**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Suggestion to make battleground match-up better

Battleground is really annoying especially after Diamond 1, So kabam can fix this problem of match up by integrating Alliance rating or alliance war league (eg. Gold, platinum) in their battleground match up system.
If we use alliance rating as base to decide match up that will improve the match ups, Atleast if we can use this system in victory track that will be better.

Comments

• Options
    Hemendra_Hemendra_ Posts: 107
    xLunatiXx said:

Don't know what alliance has to do with a 1v1 game mode...

Alliance rating is a total of all players in the alliance, and did you ever seen a player which has 1000 rating in platinum alliance.
  • Options
    iwosoiwoso Posts: 26

This is nonsense.

Not really, i have had this same complaint myself but the sad fact is he's right about it but kabam being kabam wont tackle it unless they're losing profits :/
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,366 ★★★★
    AW and BG are totally different playing grounds, probably the worst idea I‘ve seen for a long time.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINK said:

AW and BG are totally different playing grounds, probably the worst idea I‘ve seen for a long time.

Really, what do you find bad, i didn't said it's solely be decided by alliance rating but should be included.
  • Options
    Gotcha, move my whole alliance to a new alliance so our alliance rating is 0, or move into my alts alliance where it is like 900 and get super easy matchups. It's like sandbagging, except you lose literally nothing to your deck strength.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    Hemendra_ said:

Battleground is really annoying especially after Diamond 1, So kabam can fix this problem of match up by integrating Alliance rating or alliance war league (eg. Gold, platinum) in their battleground match up system.
    If we use alliance rating as base to decide match up that will improve the match ups, Atleast if we can use this system in victory track that will be better.

Matchmaking may hurt sometimes, but that is by design and will/should persist as long as every summoner is competing in the same pool. You have to climb over players to reach the top, and there is no express elevator.

The best solution IMO is to have tiers or leagues that separate summoners by progression or something so that there is less discrepancy in rosters.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,529 ★★★★★

Hemendra_ said:

Matchmaking may hurt sometimes, but that is by design and will/should persist as long as every summoner is competing in the same pool. You have to climb over players to reach the top, and there is no express elevator.

The best solution IMO is to have tiers or leagues that separate summoners by progression or something so that there is less discrepancy in rosters.
    Its basically a compromise solution, you won't imagine how many Cavs are out there with better rosters than some TBs (Progression title is as relevant as player rating for this matter)
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Gotcha, move my whole alliance to a new alliance so our alliance rating is 0, or move into my alts alliance where it is like 900 and get super easy matchups. It's like sandbagging, except you lose literally nothing to your deck strength.

I see, so you can sacrifice your alliance war rewards for bg rewards.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,456 ★★★★★
    iwoso said:

This is nonsense.

Not really, i have had this same complaint myself but the sad fact is he's right about it but kabam being kabam wont tackle it unless they're losing profits :/
    What is there to tackle exactly? You're in a competition. Both you and the OP don't want to face competition. You think you should get the same rewards as the top of the leaderboard for doing less work.

Kabam isn't going to tackle something because you don't like facing harder competition.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 722 ★★★★
    Hemendra_ said:

Pikolu said:

Except not everyone actually cares about AW. I don't like the stress of high-end AW so I'm in a chill alliance, but we care more about BG. It's just too prone to manipulation
  • Options
    Hemendra_ said:

Pikolu said:

All day, everyday, 24/7. Landed in Gold 1 last season, so really not missing out on anything except reduced stress from no AW
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,456 ★★★★★
    Hemendra_ said:

WOLF_LINK said:

Really, what do you find bad, i didn't said it's solely be decided by alliance rating but should be included.
    The fact that you can create alliances with zero AW rating. Just another thing Kabam will have to monitor.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    A better idea wold to be remove the protection starting in Bronze 3 so people don't get a free ride and then hit a wall.
  • Options
    I'm in Plat 1, and have 2 R3 6*s with about 15 R5 5*s as my strongest champs. I consecutively faced 3 Legend accounts with a huge roster or R5 6*s and R2 7*s. Like, how is this supposed to be fair? It's like asking a random person on the street to face up against Mike Tyson.

Split the rewards, make leagues or brackets (based on progression, or prestige, or account rating, whatever) and set rewards accordingly, but don't just open the gates for any and all accounts to face other players. Implement proper skill-based matchmaking with an ELO system.

Or remove deck restrictions from players rosters to ALL CHAMPS IN THE GAME. That way you'll get an actual fun game-mode, instead of this chore.
  • Options
    The_GruffaloThe_Gruffalo Posts: 10
    Battlegrounds is the worst format going and a potential deal breaker and that comes from a 9yr veteran. Matches are too long, matchups are ridiculously inaccurate in challenge/equality… how do I lose 50 in a row and still face team’s vastly superior??? The format will require about 25hrs of play time to reach rewards - stupid!
  • Options
    FieryWaterFieryWater Posts: 53
    I can assure you OP, if they did introduce an Alliance rating based matchmaking system, you'd be back here very soon complaining about why it should be removed.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,366 ★★★★

I'm in Plat 1, and have 2 R3 6*s with about 15 R5 5*s as my strongest champs. I consecutively faced 3 Legend accounts with a huge roster or R5 6*s and R2 7*s. Like, how is this supposed to be fair? It's like asking a random person on the street to face up against Mike Tyson.

Split the rewards, make leagues or brackets (based on progression, or prestige, or account rating, whatever) and set rewards accordingly, but don't just open the gates for any and all accounts to face other players. Implement proper skill-based matchmaking with an ELO system.

Or remove deck restrictions from players rosters to ALL CHAMPS IN THE GAME. That way you'll get an actual fun game-mode, instead of this chore.

It is an ELO system, at least in GC.

You gain points for winning, you loose points for loosing and face opponents with equal Rating.

In Victory Track (after Babysitting Bonus ends in Platin) you‘ll face opponents from the same League (Tier) … so just an ELO light system.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,674 ★★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

It is an ELO system, at least in GC.

You gain points for winning, you loose points for loosing and face opponents with equal Rating.

In Victory Track (after Babysitting Bonus ends in Platin) you‘ll face opponents from the same League (Tier) … so just an ELO light system.
    Blinded by the light?
  • Options
    TeiTei Posts: 55
    What about fix lags and bugs?
  • Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,161 ★★★
    Worst idea i ever heard, it's easy to take advantage of this method
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 720 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Looks like someone is trying to compete with golivarez in the Most Nonsense Post Award 2023
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,010 Guardian
    Hemendra_ said:

I'm honestly not even sure what this is supposed to do. Are we supposed to match against people with the same alliance war rating? I'm a 17k prestige 5 million+ player currently in an alliance currently in tier 10, and that has in the past been as low as tier 13. Is your intent to have me match against other players in tier 13? There are players stronger than me in retirement alliances with war ratings approaching zero.

Even without manipulation, even players who don't manipulate war rating are going to be having wildly random match ups under such a scheme. Factoring in the effects of manipulation this would be a disaster.