**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Necropolis Team Advice needed (Especially from the Kate users)

Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
So I bought the 1k EQ bundle, which has put revives in my stash, and now I'm feeling the pressure. Hence, I will be starting a necro run in the span of the next ten days. I need everyone's expertise to decide on a team that will optimise ease of use/item usage.

Bringing Kate (6r4 unascended) with Chavez(5r1) for synergy and either Wiccan(6r3) or Prof X(6r3) for the GM 1%

That leaves room for one mystic and one cosmic

Titania - Kate
Aarkus - (Mystic)
Omega Sent. - (Cosmic)
Air - Walker - Kate/(Mystic)
Britain - Kate
Wiccan - Kate
Psycho - Man - Kate
Guardian - (Cosmic)
Valk - Kate
Red Guardian - Kate
Cap Sam - Kate
Dragon Man - Kate
Cap IW - Kate
Nova - (Mystic(maybe Kate?))

Now, mystic options: Doom(unduped r3) and Abs Man(r3). Can take to r4. I see a lot of people using Doom. Main fights for the mystic champ would be Aarkus, possibly Air-Walker and Nova(not sure how well Kate works for him).

Cosmic primary options: Hercules(r5 ascended) and Gamora(7r1 sig 20). Other cosmics I have ranked up are Hulkling, Knull, Odin (all r4) and Adam Warlock at r3.

For the last spot, I think someone mentioned prof X can cheese the final phase due to special spam during mind control, so I was thinking him over Wiccan, unless someone thinks Wiccan can contribute to a path fight decently.

Anyone who has used one of the champs above for a fight with even relative success, feel free to share your thoughts.

If anyone has found a particular resource/guide/video detailing how to approach a particular fight with one of the above champs, do share.

If anyone who has done a run of necro has any general tips, let me know.

I'll link the write-up by Emilia and BItterSteel's video here for easy reference.

Will I get stuck due to lack of item prep? With non-zero probability. Does that stop me? Hell nah. If anything, it'll make me upset enough to take an actual break.

Comments

• Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,813 ★★★★★
    Few tips from my personal experience:
    - Kate can take nova fairly rasily if you know how to dex his specials
    - I personally used a r4 abs man for Aarkus and Air Walker, although doom may be safer cause of his power control. Kate can also do Air walker pretty easily but you need to get the tranquilize up fast.
    - I personally used Adam for my cosmic but mine is r5 ascended, so id probably recommend going Odin or Knull
    - Regarding the last phase if you have a Juggs he is probably the best option, if not id go Prof X if what you said was true. I did use Wiccan in one of my runs and he was solid enough.
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 1,022 ★★★★
    I soloed the airwalker super easily with kate on that same lane, just make sure to bring chavez for synergy if you can(or if kates only r4 like mine was). Start with tranq arrows, apply 2, then 3 fragile, then 3 coldsnap and he's in the bin.

I used herc for cosmic and he worked kind of alright, adam is the best option but I've seen a r2 7 star knull solo guardian before.

As for last phase, any reversed controls immune and it's a breeze
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,388 ★★★★★
    Doom against arkus is just slow
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,980 ★★★★★
    I’m debating Absorbing man over a cosmic for Guardian since he also is really good for nova and aarkus (kate slaps air walker).

