**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

which 5/50 or [4/40+4/40]?

First of all, thank you for all of the help in the MCoC community!

My dilemma: How would you handle alpha resources for my 4* roster situation?
My Top 3:
4* Spider-Man(Stark Enhanced)(*5/5)
4* Blade(*5/5)
4* Hulk(*5/5)

Mystic
4* Voodoo(* 4/5)
4* Scarlet Witch(* 4/5)
4* Magik(* 3/5)
4* Ghost Rider(not awakened 2/5)

Mutants:
4* ArchAngel(*4/5)
4* Iceman(*2/5)

Cosmic:
4* Hela(*3/5)
4* Thor(*4/5)

My 5* are all trash.

At roughly equivalent 3x Alpha-1 usage, who should I bring 5/5?
Would it be better to bring other(s) to 4/5?
Should I keep holding-out for a better option (solid 5*, a better Cosmic, a different Mutant)?

I'm considering alternatively Magik to 5/5, or Ghost Rider + Magik both to 4/5. Or any combination including ArchAngel and/or Iceman.

How would you spend 3 Alpha-1 given the above roster options?

Thank you in advance!
Again, thank you to the entire community!

Comments

• Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Iceman. AA. Scarlet witch. Voodoo/Hela in that order.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    For sure bring up GR so you can have the godsquad
  • SevSynSevSyn Posts: 72
    @Vossler77
    My iceman is 2/5 ... would you take him to 5/5 (cost 4 Tier-1 Alpha) ... before spending 2 (T1A) on AA, Scarlet Witch?...

@vinniegainz
    Why Ghost Rider? He can regenerate, but not terribly efficiently... and his damage output is a bit low ... (also, I don't have him awakened)

My main play-style & focus are: Questing, Story, Labyrinth, Alliance Quest
    Should I make a 5/50 Iceman to round out the roster (above) or go for Mystics or take ArchAngel since I'm closer?...

• vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    SevSyn wrote: »
    @Vossler77
    My iceman is 2/5 ... would you take him to 5/5 (cost 4 Tier-1 Alpha) ... before spending 2 (T1A) on AA, Scarlet Witch?...

@vinniegainz
    Why Ghost Rider? He can regenerate, but not terribly efficiently... and his damage output is a bit low ... (also, I don't have him awakened)

My main play-style & focus are: Questing, Story, Labyrinth, Alliance Quest
    Should I make a 5/50 Iceman to round out the roster (above) or go for Mystics or take ArchAngel since I'm closer?...

With blade synergy it makes his judgments 100% and he has debatably the best regen in the game regards to amount + reliability. He should be the priority to r5 and awaken that will solve the damage output issue.

At this point the best questing team you could have would probably me spark + blade + GR + iceman + mephisto (blade's danger sense expands to mystics as well, and GR gains additional 10% attack bonus at the start of the fight.

This team has everything ; tons of regen, tons of damage, tons of power control (iceman just tanks sp3s, GR has decent power drain and power lock sp3, spark has power drain + taunt all or nothing bypass), fate seals (mephisto soul imprisonment, GR has fate seal sp1 and sp3), ability reduction (blade for villains, mystics, dimensional beings, iceman for anti evade, spark sp3). Pretty much all corners of the game covered.
    That sounds like a well balanced squad... but I'm lacking Mephisto.

Iceman and Ghost Rider are both only 2/5 for me currently... and Ghost Rider non-duped. I have only 1 universal 4*-grey rank-up (and no mystic rank-ups)...

Do you think Ghost Rider is worthy of a universal rank-up?

I think I am alpha-1 limited to do both Ghost Rider and Iceman ... should I 4/40 both instead?... should I 5/50 one of them?

I am torn because I have several great mystic options... and my mutant 4/40 ArchAngel can be great in some situations

But I agree that your squad suggestion would work for me.

Progression-wise, I am near 100% explored Act 4 (Chapter 4.5 currently) ... but still having trouble on "Road to Labyrinth" Chapter 4.3 and Act 5 Chapter 1.2

• Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    They're all good options but yes I would do Iceman before Scarlet Witch. I have both Iceman and AA at 5. No regrets there. Scarlet needs to be high up in sig levels to be great. GR doesn't
    Ghost Rider over the Mutants?
    Would you choose Iceman over ArchAngel?

• meoreanmeorean Posts: 57
    Because you have Blade, you should prioritize Ghost Rider. The synergy is awesome. I wouldn't use your generic awakening gem on him though, not really worth it imo.

Thank you @meorean
    But, am i missing something with Ghost Rider's synergy?... this just allows danger sense to be used vs. Villains also? In my limited experience so far... there seems to be a significantly larger population of Heroes than Villains in the game... and, Blade may not be the Go-To character vs. certain villains (ex. penalty vs. mutant villains may lead you to chose Stark Spidey over Blade)...

Is Danger Sense really THAT good? .. am I missing the importance of an aspect of Danger Sense? increased attack rating and a bonus Ability Accuracy rating ... doesn't the latter mean only that enemy villains would trigger effects less frequently (like bleed, poison, incinerate, armor, etc.)?

Would a 4-Star 5/50 or 4/40 Ghost Rider make Story and Labyrinth any easier?... Who would be my top 5?
    Blade, Spark, Hulk?, Ghost Rider + 1 (Archangel 4/40, Thor 4/40, Iceman unawakened 2/20)
  • meoreanmeorean Posts: 57
    Danger sense is very good. But the synergy also increases Ghost Riders chance to inflict his judgements to 100%.

Personally, I would also make getting your Iceman to at least 4/40 a second priority. He is my favorite champ for all situations at the moment.
    so maybe Ghost Rider 2-->4 + Iceman 2-->4 .... then which of the following should be the recipient of my final 2 alpha-1?... If I make ONE character 5/50 among the following:
    1. Dr. Voodoo (Sig 1)
    2. Magic (Sig 20)
    3. Scarlet Witch (sig 23)
    4. Ghost Rider ** unawakened
    5. Archangel (Sig 21)
    6. Iceman (sig 1)
    7. Thor (Sig 60)

Who would be most useful to pair with Spider-Man (SE), Blade, Hulk
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Lol ghost rider can get you through a lot of difficult parts of the game do not underestimate his utilities.
    Yes, but it is hard to grasp *which* Mystic to choose among the list above... and he's my only un-awakened mystic.
    I'm torn because resources are scarce... and I need a solid 4* team to carry me through (since I'll likely need to skip the 5* tier once 6*s are released)