**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why are individual milestones of alliance gifting event so high?

Why is the individual milestone not the alliance milestone divided by 30? For example, the 10th milestone is a t4cc. The alliance requirement for this reward is 175,000 points. The individual requirements is 10,450 points. However, if everyone equally contributed to the 175,000 points; no one would get the milestone as 175,000 / 30 is only approximately 5833.33 points.

Comments

• KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Because this is a great way for them to make money off of whales
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    So you spend more
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited December 2017
    This is not a conspiracy theory... I am just guessing here... but maybe they knew this might be the very last gifting event and wanted to try and make it the biggest $ making one (I just doubt they did not know this regulation was coming soon... I am sure Apple gave fair warning or they got insider info). That is the only reason I can really think of for adding the fairly arbitrary and overblown requirement... of coarse it is entirely possible they had a really good reason I just cannot think of (maybe they could comment and let us know).

I agree with Grim... at most the requirements should be an even split of 30 to make each alliance member pull their weight (at most, really it should be slightly less then an even split as some will always pull a bit more then others due to some being newer). But according to the new rules gifting events like this are might become a thing of the past.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Really bummed about this gifting event. Maxed the solo event but wont be going further as the juice isn't worth the squeeze. The Ally milestones are ridiculously high. Spend $100 for a T4CC? No thanks... Spend $200 for 1/2 a T2A? I'm definitely going to pass on that. And don't get me started on the GGCs.

The gifting event has been fun in the past, but the Ally solo requirements this year really ruin it to get Milestones as a team. Way to leave a bad taste in our mouths. At least Apple is making it against the rules so we don't have to put up with a worse one next year.
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Rhyano wrote: »
    Why is the individual milestone not the alliance milestone divided by 30? For example, the 10th milestone is a t4cc. The alliance requirement for this reward is 175,000 points. The individual requirements is 10,450 points. However, if everyone equally contributed to the 175,000 points; no one would get the milestone as 175,000 / 30 is only approximately 5833.33 points.

so the ally get together and agree to push for the ally rewards even though each person wouldn't benefit from direct rewards for doing so. You know, work together for the greater good, a bit like an alliance

Simple really
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    They are not high.
  • RhyanoRhyano Posts: 11
    edited December 2017
    Divide the top milestone by 30. Then compare that with the individual score it takes to get the last milestone in alliance gifting event. The alliance can achieve the goal and literally no one could get the reward.xapv7thygiqm.png
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Thats' true about the math behind the /30 comparison. Maybe milestone set this way on purpose to boost Kabam's revenue & profit ... maybe some goal to hit X% year-to-year increase vs last yr's revenue and profi, and if hit or exceed expectation, each employees receive Y% of bonus
  • All about that money!
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    @benjamin_lee, and what about the heavy savers? Saved up enough to gift and reach the upper milestones for my alliance but other teammates contributed some but now are required to spend much more than average to get the same rewards. Again, all alliance events except this one let all members enjoy the same rewards so long as they participate. If they don't contribute anything, then they shouldn't get the rewards. For example, if you don't do any questing, you wouldn't get any of the alliance rewards for the completion milestones. @Kabam Miike any comments as to why there are minimums and they are so much higher than the average to reach the milestone with a fully 30 member alliance? If the sole reason is about money for Kabam, then just please verify that is the only reason...
  • bradshaw84bradshaw84 Posts: 31
    They won’t answer this legitimate question because quite frankly the simple answer that higher individual requirements makes them more money would not be well received. But that’s the simple reason.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Its a good but inconvenient way to prevent Allainces leechers
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Also alliances hoppers. Heard this was rampant in the first gifting event a couple years ago, where people would jump from one alliance to another, gift a few items to leaders or officers, collect all rewards, move on to another alliance and rinse and repeat.