Then again my Chavez is a rank 2 7 star, so if i did have a strong cosmic 7* I’d have brought them. Issue is my only 7* cosmics are gorr , angela, vtd, and gamora so I think absorbing man is still better.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,423 ★★★★★
    Kate can do nova well. I feel like she can take pretty much every fight on the path with ease other than Aarkus, Cap Britain, and Guardian. Osent is easy with Kate too if you set up tranquilize, just remember to not set up caltrops. You definitely need someone else for guardian cause Kate will take forever to take him down, especially at r4 unascended
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,642 ★★★★★
    Have done 4/6 paths now Kate and shuri really are carrying a whole lot. But for my last two paths will use Aegon cause the right side is not really shuri friendly and Kate can't do most of the fights without intense stress.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,993 ★★★★
    Went super well, and I highly recommend Bitter Steels Necro guide with kate it rlly helped. Some nights require tranquilize to be applied first. Stock up on health pots now, its way more important for you to have high health bar, so you last longer and wont have to repeat the ramp again. Good luck
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,006 Guardian
    edited December 2023
    Based on what MSD has told me, Kate can do 36 of the fights in necropolis. You might not have the best time, but Kate can beat every single person in Necropolis including guardian. I also don't know if guardian counters true accuracy, but while that is up, Kate can't be autoblocked. Makes her really solid vs Sam Wilson. I'm also pretty sure I used Kate to solo OS. If you have a Shuri, she is solid for quite a few fights like Cap Britain, Wiccan, dragon dude, and psychoman. If you level up and sig your 5* Chavez, she can cheese air walker if you die twice, it'll just take a hot minute. If you want to see it in action, it is here. Do note that Kate can easily solo air walker, this is just backup plan for if you fail. Don't forget to block air walkers last hit of his special to not get dark tide on yourself and knock him down a lot.

Also as mentioned earlier, Kate wrecks Nova, I'm pretty sure I soloed him 2 out of the 3 times I fought him. Corner him and he throws sp1s like no one's business. It is an easy enough dex and an easy punish for pausing your arrows.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Based on what MSD has told me, Kate can do 36 of the fights in necropolis. You might not have the best time, but Kate can beat every single person in Necropolis including guardian. I also don't know if guardian counters true accuracy, but while that is up, Kate can't be autoblocked. Makes her really solid vs Sam Wilson. I'm also pretty sure I used Kate to solo OS. If you have a Shuri, she is solid for quite a few fights like Cap Britain, Wiccan, dragon dude, and psychoman. If you level up and sig your 5* Chavez, she can cheese air walker if you die twice, it'll just take a hot minute. If you want to see it in action, it is here. Do note that Kate can easily solo air walker, this is just backup plan for if you fail. Don't forget to block air walkers last hit of his special to not get dark tide on yourself and knock him down a lot.

Also as mentioned earlier, Kate wrecks Nova, I'm pretty sure I soloed him 2 out of the 3 times I fought him. Corner him and he throws sp1s like no one's business. It is an easy enough dex and an easy punish for pausing your arrows.

R2 chavez unduped can still handle air walker? Thinking to use kate first then if i fail to use her.

Also how is Abs Man against Guardian?
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Pikolu said:

R2 chavez unduped can still handle air walker? Thinking to use kate first then if i fail to use her.

I never used abs man, but Kate can do that fight from what I've been told. I'm not sure if unduped Chavez can cheese air walker the same way as my sig 200 (because I'm not sure how the increased potency on the sig works) but r2 Chavez could still fight him fairly normally. You'll be knocking him down a lot and he won't be getting much power if you keep 2-4 negative dimensions open at all times. You'll also kill him probably a lot faster too because you'd be throwing sp1s and sp2s whereas I was spamming heavy that whole fight
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Pikolu said:

Chavez can definetly handle Air walker from what ive seen, although i managed to get a solo with my Kate so she also works well too. Abs man could probably do Guardian althougj i dont recommend it personally.
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 688 ★★★
    I’m using doom for a path right now and he’s painfully slow, I’m talking 15-20 minutes for a fight. I’d recommend abs man, he’s got good damage and you only need a 20% revive and he’s able to heal up easily. Abs man is also great on apoc path for the second half since the trap node gives him a free buff expiring to both give him power and pause his form.

For cosmic Adam warlock is great for omega sentinel and guardian, high sig really helps him heal up on sp2 which lets him stay alive alot longer. He takes some practice but he was very useful.

