**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting milestones don't make sense

EdwardEdward Posts: 27
edited December 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
Why is it that the minimum requirements for the alliance gifting milestones are so high?
To reach the final milestone as an alliance you only need 350,000 points or 11,666.667 per person yet the individual minimum is 21,000 which equals 630,000 points or 280,000 more than the minimum.

can we please get some transparency on this please.

Comments

• GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    $$$
  • EdwardEdward Posts: 27
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    $$$

I want to hear this from a Mod not from people. And I’m not just gonna go away I’ll keep this thread alive until they respond

• Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Edward wrote: »
    Why is it that the minimum requirements for the alliance gifting milestones are so high?
    To reach the final milestone as an alliance you only need 350,000 points or 11,666.667 per person yet the individual minimum is 21,000 which equals 630,000 points or 280,000 more than the minimum.

can we please get some transparency on this please.

The individual event and the Ally event arent linked mate. You have to hot the milestones on both. If you go over on the ally one because you want to hit the individual one thats just what happens. They arent linked so if you hit the ally one it means you also hit the individual one as well

Thats just the way it set up, so people not in allys can benefit from gifting as well

Plus what can the mods say or do? They will direct you to the announcement and what the milestones are for each case, that's it. They cant change it at all
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    He wasn't talking about the individual gifting event. The alliance gifting event is setup so that every member can put up equal numbers, reach the cutoff for the last milestones as an alliance and no one would get any of them. It's clearly not right.
    JRock808 wrote: »
    He wasn't talking about the individual gifting event. The alliance gifting event is setup so that every member can put up equal numbers, reach the cutoff for the last milestones as an alliance and no one would get any of them. It's clearly not right.

exactly doesnt make sense. its just simple math
    edited December 2017
    Basically, you have to make decisions. Is the T4c in the milestones your alliance reached worth what you would need to spend to get it? In my case, it’s another 1300ish units worth of stuff

The milestones are high to encourage “gifting” in this season of selflessness—doesn’t everyone see that?;)

Plus to help allys with less than 30 members as well

You have to gift more after you reach the milestones, cant you see that? You dont have to stop at all, the ally can get to the final milestone. Mine has already

You have to gift more after you reach the milestones, cant you see that? You dont have to stop at all, the ally can get to the final milestone. Mine has already

The problem is that you can have an alliance reach the final milestone and nobody be able to claim it because the individual milestones are to high
    @Edward But we claimed it?

Can you screenshot please mate, maybe you are seeing something different than me?
    Basically, you have to make decisions. Is the T4c in the milestones your alliance reached worth what you would need to spend to get it? In my case, it’s another 1300ish units worth of stuff

The milestones are high to encourage “gifting” in this season of selflessness—doesn’t everyone see that?;)

how does this helps smaller alliances to make the milestones higher

Iit does make sense to me they aren't "milestone divided by 30" for the individual. By not dividing them between 30 members it doesn't put alliances that don't have 30 members at a disadvantage.
    d
    @Edward But we claimed it?

Can you screenshot please mate, maybe you are seeing something different than me?

the Final milestone for alliance gifting is 350,000 points
    if all 30 members contribute 12,000 points they will have reached the final milestone but they would all be unable to claim since they dont have the 21,000 minimum. how does that make sense.

Iit does make sense to me they aren't "milestone divided by 30" for the individual. By not dividing them between 30 members it doesn't put alliances that don't have 30 members at a disadvantage.

it makes it even harder are you even listening to yourself or just being a troll
    Kabam, what is the reason behind this? The silence has gone on long enough,
    Kabam, what is the reason behind this? The silence has gone on long enough,

Mate, the reason is, you have to all decide to spend more units to get the rewards. It really is that simple. There is no mistake at all. Most allys will say no, so they lose a few rewards. If you choose yes then you get the rewards

I really dont see what the mods can say or do on this, it is simple to understand?
    Kabam, the community is still wondering and waiting for a comment.
    Kabam, the community is still wondering and waiting for a comment.

Mate you keep bumping this, and asking the same thing over and over. When it has been explained to you many times already. I really dont see what you think the mods, or anyone else, will say that is different? Thats the points needed for the milestones, either achieve them or dont, simple as that
    edited December 2017
    You are not Kabam, your answer means less than nothing,

Kabam, please comment on this issue. Thanks!
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★

Your constant bumping because you are too stupid to read the announcement actually means less mate

Look up "forum". Means people can disagree with you and post that they do. If you dont like that, leave the forums

Keep bumping away, wont change a thing. Maybe you get a reply, probably not. Either way they wont change it because you want them too lol

By the way, the 3 people on this thread moaning as usual, doesn't actually equal "the community" lol

You're really going out of your way to be rude and unhelpful. He's asking why they made the rules the way they are, and your only reply is "Because...that's why!"
    Leave him alone and let a mod answer him. If you really think he's wasting his time, then why waste yours engaging him? He has a valid question. If you're having a party and tell 20 people the cost of the part is 100, but you expect them all to bring $10, then they have a valid question if they ask why they have to pay double the cost of the event just to attend. Both the party host and kabam really only have one answer - being greedy.
    I like that's he's calling them out on this, and they are ignoring it, because it will show people that are considering spending for this event how unfair it really is for them. You're telling him to stop posting for no good reason. Hopefully you can see that and you aren't another one of these unofficial mods that just come to troll people with valid concerns until they don't bother posting here anymore.

