Battlegrounds Solo event scoring update

For context, I'm a Paragon player who's played since 2017 and have a BG deck with all 6star r4s 7star r1s and only 2 6star r3s, 1 6star r5 and 1 r4 ascended, I make it to GC every season pretty easily but don't really have time to push more after getting there due to Univeristy and other reasons.

The nature of BG and the solo event seems conflicting, obviously you want to win as much as possible in BG to increase your rank, but the solo event encourages players to simply participate. Currently, you get 2,250 for completing the match and an additional 4,500 if you win using elder's marks. It takes 66.66 wins so 67 wins with elder marks to get the full 450k for the solo event. 55 straight wins for GC from bronze 3 and 36 wins from plat 3, the rest will be in the Gladiator's Circuit. Including fight time + search time + navigating around, takes ~15min per match, so that's ~16 hours and 45min spent just in BG, and that is assuming you win 67 matches in a row to get the full 450k! Up to 3 times that if you don't win! That's a lot of time spent in just BG.
This is why I think people were deliberately losing to stay in lower ranks in the first place, because it took so long, and adding on top of that, if you finish in the Gladiator's Circuit last season you start in plat 3 and only have 36 wins before getting to GC where the matches are much difficult, and therefore forces you to commit more than ~17 hours to just BG.

Whilst I think banning people who throw matches deliberately has the right intentions to stop players with larger rosters from stifling players with less developed rosters, it will not solve the issue. Less developed rosters will also have to win 67 times which will put them close to GC if they win straight where they are less likely to have a good time in GC against rosters much larger than theirs, but in the more likely scenario, if they lose, they have to spend far more time in BG to get full solo rewards which they might not have the time to do.

My suggestion is simple, just give more points for winning, and even more points for winning in GC or even just higher ranks. This way players are actually incentivised to be in higher rank and GC which makes deliberately throwing matches far less effective.
The current point system can be the baseline, 2,250 for completion, 4,500 additional for winning in bronze. Then give an additional 10% for winning each rank at gold and above, 110% (4950) for gold, 120% (5400) for Plat, 130% (5850) for diamond and 150% (6,750) in Vibranium and 250% (11,250) in GC. Or some other form of increment for rank, this can even be extended to ranks in GC. This will not only make the solo rewards much less of a grind and allow for time to play other aspects of the game that we love, but it will also make throwing matches far less effective in grinding points and incentivise players to push higher, making it more enjoyable for everyone!

If you guys think this is a good idea, please give support so Kabam might see this!
:)

Comments

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 4,178 ★★★★★
    Your solution defeats the purpose of making the milestones higher.
  • KingnaesKingnaes Posts: 69
    17 hrs but you have 28 Days to do it... so spend about 1 hr a day and you'll get it. I'm already a third way done playing barely 30 mins a day and it's been less than a week.. I started in Plat 3. Some of my alliance mates are like 50% done.
  • Tim2697Tim2697 Posts: 10

Your solution defeats the purpose of making the milestones higher.

My point was the point requirement takes too long, and that’s why people throw matches, just make it so there is more incentive to win so people stop throwing matches
  • Tim2697Tim2697 Posts: 10
    Kingnaes said:

17 hrs but you have 28 Days to do it... so spend about 1 hr a day and you'll get it. I'm already a third way done playing barely 30 mins a day and it's been less than a week.. I started in Plat 3. Some of my alliance mates are like 50% done.

That’s assuming you win 67 matches straight, I doubt you can do that consistently, and that’s if you only use elder marks, additionally, it gets harder to win as you progress which is why people throw matches deliberately
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    You do not have to hit all milestones. You do not even have to play the game at all. You can do as much or as little as you want. It's your choice. If you want something in life you have to work for it. You can't just ask someone to make it easier.

When you grow up I promise you, you would like to get the same pay and work half the hours but it's probably not going to happen.