Definitely bring a reverse control immune champ.
    You need them for phase 4 but can also use them for phase 3, the degen won’t kill you, just brings you too low Hp, and I’d much rather fight at low Hp and avoid blocking than deal with reverse controls.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

I’m debating Absorbing man over a cosmic for Guardian since he also is really good for nova and aarkus (kate slaps air walker).

Then again my Chavez is a rank 2 7 star, so if i did have a strong cosmic 7* I’d have brought them. Issue is my only 7* cosmics are gorr , angela, vtd, and gamora so I think absorbing man is still better.

I don't think you need abs man if you have a 7* r2 Chavez
    Much better to just bring in someone who can take out the techs
  • Options

I’m using doom for a path right now and he’s painfully slow, I’m talking 15-20 minutes for a fight. I’d recommend abs man, he’s got good damage and you only need a 20% revive and he’s able to heal up easily. Abs man is also great on apoc path for the second half since the trap node gives him a free buff expiring to both give him power and pause his form.

For cosmic Adam warlock is great for omega sentinel and guardian, high sig really helps him heal up on sp2 which lets him stay alive alot longer. He takes some practice but he was very useful.

You need them for phase 4 but can also use them for phase 3, the degen won’t kill you, just brings you too low Hp, and I’d much rather fight at low Hp and avoid blocking than deal with reverse controls.

Any other substitute for Adam
    Mine's r2 and I don't really want to take him all the way to r4 just for 1 path

I have Hercules, Cgr, Knull as other options
  • Options

Out of those options Knull is probably the best choice
  • Options
    Crossy76Crossy76 Posts: 81
    on path 1 shuri was useless for me( r4 was too slow and boring) . i used kate most of the fights. odin was great for that guardian. kate can do everything if you know how to use her utilities and keep refreshing them. for GM last 1% is easy if you have any reverse immune champ but problem is phase 3 (reverse control phase) . if you are not good at reverse control you will face so hard time wounding him so heavy hitter (dont care tasks hit him hard ) type of champs is way to go.
  • Options
    Zuro said:

Yeah Knull works great till the last 30% for omega sentinel, then she goes armor break immune, but you could then finish with Kate
  • Options
    Zuro said:

Polygon said:

Pikolu said:

Chavez can definetly handle Air walker from what ive seen, although i managed to get a solo with my Kate so she also works well too. Abs man could probably do Guardian althougj i dont recommend it personally.
    Abs man does work on guardian. It’s not ideal but I used him and it only took a few revives, just stick to URU form (guardian has high energy resistance) and bait out sp1, while throwing your own unblockable sp1. Sp2 hurts a lot through block.
  • Options
    Zuro said:

What about Hulkling?
  • Options

Zuro said:

What about Hulkling?
    No idea but he might work, although Knull would probable be faster once he is ramped
  • Options
    I'm in a similar boat as @I_tell_no_tales_1 as I don't really have a good cosmic option for that Guardian.

That Knull is only an r3 sig 20.

@Zuro @ThePredator1001 @Pikolu Would that still better than an absorbing man?

Abs can be helpful for Nova and Aarkus as well IF I do bring him, but my r2 Chavez although unduped can still probably take them?

Assuming that Shuri does Psycho , Kate does OS, I see three possible options for my 5th slot

1) Knull r3 s20 (just for Guardian)
    2) Absorbing Man
    3) Suck it up and use Kate for Guardian and bring someone like Heimdall or Fury

• Options
    I soloed nova 2 out of 3 times with Kate. It is a very easy fight with her if you consistently bait his sp1. R2 Chavez puts in work against aarkus from what I hear. Bring whomever for your 5th slot, but Kate does most of the fights extremely well.
  • Options
    Polygon said:

I'm in a similar boat as @I_tell_no_tales_1 as I don't really have a good cosmic option for that Guardian.

Abs can be helpful for Nova and Aarkus as well IF I do bring him, but my r2 Chavez although unduped can still probably take them?

