**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ascend Nick Fury or Hulkling for BGs?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
Leaning hulkling but an ascended NF could help in different ways. For example, less likely to fight him as he’ll get banned more. Or alternatively, it could prevent a ban on Archangel which would be nice

Ascend Nick Fury or Hulkling for BGs? 142 votes

Hulkling
55%
Crys23RaganatorSecondSkrillerzuffyFeeney234bm3eppsBlackPhoenix44HendrossZsirhcZIamnikerdxevilJustcause102Grizzly_18SCP1504SidDDragonMattstafariCASrinivasAnakinIsGoneAyden_noah1psp742 79 votes
Nick
44%
bhuv9191Spity68SligSIlverProfessorallinashesNoodes_MoneyclipTerraDuo_KulioKaspYTAshyKnucklesBluestoneGodrohrLogan00t123459SavageBreaker69jay_denJimmyBAnbeiDJMNH 63 votes

Comments

• Options
    Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 ★★★
    Hulkling
    Don't get me wrong, I have always been a hulkling stan over fury, for him being more suitable and versatile for my needs. However, an awakened NF is undisputably a very good champ....his second life phase becomes overpowering and he can really mess with ya with those unblockables.

But again, Hulkling(unawakened) has cleared way more content for me everywhere, than NF(awakened). i would say Hulkling, but Nick ain't bad either. Plus, you definitely won't regret Hulkling
  • Options

Don't get me wrong, I have always been a hulkling stan over fury, for him being more suitable and versatile for my needs. However, an awakened NF is undisputably a very good champ....his second life phase becomes overpowering and he can really mess with ya with those unblockables.

But again, Hulkling(unawakened) has cleared way more content for me everywhere, than NF(awakened). i would say Hulkling, but Nick ain't bad either. Plus, you definitely won't regret Hulkling

Yeah thats why I was considering Nick, I think he might be a better option to ascend over Kingpin since he could actually use the increase in damage more , but benefits more than KP on defense.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    Hulkling
    Herc duh
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    Hulkling
    Hulking..I always ban him in BGs, but never really ban Nick.
  • Options

Damn it’s a dead even split!

In regards to BGs, these 2 might be the most beneficial ascensions of their respective classes...

Unless of course KP would triumph Nick for Skill. Thoughts?
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 283 ★★★
    Nick
    I wanted to chose hulkling but the score was uneven so i fixed it for you 👍
  • Options
    InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 314 ★★
    Hulkling
    Hulkling leading now :smile:
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,145 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Hulkling
    Hulkling with the slight lead now. Nick is an underrated attacker in BG. He's won me a few fights with his second life.
  • Options

Hulkling leading now :smile:

Not any more lol

Hulkling with the slight lead now. Nick is an underrated attacker in BG. He's won me a few fights with his second life.

@Ayden_noah1 with max deep wounds? Cause when you get to the 2nd life your health starts degening and BGS looks at health more than time. Also did you let yourself die in the first phase to get to the 2nd faster?
  • Options
    Ben_15455Ben_15455 Posts: 250
    Nick
    Honestly you can't go wrong here. Both are insane
  • Options
    Going to do Hulkling, Fury needs max DW to really shine in BGs otherwise it’s a slog fest in the first phase.

and there’s masteries that benefit more champs than just bleeders like max points in MD, petrify, SYG, Limber , Willpower.
  • Options
    AnakinIsGoneAnakinIsGone Posts: 220
    Hulkling
    Beware the formidable defender, Hulkling! His unrivaled abilities tests the limits of your patience and strategic planning.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 309 ★★★
    There are more Hulkling nukes than NF nukes. Hulkling isn't the BG defender he used to be. He can nuke fights on offense while NF can be risky but when you have the timing of the LMD down, it's usually a win. With all the mystics in this meta, NF is the better choice now, but next meta could flip the script. Can't go wrong either way.

The more we face these 2 in BG's, the easier they are to get around. I go with Hulkling in every day content than NF, but really depends on the nodes/content. Roster diversity is important.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Hulkling

Hulkling a dual threat very good attacker and a good defender while fury really just a defender for bgs

Conqueror point of view .
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 393 ★★★
    Hulkling
    Rohit_316 said:

Hulkling a dual threat very good attacker and a good defender while fury really just a defender for bgs

Conqueror point of view .
    Lol fury stupid easy hulkling actually requires actual counters and hulkling got better offense than fury
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 944 ★★★★
    Hulkling
    Hulkling is just better I think, Nick has been disappointing recently, especially against Dani decks…
  • Options
    Didn’t expect this poll to have such controversial comments with one side saying Hulkling is less of a threat on defense as theres a lot of mystics whereas the other saying that nick can be taken with champs other than just mystics and is being steamrolled by Dani.

@Vanitelia I will give credit to fury in that its easy to mess up against him especially at sig 200 or just get stalled to oblivion with bad AI.

However, I have to agree with @Ultragamer and @SecondSkriller in giving the edge to Hulkling because even if they have mystics drafted, you can just use Hulkling for offense. Whereas with Nick, if they have AA/Dani or other nukes, you wouldn’t really use him for offense unless you had an ideal class advantage or squishy champ that can be bled, AND even if you did, you’d need max deep wounds to even make a dent in the first phase
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 944 ★★★★
    Hulkling
    I would invest in Korg for skill defense, he’s still the top dog and Hulkling for cosmic dual threat. Hulkling can take all sorts of matchups and also has regen in case you mess up, who knows, happens sometimes, sure did to me. His immunities are also extremely valuable, poison can handle Ibom traps and the shock is great for defense mostly, stopping Doom from cheesing him. The power control immunities he has are also fantastic, he’s drain immune so you can take on Nimrod without losing power everytime you launch a special.
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★
    Nick
    Voted Nick cuz that's who I ascended. Have been playing Hulkling more and he'll be my next R4, maybe R5. Just torn between Hulkling, Herc and CGR.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,413 ★★★★★
    Hulkling
    Dual threat
  • Options

I would invest in Korg for skill defense, he’s still the top dog and Hulkling for cosmic dual threat. Hulkling can take all sorts of matchups and also has regen in case you mess up, who knows, happens sometimes, sure did to me. His immunities are also extremely valuable, poison can handle Ibom traps and the shock is great for defense mostly, stopping Doom from cheesing him. The power control immunities he has are also fantastic, he’s drain immune so you can take on Nimrod without losing power everytime you launch a special.

I agree with everything you said but I think fury is a better r5 choice than Korg. Dont get me wrong Korg is a much better defender, but he’s also a 7 star.

It’s also why I’ve been sitting on my r5 mutant gem besides having a max sig rank 4 Domino. Her and Korg are two of the best defenders, I wish they weren’t 7 stars
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Hulkling
    Polygon said:

I agree with everything you said but I think fury is a better r5 choice than Korg. Dont get me wrong Korg is a much better defender, but he’s also a 7 star.

It’s also why I’ve been sitting on my r5 mutant gem besides having a max sig rank 4 Domino. Her and Korg are two of the best defenders, I wish they weren’t 7 stars
    A 6* r4 or r5 max sig Korg is miles better than an unduped or sig 20 7*.
  • Options
    Rohit_316 said:

Polygon said:

A 6* r4 or r5 max sig Korg is miles better than an unduped or sig 20 7*.
    I use to agree with you @Rohit_316 ,but some people are beginning to think that a sig 20 7* would still be the better r2 candidate than a sig 200 6* for the r5 just cause of how tanky 7 stars are.