**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please make it so rank downs don't expire!

Kabam, this is a bit unfair that rank downs expire, especially so quickly. The best players that have had the advantage of having r4/5 5* champions for quite some time get to adjust their roster so now they can have their best new heroes ranked up. But, the newer players who have been caution about who to r4 (and in my case have avoided doing so) don't get to take advantage of these tickets.

Why do these items have to expire? Why can't we have the same opportunities the top tier players had?

Please, let us keep these items without having them expire.

Comments

• Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    edited December 2017
    There's no reason to make it so they expire. We just want fair compensation.

@Grimmbear, I am glad everything worked out for you and your 5*s, but some of us are at different points in the game. I can make use of the 4* RDT, but I still would advocate for making them have no expiration date because I can imagine some people that are new to the game would want to take advantage of this as well when they start getting their first r5 4*. But, since it will expire in a week, they won't be able to use it.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Fair compensation for what? This isn't for compensate anything. They had 2 options: give tickets or don't give tickets. We shouldn't expect anything, so get the tickets is better than getting nothing.
    You just this "free item" to last longer than it should
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'm happy with all my 5* rank ups so I don't really need them but I know a lot of people who do so I'm happy that Kabam gave them even though it doesn't benefit me. Merry Christmas.
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    if this is a free item, it is a gift.
    gifts don't last a certain amount of time because they're not supposed to have an expiration date.
    it should not have an expiration date.

"here's a gift for you, use it soon or we'll take it away".

you know, there ARE times when getting nothing is better than getting something only to have it taken away right away.

This is a temporary gift, and its not the first or only one that is temporary.
    Is how they were designed to be. Use them now to correct something or don't use them if you don't have anything to do with them.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    edited December 2017
    That'd be way too beneficial for us, imagine having a RDT for a whole year with the new meta that kabam has where they bring champs with unbelievable abilities and high prestige. Imagine being able to rank down a 5* from r4 in like July and some op, god tier champ comes out and you luck out on the featured crystal and pull em...that's a champ you'll use less units with in quests. Too beneficial man.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    gifts don't last a certain amount of time because they're not supposed to have an expiration date.

you know, there ARE times when getting nothing is better than getting something only to have it taken away right away.

I gave my wife flower they listed a certain time frame..
    Chocolates
    Puppies
    Any food item
    Gift cards

Tons of gifts expire

I'm dying over a puppy that expires hahahaha! Not untrue. Just funny. Hahaha.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Why would you want to save it? Make smart decisions and you won’t ever want one. If you don’t have someone you want to rank down now why would you have one in the future unless you regret a decision
  • ShiiiiiiiiiDShiiiiiiiiiD Posts: 29
    I wish they would make them a purchase item instead of a gift. They could have included them with the bundles and made a ton of money off of them and got rid of the expiration on them.

I know I know they didn't have to give them to us but nobody asked for them for free either. I'm sure more than half of the players that play would have spent a few bucks on one of these holidays for a rank down ticket.
    That'd be way too beneficial for us, imagine having a RDT for a whole year with the new meta that kabam has where they bring champs with unbelievable abilities and high prestige. Imagine being able to rank down a 5* from r4 in like July and some op, god tier champ comes out and you luck out on the featured crystal and pull em...that's a champ you'll use less units with in quests. Too beneficial man.

What are you talking about? That's my exact complaint. All the top tier players with r4/r5 champions have that ability for the next 8 days. They've been playing for years and now can rank down their least favorite 5* and rank up their new favorite one.

If they are going to give a gift, it should be equally useful to everyone. This just enables top 1% to further perfect their teams in the next 8 days while others don't get any meaningful benefit. The bottom 99% don't know what meta chars they will be receiving in the coming months, and they should have every right to do what the top tier players are doing when they get their next meta pull.

It's only fair to not have them expire. If they gave these out once or twice a year, this wouldn't be an issue, but odds are we will never see these again.
    edited December 2017
    Let me give my concrete example so it makes more sense. I currently have 4 decent 5* that are potentially r4-able: GP, Magik, AA, and Iceman, all of which are unduped. If I r4 gwenpool like I had planned and end up duping AA and pulling a blade in a few months, that really will suck since I won't have the resources to r5 any of them. However, I need to r4 someone so I can get through 5.4, and GP is not my personal preference. I don't want to waste the mats on her but I need to have some r4 champ. Sadly, I won't have RDT to take advantage being able to downgrade the champ I was forced to upgrade in the meantime to get thru the content.

