**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The collector: Strategy Discussion

Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
Okay so I just finished 5.2 and all I have to say is WOW. The collector is INSANELY hard. Would those people who have also beaten 5.2 already discuss their strategies? I spent almost 4 months worth of saved items on 5.2 and half of that was probably on the collector, and for only one run.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★
    DD sig 99 and Mabye mordos when hes blok long enuget
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Gamer wrote: »
    DD sig 99 and Mabye mordos when hes blok long enuget

DD is something I considered but unfortunately do not have. Mordo I have also heard but I'm yet to hear anyone say they actually DID it and it worked. I feel like he shoots of specials too fast for his block to work properly.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Mordo gets destroyed through his block. I used yellowjacket for about 140k health out of the 160k total.

I used about 20 revives or so.
    You only have enough health to survive one of collectors specials so I just built up to YJ first special, used it. And then hit him until collector used his special, I get knocked out but collector suffers power sting, which bypasses all armour. So I was getting pretty decent damage. Also collector never regenned for me, all my fights were too short lol
    Mordo gets destroyed through his block. I used yellowjacket for about 140k health out of the 160k total.

I used about 20 revives or so.
    You only have enough health to survive one of collectors specials so I just built up to YJ first special, used it. And then hit him until collector used his special, I get knocked out but collector suffers power sting, which bypasses all armour. So I was getting pretty decent damage. Also collector never regenned for me, all my fights were too short lol

I had basically the same strategy with Thor
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I power locked him with magik
    I was deali about 30k per fight or more
    Dealing*
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »

I brought a R5 magik but she kept getting killed by his unblockable L1 before I could get to her L2. How'd you get around that?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I brought a R5 magik but she kept getting killed by his unblockable L1 before I could get to her L2. How'd you get around that?
    When I did a couple rounds with magik one went ok, I managed to get to my L2 without him using any special. Then my power steal took most of his power. Then by my next special 2 he was on 0 power. But block damage killed me soon after.

When I did a couple rounds with magik one went ok, I managed to get to my L2 without him using any special. Then my power steal took most of his power. Then by my next special 2 he was on 0 power. But block damage killed me soon after.

I think my issue was not starting with her. I didn't start using her until he was all unblockable and crazy lol
    I dodged it once but he didn't use it right away most of the time. I healed up enough to survive it about every time
    I tried to intercept him which wasn't too difficult instead of blocking @BitterSteel
    It made the fight much easier
    I dodged it once but he didn't use it right away most of the time. I healed up enough to survive it about every time

You dodged the L1?? I didn't think it was possible, there are so many hits. Do you just have to evade the first part?
    I evaded the first part twice and the second part once. Second part was like yj I1
    I evaded the first part twice and the second part once. Second part was like yj I1

This is great to know, thanks man.
    I also got hit even though I evened the first hit of the first part. It requires very precise timing and a lot of practice which is hard to do lol
    Evaded
    I also got hit even though I evened the first hit of the first part. It requires very precise timing and a lot of practice which is hard to do lol

Oh I'm sure. I just immediately assumed it was impossible so I didn't even try lol
    I thought the same thing until I just swiped back and evaded it once on accident haha
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★
    Wait, is it really possible to evade his sp1?
    Guess i'll need to wait for a video about it ...
    Yeah, I did it once but couldn't do it the next 2 or 3 tries
    DD should be able to dodge all of it
    DD should be able to dodge all of it

I need to awaken mine. Been waiting so long for that day.
    Also mordo can block unblockable specials by holding block so he's a decent option
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Nightcrawler was my MVP against collector! used all 5 champs, then revived NC 3 times, to finnish him off. that aint too bad.

NC's deep wounds must've been useful with a decent crit team.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Just took him out. When I do it again I'm going to bring:
    - Full suicides
    - Champs who can keep him from ever getting L1 (hawkeye, visions)

Basically if he shoots a special after getting unblockable relic you're dead, so try to minimize that as much as you can. A high damage r4 5* with suicides will take chunks off him.
  • winniewinwinwinniewinwin Posts: 178
    Okay so I just finished 5.2 and all I have to say is WOW. The collector is INSANELY hard. Would those people who have also beaten 5.2 already discuss their strategies? I spent almost 4 months worth of saved items on 5.2 and half of that was probably on the collector, and for only one run.

Then it worked perfectly as intended. Sorry it was 4 freaking months worth, but that's how I assumed you beat him.Keep up that unit throwing....
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    I cannot see anyone able to beat the collector without using potions or in a single fight, he's crazy haha, truly a damn difficult boss!

Since the likelihood of you surviving anywhere more than Special 1 is deathly low, like what Hulksmashhh mentioned, might as well go full offense on him by using suicides.
  • I_ZERO_II_ZERO_I Posts: 104
    Vision. Didn't have to deal with any specials. Still died from screwing up though.