**RESOLVED ISSUE WITH SIDE QUEST KEYS**
The game team has resolved this issue. Keys will be distributed via in-game messages and the quest timer will be extended.
More information and timeline here.
*This includes currently unclaimable keys as well*
**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

New Variant anytime soon?

With everything new happening in the game, it got me wondering why there isn't any new variants being released. Variants were fun and they still are but with the rewards bump for rest of the game modes, that quite hasn't happened to variants yet and it really doesn't motivate me to finish them. It would be great to see a new variant or rewards bump for the existing ones. Any updates on this?

Comments

• flapjaxflapjax Posts: 285 ★★★
    I mean isn't EQ just kinda like monthly variants?

They just seem like dead content at this point. I found some to be harder than TB EQ, lol, but the rewards were very mid.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 2,849 ★★★★★
    I can't find the message Kabam gave, but it said that there wouldn't be more variants as they are outdated and Kabam is focusing it's resources elsewhere like Carina's and other challenges/adventures/modes.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,320 ★★★★
    There‘s no reward update for old stuff like LoL, AoL or Variants. Nobody forces you to finish them tho.

Kabam is busy enough with all the new releases they‘re working on. Act 8.3 just got released and 8.4 is almost done, too (Beta start soon). Plus Necropolis and ParaGauntlet release.
  • I can't find the message Kabam gave, but it said that there wouldn't be more variants as they are outdated and Kabam is focusing it's resources elsewhere like Carina's and other challenges/adventures/modes.

I mean if they don't have resources to put towards new variants, wouldn't it be better to increase the rewards of current ones? It just doesn't sit right with the difficulty vs rewards aspect of these back issue variants. If anything it would be better for them to do something since more people will be engaged in playing the game and understanding the nodes better.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,320 ★★★★

I can't find the message Kabam gave, but it said that there wouldn't be more variants as they are outdated and Kabam is focusing it's resources elsewhere like Carina's and other challenges/adventures/modes.

I mean if they don't have resources to put towards new variants, wouldn't it be better to increase the rewards of current ones? It just doesn't sit right with the difficulty vs rewards aspect of these back issue variants. If anything it would be better for them to do something since more people will be engaged in playing the game and understanding the nodes better.
    They won‘t, you can almost Auto-Play the Variants with the right 6/7* Champs already, so the rewards are fine for the difficulty. They do not change past content like Variants or Special Missions (RoL, LoL, AoL, EoP).
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 514 ★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

They won‘t, you can almost Auto-Play the Variants with the right 6/7* Champs already, so the rewards are fine for the difficulty. They do not change past content like Variants or Special Missions (RoL, LoL, AoL, EoP).
    Waning Moon laughs at your 6/7* champs.

The nodes are sufficiently complex that I don't think that the auto-fight AI wouldn't even "almost" work. I think uncollected is the highest level, I can safely auto-fight with 6r4/5s and 7*s.

Cav is easier than many of the variant paths and the AI will take a beating and usually die.

Either way, variants are relevant for the 6-12 months after release and before the game economy moves on.
    Then it's for the completists... and the reward is ticking it off the list.

If they kept updating rewards, new players would just get a softer and softer entry into the game with a plethora of rewarding content for not much effort.