Now, let's compare it to this example from another thread. Here is the link to see how many people are doing the same thing: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/40660/lost-my-tier-5-basics-due-to-rank-downs#latest

RMP322 wrote:
    "Had an R5 5 Star Lord and Just finished Labyrinth 100% Yesterday and to my surprise i lucked out and we got Rank Down Tickets today. So I decided I don't need SL anymore. I Ranked him down and got NO Catalysts Including my 2 Tier 5 basics Back! ARE YOU SERIOUS KABAM. NO where does it say its not for Rank 5! I sent in a Ticket and I better get them back! "
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »

I gave my wife flower they listed a certain time frame..
    Chocolates
    Puppies
    Any food item
    Gift cards

Tons of gifts expire

Funny thing is that all of them last longer than the expiration on the RDTs...
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★

Do you use this same logic on the xp/gold boost we got?
  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Why would you want to save it? Make smart decisions and you won’t ever want one. If you don’t have someone you want to rank down now why would you have one in the future unless you regret a decision

Because everyone that finished 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4 have a very big advantage over anyone that didn't get those rewards yet!! You can use the rank up gem (reward 5.2 5.3 5.4 and act 5)and then use a RDT to get back those cats and upgrade any champ you want!!! Game changer for those who finished act 5 at %100. I should be able to have the same advantage as everyone else that finished act 5 and that will greatly benefit from RDT!

WhatRYou wrote: »

Because everyone that finished 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4 have a very big advantage over anyone that didn't get those rewards yet!! You can use the rank up gem (reward 5.2 5.3 5.4 and act 5)and then use a RDT to get back those cats and upgrade any champ you want!!! Game changer for those who finished act 5 at %100. I should be able to have the same advantage as everyone else that finished act 5 and that will greatly benefit from RDT!

If that's the case then anyone can complete act 5 100% in the next few days

If that's the case then anyone can complete act 5 100% in the next few days

True that, imagine the community trying to finish act 5 in the next few days just to fully take advantage of this!! Biggest Legend run ever!! I never regretted upgrading a champ, however, I did upgrade a few champs just because of expiring resources!! a RDT fixes that pretty well!!!!!!!
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    kabam should remove the expiration date.. many players that have beaten act 5 are using their rank up gems on whatever champ then using the rank down ticket to get tier 2 alphas back to use on whatever champ they want. which I don't agree with.. (ive 100% all of act 5 by the way)
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I finished act 5 and finishing it didn’t affect my RDT choices. I took drax down for sl. Would have done it whether or not I didn’t finish act 5 first. The top tier players are there ones that test champs and figure out the prestige anyway. Them doing that helps the lower players learn who is best to use resources on. They get to learn from top player mistakes like the rank 4 carnages
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited December 2017

Great. Exploits like these are what made bringing RDT's back such a bad idea. And for reasons like these, I'm sure Kabam will never bring back RDT's again when I may actually have use for them lol. I've always been careful in whom I've ranked up and have no need for RDT's at the moment as I believed Kabam when they said RDT's weren't coming unless there was a specific champion nerf.

Just like I believed them when they said 4* Punisher was not going to be a basic champ in the 4* arena. Fooled me twice, shame on me.
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    Nothing is ever good enough.
    Addyos wrote: »

Great. Exploits like these are what made bringing RDT's back such a bad idea. And for reasons like these, I'm sure Kabam will never bring back RDT's again when I may actually have use for them lol. I've always been careful in whom I've ranked up and have no need for RDT's at the moment as I believed Kabam when they said RDT's weren't coming unless there was a specific champion nerf.

Just like I believed them when they said 4* Punisher was not going to be a basic champ in the 4* arena. Fooled me twice, shame on me.