Assuming that Shuri does Psycho , Kate does OS, I see three possible options for my 5th slot

2) Absorbing Man

Id personally just bring in Heimdall or fury for the last spot since Kate can take guardian im pretty sure, plus Chavez can get through Aarkus just fine and Kate destroys nova if you can dex his specials
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Zuro said:

Polygon said:

2) Absorbing Man

Id personally just bring in Heimdall or fury for the last spot since Kate can take guardian im pretty sure, plus Chavez can get through Aarkus just fine and Kate destroys nova if you can dex his specials
    I just did a test run with heimdall on Titania and the indestructible hardly lasts at all, so it would only be for fights where they get an sp3.

I know its very helpful for Aegon, but for Kate/Shuri/Chavez how practical would it be , i.e would they even get to sp3 often?

I'm agreeing with you but trying to decide if Fury will benefit more. I’m leaning towards Fury
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Zuro said:

Polygon said:

2) Absorbing Man

I just did a test run with heimdall on Titania and the indestructible hardly lasts at all, so it would only be for fights where they get an sp3.

I know its very helpful for Aegon, but for Kate/Shuri/Chavez how practical would it be , i.e would they even get to sp3 often?

I'm agreeing with you but trying to decide if Fury will benefit more
    Heimdall can also help if you accidently get clipped by a special when rooted, although the damage boost from fury will probably help out way more
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Zuro said:

Polygon said:

2) Absorbing Man

I'm agreeing with you but trying to decide if Fury will benefit more. I’m leaning towards Fury
    I don't think indestructible is practical with Kate as with her you need to manage opponent's power constantly throughout the fight to keep your debuffs from expiring and also for most fights in the path it's usually game over after sp3

I am probably going to take my Adam to r4(smiles painfully after seeing the gold cost)

I wish I had wong tho
    He looks to be putting in some serious work in Necro for those who have him(looks at MSD and Normax)
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Thoughts and choices, thoughts and choices....

After some amount of research, youtube videos, and a lot of write-ups, I've made the following choices:

The mystic is going to be Abs Man, I'm just not sure whether I should take him to r4 for it because I don't love him as a champ, and he won't be doing more than aarkus + gm contribution

The rev control immune will be Wiccan, he gives some combat power rate and block proficiency to kate, and can also do some contribution against aarkus

As for the queen herself, I think I'll be able to take her to r5 soon. I'm just waiting on the last t6cc, which I'll be able to get from the calendar + next BG store reset. The only issue is, the revives start expiring three days after the BG store reset, so either I'll have to play it close starting with a r5 kate, or start with a r4, maybe do some fights and rank her when I can. It might be better resource wise to just start with the r5, let's see about this.

You might have noticed that I haven't mentioned the cosmic yet. That is precisely because Polygon's thread on the same topic has given me food for thought. Is it better to bring a cosmic to deal with guardian, or just get through with kate, but bring nick fury for a 20% damage boost on every single fight?

We all know the magic equation, More Damage = Shorter Fight = Less time to Die = Lesser Resources. The issue is that while it holds universally qualitatively, it's a bit more murky quantitatively. I don't have a data hoarding obsession like certain members of our community, so I don't know what the answer is quantitatively. But it might not matter.

Our friend Polygon has a seven-star Shuri, who, it seems, is a good GM option. I would be bringing r5 ascended Hercules not just for Guardian, but as someone to do consistent damage against Grandmaster. My other cosmic option for Guardian would be r4 Odin, but I think Herc is probably better for GM.

So, once again, let me know your thoughts on these two:

(i) Is it worth ranking abs-man to r4 for just aarkus + GM

(ii) Bring herc / Bring odin / Bring nick fury
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,554 ★★★★★
    I'm in the same boat as of you
    Kate and r5 doom
    Will doom work for grandmaster?
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 1,022 ★★★★

I'm in the same boat as of you
    Kate and r5 doom
    Will doom work for grandmaster?

Ehhh kind of but its pretty essiential you bring a reversed controls immune. I used r3 6 star Wiccan for only that fight and it was well worth it for a gm solo