**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Apple Now Requires Game Developers to disclose odds on "Loot Boxes" [MERGED THREADS]

Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    bdawg923 wrote: »
    Watch them get around this somehow

You know they will. They would never disclose that information!!
  • Great news! Thanks for the post.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    From what I have read it doesn’t require the odds for loot boxes as a whole, just the ones you purchase so that could/would mean those that are exchanged for money. Given that and assuming Kabam wants to keep the odds hidden then it would make sense for them to remove the hero crystals from the daily offers and no longer offer any hero crystal for purchase from the unit store.

I also don’t care enough to investigate if there are grandfather exceptions, so it could be they will not have to do a single thing.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    Technically we do purchase crystals, even though it's with in game currency. But apple doesn't specify that this applies to loot boxes purchased with money, just "purchased".
  • Bird_BearBird_Bear Posts: 1
    They never will. Sweep under the rug
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    God bless Apple. I would be surprised if getting around this rule only required offering crystals via unit/digital currency. I feel like Apple would be smart enough to know that. These rules are being floated by politicians so I am sure there will be regulations.
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    Should they not also disclose what could be available in those Loot boxes? Aside from a totally generic statement like in the GGCs?
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    Well this seems pretty straightforward. Let's see those rates!
    This is amazing!
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    So does that mean we'll know the odds of these crystals finally?
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Kestrelle wrote: »
    This is really a gigantic win for gamers. I am very impressed with Apple on this one

Not for us if it drastically changes the in game economy in a negative way
  • SpinoSpino Posts: 241
    Bird_Bear wrote: »
    They never will. Sweep under the rug

Then, Apple store might as well cease to offer their app.
    Omni wrote: »
    This is really a gigantic win for gamers. I am very impressed with Apple on this one

I strongly disagree. This definitely does have the potential to have a big impact on this, and every other game with loot crates. Even if it looks like a negative on the surface, I view this as an unquestionable positive
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Omni wrote: »

I strongly disagree. This definitely does have the potential to have a big impact on this, and every other game with loot crates. Even if it looks like a negative on the surface, I view this as an unquestionable positive

Kabam makes x amount of their money off of loot crystals. If they now disclose drop rates and it changes people’s purchasing pattern and less revenue comes in they will have two choices.

Strip the game team down to keep their profit target or change the economy of the game to entice people to purchase other in game items directly. If you thought a 5 star crystal was expensive now, wait until they figure out how much to charge to keep their same profit margin.
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 547 ★★★
    Why does everyone care about knowing the odds?? Can someone explain to me what this would actually change as far as pulling champs go??
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Genuine question... What does this change?

When it says "this featured 5* crystal has 1% chance to pull X", what will that change? Will you no longer open one? Of course you will. Just like you do now knowing the odds are super low.

I'm not trying to be snarky, I just think this will have 0 affect on the game and how we choose to open crystals. We already know the odds are ****.

This is a valid point but the transparency would be appreciated if nothing else. Also, this will require the drop rates between new players and old players to be disclosed and eventually evened. Once there is a light shined on the better rates for new players vs old I think it might make Kabam have to even things out.