Your constant bumping because you are too stupid to read the announcement actually means less mate

Look up "forum". Means people can disagree with you and post that they do. If you dont like that, leave the forums

Keep bumping away, wont change a thing. Maybe you get a reply, probably not. Either way they wont change it because you want them too lol

By the way, the 3 people on this thread moaning as usual, doesn't actually equal "the community" lol

Now i know that you're just trolling and have nothing else to do. If you could be so kind as to ignore my post i would greatly appreciate it. The only people i want to respond to this are either mods that would answer my question or someone else with positive feed back not another troll like yourself.
    edited December 2017
    @Kabam Miike, please respond
  • IcehawklbIcehawklb Posts: 180
    Seriously guys. We'd like an answer to this. This is quite simply a BS shadow game you're playing with rewards. The math is very even if you guys want every player of the alliance to contribute equally the mark should be 11,667 points not 21,000. 11,667 is 350K. 21,000 is just another KaScam.
    Any chance we can get a response from a mod please
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Pertinax
    @Ad0ra_
    @Kabam Loto
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Edward getting banned in 5, 4, 3, 2....
    Dude there was another thread on this same subject matter, which you already commented on. Don't expect a moderator to answer if you keep calling them out every 5 minutes. It's against the forum rules to do so anyway. Pretty sure the mods won't label this constructive feedback lol.

Of course the individual milestones are way too high to reach the alliance milestones. Of course a mod isn't going to respond, because Kabam has designed the gifting event to be a total cash grab and they can't officially say that. But it is a cash grab because some of the items are supposed to be pretty rare, like t2a fragments and t4cc to a lesser extent.

Players can either choose to stump out the cash to reach those last few precious milestones, or they don't. It's not totally fair and I personally don't like it, but I also understand Kabam wanting to keep a high benchmark for the last few milestones as the items gained are still rare commodities (and wring out a few extra bucks from the playing community in the process as they are wont to do).

We can voice out complaints and hope Kabam rectifies it next year if not this year, but do so in conformance with the rules set here.

edited December 2017
    It's clear at this point that Kabam does not care one bit about the issues the community brings up.

They have shown time and time again they will do what they want with no regard for the players. Sometimes this is the right thing, when it's done with care, caution and plenty of insight into the ramifications of what all will be affected by a change.

Kabam has no such process. No testing, no logic, no reasoning. Adapt to the new meta.

But yes, a response is warranted at this point but seeing as many many threads are being completely ignored, I expect nothing.
    Addyos wrote: »
    Edward getting banned in 5, 4, 3, 2....
    Dude there was another thread on this same subject matter, which you already commented on. Don't expect a moderator to answer if you keep calling them out every 5 minutes. It's against the forum rules to do so anyway. Pretty sure the mods won't label this constructive feedback lol.

Of course the individual milestones are way too high to reach the alliance milestones. Of course a mod isn't going to respond, because Kabam has designed the gifting event to be a total cash grab and they can't officially say that. But it is a cash grab because some of the items are supposed to be pretty rare, like t2a fragments and t4cc to a lesser extent.

Players can either choose to stump out the cash to reach those last few precious milestones, or they don't. It's not totally fair and I personally don't like it, but I also understand Kabam wanting to keep a high benchmark for the last few milestones as the items gained are still rare commodities (and wring out a few extra bucks from the playing community in the process as they are wont to do).

We can voice out complaints and hope Kabam rectifies it next year if not this year, but do so in conformance with the rules set here.

lol I know i might get banned for keeping this thread up and if i do ill just create another account. If they just give us a simple response ill stop otherwise I'm going to keep annoying them until they answer.

You cant set up a new forum account @Edward, its linked to your in-game account?

I understand that this has annoyed you (clearly lol) but I cant see Kabam changing it now with just a couple of days left to run on the event, can you? So when they reply what will you gain? But if you are banned from the forums you will lose a lot imo

Just offering a little advice

Really isn't that difficult to setup another account anyways i don't lose much by being banned from forums since pretty much most post go ignored by moderators so whatever happens, happens

Really isn't that difficult to setup another account anyways i don't lose much by being banned from forums since pretty much most post go ignored by moderators so whatever happens, happens

Ok @Edward, was just trying to help, no offence meant at all

Surprized that its easy to set a 2nd account up though tbh

Can I just ask, just out of interest, how far has your ally got with the rewards up to now? Seems the units needed to hit them all (2 Odins is stated on here) is simply not worth spending for the rewards anyway

My alliance already hit all milestones but because the minimums are so high a lot haven’t been able to collect them even though most have done their part.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,136 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    My alliance made it to the t4cc. That's where i stopped. Everything else after that is a complete joke based on how much u need to put up!!!