walls in that content, with or without synergies.

He is also immune to basically everything. He has no real weakness. He is the best overall champ.

But I hope everyone continues this blade is god nonsense. Whatever keeps the spotlight off my Iceman 🤷🏻‍♂️

First off, No. He's not immune to Bane. He is not immune to degen debuffs. His health pool is OK but hes not a tank. He will take block damage over time. There isn't a single champ that could clear Act 5 or LOL solo. If there was, there would be videos of it and lots of talk about it. Please stop that nonsense.

First off, No. He's not immune to Bane. He is not immune to degen debuffs. His health pool is OK but hes not a tank. He will take block damage over time. There isn't a single champ that could clear Act 5 or LOL solo. If there was, there would be videos of it and lots of talk about it. Please stop that nonsense.

I’m just going to assume this is anti-iceman propaganda to underrate him and thus protect him from kabam.

Maybe people need to stop talking so much in general and just enjoy champs for what they can do. Instead of “hey everyone here’s another thread talking about how amazing this champ is.”

Idk if it’s the desire to feel included on the hype train or what, but they’re not telling anyone anything they don’t already know. They’re just shining a spotlight that doesn’t need to be turned on.