**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Please save next Christmas

WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 240 ★★★
Honestly, this year's Banquet event is trash.

For high end TB, Paragon and Valiant there is literally 4 good milestones and thats it.

The crystals themselves are terrible, 4k 6* shards? T3a, t5b? Like come on who needs any of this? The 7* shards should be in the thousands and there should be so many more r5/r2 mats.

The milestones are just as bad, apart from the one t6cc selector, tier 2 dust and the 7* crystals the rest is basically useless.

And this calendar, bro, no 7* shards? Not even a full 6* crystal? Jesus Kabam jow stingy can you be? 🤦‍♂️

Please just make this progression based for next year because this is a flop

Comments

• Options
    J4mmy_d0dger123J4mmy_d0dger123 Posts: 288 ★★

Should’ve gauged your expectation!
  • Options
    ShuGokisShuGokis Posts: 410 ★★★
    I agree it wasn't the best but like they said on stream it was made with the intention of people going "I will do the necropolis over the banquet event"

I only went for the Solo and Alliance milestones this year and I am glad I did it gives me a chance to focus on other content and start saving up my unit stash again.
  • Options
    EscornaboiEscornaboi Posts: 2,448 ★★★
    I have been a Thronebreaker player for two years. But I'm too lazy to go any further, I admit. Two of the lowest level players in my alliance have opened half as many crystals as me, but one has opened a 7* Adam Warlock and another has opened a 7* Dragon Moon. From what I see on the alliance screen, a lot of 6* Hercules and Weapon-X have come too. I have barely gotten 2500 7* fragments, but I am very satisfied with all the resources I have obtained thanks to the 3300 units I had saved for the Banquet. I've gotten about 12 6* characters (several of them on selectors), I've doubled my 6* Aegon, I've taken a couple of my favorite characters to 6r3...

I know that right now we have already reached about 90% of the maximum (and only) milestones that my alliance will achieve, but I am very satisfied. I don't see how I could have put my 3,300 runes, which I started farming in the last month and a half, to better use.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    ShuGokis said:

I agree it wasn't the best but like they said on stream it was made with the intention of people going "I will do the necropolis over the banquet event"

It would have been more accurate to say people will choose to explore Act 7 over the banquet event.

To the OP, unless they really sell it, I don’t think anyone is going to trust this event again. It’s one thing for the milestones, rank rewards, etc to be “mid”… it’s another for them to be 12 months outdated
  • Options
    WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 240 ★★★
    ShuGokis said:

I only went for the Solo and Alliance milestones this year and I am glad I did it gives me a chance to focus on other content and start saving up my unit stash again.

Honestly, I get that and I love that Necro offers better rewards but there's better and then there's this 🤣 I'm all for r3 options in Necro and zero in GBC but I've opened 50 odd crystals and I haven't got enough resources to rank any champ past r3... can't even take up a r4 💀💀💀

They also can't really say necro is better and then give rank 1 more rewards ever seen in game including that titan nexus crystal...
  • Options
    Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 304 ★★
    i bet the 4th of july deals really hurt the game and kabam know it. that's why they scare of making good deals on cyber week and this banquet. they need to keep ftp and whale gap in control.
    pretty sure many lost their interested in BGs after 4th of july , included me
  • Options
    ShuGokisShuGokis Posts: 410 ★★★
    edited December 2023

ShuGokis said:

Honestly, I get that and I love that Necro offers better rewards but there's better and then there's this 🤣 I'm all for r3 options in Necro and zero in GBC but I've opened 50 odd crystals and I haven't got enough resources to rank any champ past r3... can't even take up a r4 💀💀💀

They also can't really say necro is better and then give rank 1 more rewards ever seen in game including that titan nexus crystal...
    I wouldn't really compare Necro rewards to rank 1 banquet rewards when its completely different.

One is rewarsd you can get at any time when you become paragon that never change the other is a reward that only 1 person can get that is most likely going to cost thousands to aquire.. From what I saw unless I missed it they didn't exactly say necro is better than banquet they made the event with the mindset of players going "i would rather do necro than banquet" so realistically they achieved their goal here.

If someone spends well over 10k maybe more on this event for the ranked rewards then they deserve it. Just collect the solo and alliance milestones and call it quits on the banquet event. No matter what if you put the effort in you will get 2 7 Stars from both milestones.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★

i bet the 4th of july deals really hurt the game and kabam know it. that's why they scare of making good deals on cyber week and this banquet. they need to keep ftp and whale gap in control.
    pretty sure many lost their interested in BGs after 4th of july , included me

So you do that by… nerfing the best unit event in the game? There could have been Plenty of opportunities to allow top end players to expand their rosters with r2 and R5 rank ups while allowing those on the other end of the gap to benefit from a few of those as well …. All without touching R3 stuff.

Instead - your unit value last year compared to your unit value this year in this same event is substantially lessened. If anything this event further cements the July 4th gap.
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 751 ★★★
    I feel like part of this is they don’t want free to play to catch up. The longer the whales stay out ahead, the more likely they are to spend on anything that gets them the next meta. If free to play can catch up quick, it discourages whales to spend as they will get the free to play rewards as well. That’s why only decent rewards for Paragon/Valient players are very hard locked behind the absolute highest paywall in game for this event. They could have at least thrown some T4 alpha in milestones since Kabam always says they all about trying to get players to progress to the next level.
  • Options
    Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 ★★
    I disagree the crystals are fine especially for progressing players TB can make great use of the contents to be sure if you think they can’t you must grossly overestimate a TB roster. Players trying to expand and further diversify their roster aka rank up more champs benefit from this as well. I like being able to rank up most of my champs at least to mid rank level which the resources are great gold is actually an account boon for non hardcore grinders too.