**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

RDTs?! Whaaat

2»

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I don't really need the RDTs but they were absolutely huge for some people in my alliance so I'm happy they did this.
  • MasuzaraMasuzara Posts: 20
    Masuzara wrote: »
    @LocoMotives
    You were whether you see it or not. You questioned my understanding of the game economy and stated im not paying attention.

If you cannot read and understand the bare bones facts that are no more asinine than your assumption that your opinion is all that matters, then I can't help you.

My posts have nothing to do with what is "stored", gold, iso, cats or otherwise. That is where your logic is flawed.

I question your understanding of the game based off of your statements. My opinion is FAR from all that matters. Your posts make it seem like the hundreds (maybe thousands?) of dollars in catalysts that one can reclaim from the rank down tickets are worth nothing when one would need to spend the equivalent of tens of dollars in iso and gold in order to make the corresponding rank up.

And for comparison, the rank-up gems given in game now only rank up and do not level the champ for you either. The value is similar, but the rank downs allow for a correction of a less than optimal choice made previously. If you would spit on the monetary and in-game value that these items hold, then I can’t help you 😀

My understanding!? You aren't reading my posts my friend. You are putting words in my mouth that I never said. You are also putting a physical monetary value (i.e. dollars) into this discussion that I have never brought up.

Reread my posts.
    1. I never said the cats are worth nothing. I said they are part of the equation when ranking up. Iso and gold are also part of that equation. Thus when ranking down you should get everything you put into the original ranking. Time is spent grinding for cats, gold and iso. Not sure where you saw "dollars" in any of my posts regarding the value aspect.
    3. I never said a thing about spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on catalyts.... you do realize you don't have to spend a dime on the game Right? You can earn catalysts the same way as gold and iso.

The problem here I think is that you've overestimated the value of the catalysts in the ranking equation and misplaced the context of money in my posts about ranking.

Let me reiterate for clarity.

1. Gold is needed for ranking
    2. iso is needed for ranking
    3. catalysts are needed for ranking.
    4. Dollars are NOT needed for ranking.

My point is simply this, I used my earned gold,iso and catalysts to rank a toon.
    The rank down tickets only gives you back the catalysts.
    This means the cost of the gold and iso from the original ranking are lost and must be accrued again.

That's it. End of point.

Catalysts hold no more value in that equation than the other 2. You cannot rank up a toon without all three.

Grinding wise, yes gold and iso are easier to come by but that doesn't make them any less a part of the equation than catalysts. You cannot rank without all three.

See?

Dollars are a moot point in the diiscussion.

Again your logic is flawed and you have not read and comprehended my points.

We can also agree to disagree as well. I understand what you are saying but it's not at all related to what I'm saying.

Again, grateful for the chance to redirect to a better toon but I still believe we should get back everything we put into the rank we are removing.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    "A Special Gift",....one that was given on Christmas Day. Technically, to show appreciation and to help us prepare for 2018. Nothing mentioned about people quitting or bugs.

Thanks, captain obvious. All you do is point the obvious, the message says it's a gift, nothing about bugs or people quitting is mentioned, we know that.

They are tired of the RDT threads, why would they let this trend keep going when it floods the forums and support? We don't give a **** about your 20+ years as a gamer, it doesn't mean you're right in every single thing. They brought the RDT, just take the L for once, feel the feeling being wrong without lying to your self.

This definitely won’t stop RDT threads. They gave them out for “no reason”, people will be begging all the time and now there’s no argument that they won’t issue them again for any reason at all. This is Pandora’s Box for RDTs.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    I am actually very happy about the rank down tickets even if they didn't give the ISO and gold back. Why? Because the T4CCs and T4BCs are much harder to get than ISOs and GOLD, which you can get by questing and doing arena.

I find it amusing that there are actually people who complain about such an awesome gesture. Would you have rather waited it out to get those T4CCs and T4BCs than not getting those rank down tickets? Sheesh!!!
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    Dude compared to last year this is a joke. All you can be greatful if you want I'm not. And all you "greatful" people sure seem to spit venom on all of us who think it's a bum deal. Stop arguing with people. What're you on kabams payroll??
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    I was happy to get them just trying to think of who to use them on.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    The amount of salt in this thread is amazing
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    i'd rather have rankup tickets instead

That'd be extra op lol
  • I really love the reactions of the oversmart ones,who were against the RD tickets:)
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Thanks kabam, was able to rank down a 4* mutant and r4 my first 5* x23! Great holiday gift!

And people complaining about not getting iso and gold back need their heads checked.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    tutyimutyi wrote: »
    I really love the reactions of the oversmart ones,who were against the RD tickets:)

I love watching people rage if someone doesn’t agree with them
  • MasuzaraMasuzara Posts: 20
    Masuzara wrote: »
    @LocoMotives

Again, grateful for the chance to redirect to a better toon but I still believe we should get back everything we put into the rank we are removing.

well we dont, so suck it up

Move onto your next complaint ffs

Hahaha. That was amazing. I love trolls.

• Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    It's basically a double edged sword, i don't know why these dont reimburse all for resources wasted to to rank said champion up. It's a big waste even though it's thoughtful

The reason. One word. KABAM!!!
  • BaironDHBaironDH Posts: 109
    This Dave guy is always trolling & causing issues, its actually quite sad, just ignore him like I do lol he can quote me or call me out, I dont even read what he posts when I see his name lol its not worth my time.

Dunno how a post that was just saying 'Hey, thanks Kabam, I appreciate it' got so out there, they need to allow us to shut down our own posts.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    BaironDH wrote: »
    This Dave guy is always trolling & causing issues, its actually quite sad, just ignore him like I do lol he can quote me or call me out, I dont even read what he posts when I see his name lol its not worth my time.

Dunno how a post that was just saying 'Hey, thanks Kabam, I appreciate it' got so out there, they need to allow us to shut down our own posts.

Lol he's shut now, though my comment will probably bring em back.