**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

22 Onslaught crystals and not 1 6star version, paragon?

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this. So far I’ve seen 3 videos of paragon players purchasing all these bundles of onslaught, to not get 1 6star let alone any 7stars of him or the co feat? I wonder since they gave the 6star free to valiant players, they nerfed paragon players from getting one. I’ve never in 5 years not gotten a 6star feat or co feat, especially being able to buy from the marvel store and in game store. Anyone else seeing this, and can kabam check on the drop rates or how many paragon players got a 6star onslaught?

Comments

• Options
    KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 312 ★★★
    22 crystals is not even remotely close to a representative sample size.
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 751 ★★★
    KoiBoy18 said:

There is no representation size according to kabam. Each has an equal drop rate and because of this actual percentages do not apply. You can literally open 1000 paragon crystals and not get a 5 star based on their logic/coding.
  • Options
    Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Elegion said:

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this. So far I’ve seen 3 videos of paragon players purchasing all these bundles of onslaught, to not get 1 6star let alone any 7stars of him or the co feat? I wonder since they gave the 6star free to valiant players, they nerfed paragon players from getting one. I’ve never in 5 years not gotten a 6star feat or co feat, especially being able to buy from the marvel store and in game store. Anyone else seeing this, and can kabam check on the drop rates or how many paragon players got a 6star onslaught?

I got 1 6* and 1 7*. Neither of them was onslaught but I also got a 5* onslaught. Looks like it works fine to me.

Don’t forget the drop rates for onslaught are minuscule (0.2% for 7* and 0.7% for a 6*), and the drop rate for 7* are also tiny.

If you’re going to buy these crystals, don’t go into it expecting to get the jackpot.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,992 ★★★★★
    What not knowing the definition of RNG does to a forum user
  • Options
    MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 847 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    actually pulled warlock 7* within 12 cristal so im not complaining. here lol
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    To be fair, we don’t know OP’s academic background, or even their age…

That being said: There is a combined 0.9% chance of getting a 6* or 7* version of Onslaught… Not even 1%. That means: ON AVERAGE, only 1 in every 111 crystals will drop a 6* or 7* Onslaught…

So 22 crystals is really not enough. Statistically speaking: There is only an 18% chance to get him as a 6* or 7* out of 22 crystals (1 - 0.991^22).

And still that’s only the statistics of it. Actual RNG can be much more painful (or much more rewarding!)
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

KoiBoy18 said:

There is no representation size according to kabam. Each has an equal drop rate and because of this actual percentages do not apply. You can literally open 1000 paragon crystals and not get a 5 star based on their logic/coding.
    It’s not down to “their” logic. It’s just RNG with a percentage chance for a specific outcome. Just like rolling dice…

The chance of rolling a 6 is only 16.7%… But out of 22 tries, there is a 98% chance that you’ll get a 6 at lease once (1-0.83^22)… All while each individual roll still has only a 16.7% chance…
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★

To be fair, we don’t know OP’s academic background, or even their age…

That being said: There is a combined 0.9% chance of getting a 6* or 7* version of Onslaught… Not even 1%. That means: ON AVERAGE, only 1 in every 111 crystals will drop a 6* or 7* Onslaught…

So 22 crystals is really not enough. Statistically speaking: There is only an 18% chance to get him as a 6* or 7* out of 22 crystals (1 - 0.991^22).

And still that’s only the statistics of it. Actual RNG can be much more painful (or much more rewarding!)

• Options
    Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 ★★
    edited December 2023
    To be fair RNG is a factor welcome to gachas