**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Lost My Tier 5 Basics Due to Rank Downs...

Comments

• JowbearJowbear Posts: 7
    @Qwerty I have not used the RDT yet because when I clicked or use does not appreciate the items. Then I waited for Kabam to resolve this error and apparently it was solved, already in the question to have used the RDT and the items are not returned and do not appear in the inventory anymore I do not know if it was solved
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    It's clearly not abusing the rdts. they have done lol and then later get the opportunity to rank down a champ who is really mostly good for boss fights. when they are gifted an rdt that they can use as they want. I think a lot of us would love to see kabams support team stop Being so useless but I guess they have a tough job as they are probably punished with people all day trying to claim they are missing items and have been wrongly banned (please unbend my account I no use mods)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure they will get the Resources back to people. If you use the Ticket, you should get the Cats back. It could be an issue where they weren't coded to include the new Cats, since they are new, or a glitch of some sort. I wouldn't worry too much about them returning them. It takes time is all.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    I’m in the same boat as waiting, which is fine since kabam did acknowledge they are working this. If they hadn’t acknowledged this post, THAT would be leaving us in the dark. Relax fellas.

I’ve completed act 5 and 100% LOL. I have 1x R5 and 6x R4. Stop accusing people of commenting on this post saying they arent close to end game. This affects me as much as you that keep reposting complaints. Give them till next AQ before coming back up on the net. Not much else will change from now till then.
  • RMP322RMP322 Posts: 83
    1) i was refererring to what roasted bagel posted, 2) Your not in the same boat as us, you have an R5 while i dont nor do I have the resources to obtain one. I dont get any ackowledgmemt back from my supoort emails anymore so If this is the only way to keep ontop of this then so be it. If they are not gonna give us a time frame, i will be calling my bank and disputing and getting every single mcoc charge placed back on my card. Do us a favor if your so upset about us bumping this thread, heres an idea! Dont open them and read them! They will soon close down this thread because thats what they do when they cant fix a problem,
    Again I have had in game issues where they easily went into my account to verify something that took not even a day. it really isnt that hard of process but for some reason they want to drag this out and they refuse to tell us why.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    RMP322 wrote: »
    i just ignore comments from people who obviously havent came close to completing act 5. They dont know the time and resources it took to even be able to comprehend the anger we are facing at the moment. Ive seen kabam fix things almost instantly when they are losing out and the player have benefited. and they are telling me and just a few others that something as simple as handing us back the items we lost takes days of investigation . Its a joke and until its happened to you, you dont have the stance to comment on the situation.

Funny because I'm about 86% done with 5.4

Know what's funnier? I was thinking of doing the exact same thing, rank up SL for LoL then rank him down. The difference between you and I is I can man up and take accountability and admit that it's abusing the system. It is.

The other difference between us is that had I done it already and been in the same situation as you right now I wouldn't be bumping a thread every hour crying how "easy it is to fix" when you clearly have no idea how easy anything is in their backend systems.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    edited December 2017
    My guess and this is a guess. Is that if they haven't coded for the new resources to be included in rankdown then the support team also don't have the tools to reverse or reinstate those missing resources. It probably does have to go "back to the game team", either to build the tools or do some back end data manipulation to apply it to those accounts.

I'm not sure what support tools the support team has at their disposal, whether they have a console application that allows them to manipulate accounts and the extent of those functions. Normally you build those tools to cover 90% of support cases and the remainder go back to the dev team which has a much longer turn around. Kabam aren't known for being transparent even if this is the process. Save themselves a lot of headaches just by being more open.

On a final note, if Kabam had no foresight into seeing that players might rank up and rank down champs of that standing for players to simply complete LOL or a legends run or for prestige, then they're clearly out of touch with how the high end player base operates in a system they created.
    My issue is Refund our items to the very. few of us that lost them which is easy to verify, then worry about fixing the coding on the tickets. Push the expiration date back on the tickets if need be.
    edited December 2017
    And roasted your flying through 5.4 with your 1 r4? im sorry i doubted you.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    On the bright side, it looks like we will gain 2 more t5 basic catalyst through uncollected event quests. It'll take 10 months. We could all be dead by then, so... Yeah! Bright side!
    Like I said im going to keep bumping this until I get my items back and in typical kabam fashion they will shut down this thread. And to the people complaining if you have an r5, use your rank down ticket on him and join us and then you can gladly tell us to be patient
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Might want to try reading the thread before commenting. If you can’t be bothered to read a thread you can also scroll through it with an eye out for orange. Gj burying posts of actual value, really brings your intent into question.
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    As always Kabam takes zero ownership of their screw up and the players pay the price
    Hey gang -

Apologies for any delay in responses to these matters. We absolutely want to get this checked out. I totally get being frustrated with the lack of action on our end. We definitely want to get this checked into.

