**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5 star psylocke, what to do with it?

Cannot seem to place her anywhere, whether it is AW defense or offense or AQ or story quest.
Is there any value, or should I just leave her taking dust on the shelves?

Comments

• PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I got her the other week, she looks cool but doesn’t do anything other champs can’t do better. Sadly she’s arena fodder for me.
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    She's awesome for power control. You have to learn how to use her and spam her SP1 on opponents, and she'll keep them from using their SP1 most of the time. Just takes a little practice.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Cannot seem to place her anywhere, whether it is AW defense or offense or AQ or story quest.
    Is there any value, or should I just leave her taking dust on the shelves?

use her for moar arena points
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    I have one...some players suggest she’s the top power control champ with her Sp1, but I find Vision and Magik easier to use. Not terrible, but I already had a slew of middling 5* champs.

Dr. Zola
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    I actually have her as a 5* Awakened and sitting at 3/45, best decision I ever made. Of course I also have 5* Magik and 4* Vision. Power control champs are great but what Psylocke does is guarantee that your opponent won't even generate power so long as you bring them down to 0 power meter and don't get hit. When she builds up her psi charges, her heavy attack become brutal. Again, in the right situations you can use her a lot. I've used her in AQ, AW attack and through normal questing. i really like her a lot. There are some great vids on YT as well that show off her capability if you're interested.
  • Time4ASpankingTime4ASpanking Posts: 199
    She has great power control if you can use her right. If you let her psy charges build up, you can unleash a strong energy with your heavy attack. Only catch is you don't want to get hit when using her because it will give the enemy power.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    get them to 0 power and they will never gain power, on top of that she does a ton of energy damage if you can rack up the combo meter, also decent crit chance
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Mine stays at rank 1. She won’t be going much higher.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    This will sound mean but she's a skilled players champion for sure. If you're not a great fighter she's hard to use.

However in the right hands she's the only champ in the game who can keep them locked the entire duration of the fight. On top of that she reduces ability accuracy while they're locked and her crits are insane. Build up the psy charges and blow a heavy and she does crazy damage.

A lot of people will say "but mystic dispersion they can still gain power", while true, it's not a whole lot and that's fairly situational.

Magik has great power control of course but even she can fail at times - like when your MD kicks in and she zaps up to L3. Now you're screwed.

When it comes to power control I reach for psylocke first, then Magik.
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    This will sound mean but she's a skilled players champion for sure. If you're not a great fighter she's hard to use.

However in the right hands she's the only champ in the game who can keep them locked the entire duration of the fight. On top of that she reduces ability accuracy while they're locked and her crits are insane. Build up the psy charges and blow a heavy and she does crazy damage.

A lot of people will say "but mystic dispersion they can still gain power", while true, it's not a whole lot and that's fairly situational.

Magik has great power control of course but even she can fail at times - like when your MD kicks in and she zaps up to L3. Now you're screwed.

When it comes to power control I reach for psylocke first, then Magik.

This ^
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Psylocke is a very good in many circumstances, I would not recommend her for AW offense because she is very difficult to play around passive power gain like MD but for every other type of content she is pretty great and if you are very good at intercepting she can become near godly. When you get the opponent to 0 power you can chain intercept for the entire fight and the opponent has no chance to do anything. Becuase of this intercept heavy gameplay she is very fasted paced and even though her damage isn't that great it feels like more than it is because she ends fights quicker since there is no need to bait specials or even block or parry.
  • We have decided to move this thread to a more appropriate section of the forums. Thank you!
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Just taken her to r5 and she’s really good. Agree with what @roastedbagel said and here’s something I wrote a while back, no regrets on the r5 at All. In addition to what I mentioned in the pic, her sig also reduces defensive ability accuracy when her opponent has 0 power and increases critical damage. Useful against evaders and such. phh6sa62l3ah.jpeg

Can be a bit complicated but when you get used to how she works she’s both really fun to use and incredibly effective. Definitely one of the very best power control champs available.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Just pulled her 30 minutes ago. Glad I read this thread. Some good information here. She will probably sit on the shelf but I do love power control champs so we will see
  • SjanddsSjandds Posts: 117
    I hv 5* r3 psylocke and she nailed at power control just make you opponent in no power gain state and then the whole fight is yours plus after 40-50 psi charge use heavy 40k damage
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    Also, if you have AA then the power gain is nice. I run her with a team that includes my 5 and 4 star AA's.