There is no flaw in this RDT and Rank Up Tickets! They are as raw as they can be! Exploit in a flawless system is crazy talk!!! Kabam said they were never going to bring back RDT unless there was a nerf and here we are, RDT and no nerf!! I was really hoping to never see RDTs but I will try to use them as best as I can!!!

@Mana_Pot agreed!!!!!!
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    The only thing I find Rank down tickets helpful for is 4* you have maxed that you also have as a 5*. Better to take the items from 4* to make 5* stronger.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    People don't want them to expire, just so they can r5 a SL, 100% LOL and then down rank him in their own time haha.

If you don't want to use it on any current champs just don't use them.
    edited December 2017
    Mana_Pot wrote: »
    Nothing is ever good enough.

Dude, I love the idea that they gave these out. I don't even care if they charged money or units for them, and I don't care there is a penalty on gold / ISO on them to deter some people from using it for taking advantage of level up events. But, when a gift given to the community as a whole is not equal, there will be complaints.

Imagine if they gave out awakening gems (or rank up tickets, doesn't matter for example), a 5-star generic awakening gem, 4-star generic awakening gem, and 3 star generic awakening gem, but they expired in two weeks. The top 1% with huge rosters have the most to gain while the bottom have the least to gain. That is exactly the same principle here.

There is no reason to make these expire. It gives specific elite players even more unfair advantages over the rest of the community, as seen above in the examples listed. And, no, most of us can't complete A5.4 really quick with so much else going on right now. People that benefit greatly from this will say that we are "complaining" while the rest of us just want to have the same opportunity those players had for when we make mistakes ranking up when we get there.

@Kabam Miike, I apologize to call you out specifically, but can you guys please reconsider removing the expiration from the Rank Down Tickets? If that isn't possible, could you guys consider at least extending the expiration date to 3-6 months from issuance once players that received them have time to assemble a team during this push to move to 5*?
    People don't want them to expire, just so they can r5 a SL, 100% LOL and then down rank him in their own time haha.

If you don't want to use it on any current champs just don't use them.

Sure, if they wanted to use that for SL, why not? Other people are doing just that right now. That's a huge advantage!

Or, they would have the freedom to rank up someone that isn't preferred now as they are building their 5* roster to deal with the increasingly difficult content and then rank that char down once they assemble a better team.

This would be equal opportunity for all players this way.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    It has to do with the nature and function of the Tickets. They're meant to be used on Champs we've already Ranked, to help us prepare for the upcoming year, as per the Email. The idea is not to hold on to them until we want to trade up to a newer Champ that is released. These are very different from other Resources in the game, Gems for example. People can Rank whoever they want, whenever they want. Taking down Champs we already Ranked is a rare occurrence. The argument doesn't stand either way because they're not for future decisions we want to change. They're for Champs we already Ranked and want to take down.
    I don't think you understand the argument. We don't have control over who we pull when people first start getting 5* teams built up. You have to settle on worse champs rather than the blade or stark you want. While the top players who havent finished LOL get to exploit these RDTs to R5 SL to beat LOL easily and rank him back down, those of us just getting our 5*s out of a huge pool have very little choice on who to rank up. Then there are the other top playerse who got to use a 5* they may not have preferred for years because that's all they were able to pull, and now, they get to undo that.

The content is harder now and we need 5*s to beat it, so we HAVE to rank someone up we dont prefer. Plus prestige is ever climbing and the pool has more bad champs than ever. It's way harder to get a dupe, so we have an even smaller probability of pulling a desired champ. We will be stuck with whoever we rank up and we will not get to "test drive" someone like the top players did or simply use the tickets to exploit LOL and make it easier.

You have to look at it from other people's perspective. Example, 12.0 gets announced saying SW, DS, etc. getting nerfed...the people who have them are crying about it and the people who don't say "deal with it." This is that exact same situation. Look at this from perspective of those who are not the top players who have to go thru everything that they did and do not get to take advantage of this. If RDTs are issued yearly, I'd shut my mouth right now. But, if this is what I suspect to be the "here's your RDTs to stop you top players from complaining" resolution, then that really sucks for us up and comers.

I am just trying to be fair here guys. It impacts me and a lot of other people who have to sit on their heroes now until they get the perfect got tier 5* dupe that they know they can safely upgrade.
This discussion has been closed.