**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Apple Now Requires Game Developers to disclose odds on "Loot Boxes" [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    For some reason, I don't see this ending in people knowing the drop rates. Lol. Nor do I think it matters. If people want the Champs, they'll go for them. I think this one is being run with. Even if they were shared, people would still open the Crystals.
    Jestress wrote: »
    For some reason, I don't see this ending in people knowing the drop rates. Lol. Nor do I think it matters. If people want the Champs, they'll go for them. I think this one is being run with. Even if they were shared, people would still open the Crystals.

I disagree. If I knew the chance at a champ was 25%, I'd be a lot more inclined to try my luck than if the same champ chance was 0.5%.

You already know the chance is low on rare drops. We all do. We still go for them because we want them. If we're not as interested, we don't. We don't need specific numbers for that.
    Then it doesn't matter to you.
  • Cant be arsed reding the pages of the same moaners

There is one very simple fix if you dont like the drop rates - dont buy anything in the game! Or better still, dont play the game

Yeah - you could do that, or you could complain that the drop rates suck, and demand that the game is improved, if you aren’t satisfied with the quality.
    The whole reason people want to know, in my opinion, is to start a Witch Hunt. I've been a gamer more years than I care to admit. If people want something, they go for it. The TL:DR of this is, "We want to know because we never trusted the drop rates".
    Precisely. Conspiracy.
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    It’s probably just for purchases made with real money.

All they have to do is stop selling them. Most crystals are purchased with in game currency or shards earned in game.

I doubt they wil have to release any drop rate info. They will get around it somehow.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    GOD BLESS YOU APPLE!!! KABAM FINALLY HAS TO ADMIT HOW LOW THE DROP RATE FOR 4*S OUT OF PHC!!!
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Born wrote: »

All they have to do is stop selling them. Most crystals are purchased with in game currency or shards earned in game.

I doubt they wil have to release any drop rate info. They will get around it somehow.

I don't know why you think Apple would be this stupid so as to fall for that. Apple is getting in front of what will eventually be federal regulations in the USA. They are not going to allow the app developers to weasel around it using your method. Further, Kabam would not dare try to weasel around it. If they got caught and booted from the app store it is lights out.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    How is this different from the Chinese government requiring drop rates that were “sure to give us the drop rates” about a year ago. It can only be the Illuminati, amirite?
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    Gambling. That is all.
    Nonsense. The arguments that crystals purchased with units do not count is silly.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    Nonsense. The arguments that crystals purchased with units do not count is silly.

Yep as units cost money and 90% of the playerbase buy their units.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★

Don’t disagree with you. That would be a highly legalistic argument. But there are a lot of legalistic distinctions that are the law, both in the US and abroad. And here we aren’t talking about a court of law, but rather terms between two private companies. They can agree that “purchased” means anything.

Dr. Zola
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    Born wrote: »

I don't know why you think Apple would be this stupid so as to fall for that. Apple is getting in front of what will eventually be federal regulations in the USA. They are not going to allow the app developers to weasel around it using your method. Further, Kabam would not dare try to weasel around it. If they got caught and booted from the app store it is lights out.

Lol we shall see.

• SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    I don't think Kabam will weasel out of this one. Once Apple puts it's foot down developers either fall in line or get booted from the app store. If that happens bye bye MCOC and the cash cow they have.
    DrZola wrote: »

Don’t disagree with you. That would be a highly legalistic argument. But there are a lot of legalistic distinctions that are the law, both in the US and abroad. And here we aren’t talking about a court of law, but rather terms between two private companies. They can agree that “purchased” means anything.

Dr. Zola

This is Apple's rule right now. If Kabam tries to mess around and find a loophole they risk getting the boot from the app store. That is risk they will not take. I suspect that they will have no choice but to fully disclose and find a new way to make money or improve drop rates.
  • BmoreWilsonBmoreWilson Posts: 48
    Yeah let’s reveal those odds 😏