Think this is the main reason for the minimum gifting limits and I think it's fair, to reduce the level of leeching and hopping. I concur though that the individual requirements are too high to qualify for the alliance gifting event milestone rewards. A pure cash grab from Kabam's end.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    Yeah, they could have just made blackout period to prevent leechers... We've hit the 1st T2A milestone and majority of alliance isn't getting many of the milestone rewards. No one leeching here... Just everyone in my ally participating in their own way. They should receive the rewards as well...
  • RhyanoRhyano Posts: 11
    Lol kabam takes the time to warn me, but doesn't have time to respond to question.... par for the course.

This has nothing to do with hopping or leaching.... if you were around during first gifting event you would know that. if you have to do double your fair share to get a reward that is ridiculous. This has to do with the fact that the final milestone is 350,000 points. However, for the entire alliance to actually receive the reward the minimum alliance points must REALLY be 21,000 x 30 or 630,000 points!!!!!!
  • AmWhoIamAmWhoIam Posts: 4
    Really would like to know this as well. Love the fact there are milestones, to keep people from collecting just by getting on the board, but the last milestone should not exceed the individual split. Last 2 milestones for individuals are extreme. Last individual milestone should not exceed 11,667 points. Being the overall milestone as an alliance is 350k.
    Someone please explain this.
  • Last year gifting was bugged. You could gift a duel credit to unlock each milestone.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    It’s a lot lower than last years
  • I think it's pretty obvious why they do stuff like this...... The almighty dollar
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    It’s a lot lower than last years

But then again, last year it didn't work.
  • p8emr4qcbtdj.png

I’ve logged out and back in many times but somehow this comes up! Any ideas why I haven’t got the level 4 reward?
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Deesha05 wrote: »
    p8emr4qcbtdj.png

I’ve logged out and back in many times but somehow this comes up! Any ideas why I haven’t got the level 4 reward?

Because you need to put in 880 points to be able to claim it and you only contributed 490.
  • @benjamin_lee, and what about the heavy savers? Saved up enough to gift and reach the upper milestones for my alliance but other teammates contributed some but now are required to spend much more than average to get the same rewards. Again, all alliance events except this one let all members enjoy the same rewards so long as they participate. If they don't contribute anything, then they shouldn't get the rewards. For example, if you don't do any questing, you wouldn't get any of the alliance rewards for the completion milestones. @Kabam Miike any comments as to why there are minimums and they are so much higher than the average to reach the milestone with a fully 30 member alliance? If the sole reason is about money for Kabam, then just please verify that is the only reason...

Don't think you got the point of my post buddy. I was just saying that there is a way for heavy spenders in an alliance to 'help' non-spenders in an alliance reach every personal milestone. But I am not encouraging it as that would be against the game rules as it would involve the heavy spender logging into a non-spenders account, buying odins there, and then gifting himself the units worth of those odins.

Then again, I don't believe there is a rule against sharing credit card details so technically there would be nothing wrong with 10 accounts in an alliance buying odins off the same credit card details ;)

just saying if you're creative enough there are ways around the personal milestone barriers too
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    An easy and quick fix would be to add a couple more units milestones in the alliance gifting ladder. One 275 Units each between the last 2 rewards.

It would still require spending but it will be more reasonable. The last 2 milestones should not be free they are tier 2 alpha the limiting catalyst in the game ( supooosidly).
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Addyos wrote: »
    Also alliances hoppers. Heard this was rampant in the first gifting event a couple years ago, where people would jump from one alliance to another, gift a few items to leaders or officers, collect all rewards, move on to another alliance and rinse and repeat.

Think this is the main reason for the minimum gifting limits and I think it's fair, to reduce the level of leeching and hopping. I concur though that the individual requirements are too high to qualify for the alliance gifting event milestone rewards. A pure cash grab from Kabam's end.

In theory, blackout periods were made to prevent it.

However I'm agree with minimums (even for every alliance event) but it should be reasonable. As many people have said, technically is possible an alliance could reach the milestone but nobody could get the reward. The requirements should be a fair split, even slightly under the 1/30 rate.