We've been speaking with both the Support team and Game team on this one. Currently, everyone is working closely together to get this resolved and therefore it may take a little bit of time to get a response back on the issue as we want to ensure everyone is given their proper items. If you wrote in and it was told it was escalated, please stand by a little longer. We truly appreciate your patience.

if you wrote in and they closed the ticket saying that Rank 5 wasn't possible, please send me the ticket number in a private message and then send in a new ticket to support. Senior Team Members have been made aware of any misinformation and you should have a proper response back once all investigating is over.
    Hey guys -

I'm really sorry that this is taking awhile. I totally get how annoying this is. However, I do have to bring up a something with this, spamming a discussion to try and 'quicken' the resolution of a topic isn't okay. This is considered 'bumping' a thread. We're aware of this being an issue and we are working to get it resolved. We're grateful for the patience you have towards this, but ask that you keep in mind we are investigating those this is affecting.

That takes time. Please do not continuously post this discussion to bump it for a response. This will result in a warning as it violates forum rules.

Exactly.. It didnt even take the team a day to stop that exploit and to find who used it to their advantage and this is going on for days with just a handfull of us.
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Might want to try reading the thread before commenting. If you can’t be bothered to read a thread you can also scroll through it with an eye out for orange. Gj burying posts of actual value, really brings your intent into question.
    As always Kabam takes zero ownership of their screw up and the players pay the price
    Hey gang -

Apologies for any delay in responses to these matters. We absolutely want to get this checked out. I totally get being frustrated with the lack of action on our end. We definitely want to get this checked into.

We've been speaking with both the Support team and Game team on this one. Currently, everyone is working closely together to get this resolved and therefore it may take a little bit of time to get a response back on the issue as we want to ensure everyone is given their proper items. If you wrote in and it was told it was escalated, please stand by a little longer. We truly appreciate your patience.

if you wrote in and they closed the ticket saying that Rank 5 wasn't possible, please send me the ticket number in a private message and then send in a new ticket to support. Senior Team Members have been made aware of any misinformation and you should have a proper response back once all investigating is over.
    Hey guys -

I'm really sorry that this is taking awhile. I totally get how annoying this is. However, I do have to bring up a something with this, spamming a discussion to try and 'quicken' the resolution of a topic isn't okay. This is considered 'bumping' a thread. We're aware of this being an issue and we are working to get it resolved. We're grateful for the patience you have towards this, but ask that you keep in mind we are investigating those this is affecting.

That takes time. Please do not continuously post this discussion to bump it for a response. This will result in a warning as it violates forum rules.

I read both and I don’t see how it helps anything. If this was a person gaming an exploit the items would be striped already. Effort never appears to be as strong when the door swings the other way
    Your recollection of history is lacking. It has always taken time for Kabam to strip items away from people who gained them in error. If you really want to ignore Kabam’s response, deny reality and rely solely on history There are also times they don’t even bother to take action and recover the items.
  • FthewiggFthewigg Posts: 104
    OGHeRRo wrote: »
    @Fthewigg , I think you have an interesting opinion. It is different than mine which is completely fine. What I’m not sure of is how expressing satisfaction at other players demise due to your opinion shows how:

1. RDTs are terrible( the only issue is stemming from r5/65 everyone else is perfectly able to use them on 4/55 we are the extremely small percentage with this issue)

2. The claim that what we are trying to do is “so cheap and weak” I’m assuming that was stated to bait an angry or disrespectful response. Those are definitely two words that don’t really apply or in just my humble opinion are even relevant, for the fact alone that I think it’s highly unlikely that the individuals dealing with this issue are either adjective nor are our accounts that we’ve worked to build up over the span of 3 years. If it was just expressing your opinion I get that, if there was an alternative motive, I’m pretty positive everyone in this specific thread is much more concerned about our items then folks taking personal shots at us. Just food for thought....

Nope, not trying to bait a single thing. Stating my opinion that ranking someone like starlord with the intention of blasting through LoL, then ranking him down for someone with greater prestige or utility is cheap and weak. I'm not above cutting corners, but something about this really bugs me. Hence the satisfaction that this modestly dirty tactic didn't work exactly as hoped.
    Coathang3r simple question.. Did you 100% Act 5 yet?
    edited December 2017
    You act like beating labyrinth of legends with a r5 SL was easy? You dont wanna know how much it cost me.. The only advantage i got is the extended enrage timer with him alone so i was able to bring another poison or bleed immune champ i needed without losing the extended enrage timer because i didnt have the necessary 4 or 5 star champs for the attack synergy. So stop acting like i breezed through the Labyrinth.
  • OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    So to help give perspective not everyone in this chat r5 SL .all the game content for me was already 100% including LoL. I ranked hyp because I assumed his power potential damage wise would have scaled quite nicely. I was extremely surprised to find not much difference between his damage at r4 vs r5. I realized this and thought well I made the choice so this is the bed I lay in. Kabam then gives RTDs , definitely didn’t expect or foresee that happening but it did. I don’t see anything weak or cheap about that. Before this thread was even open I had serious issues pulling the slightest bit of info from kabam. That’s something I think would frustrate any player. I haven’t posted in a while. I get folks have opinions that aren’t in this situation and I respect them but the opinions of us players have been pretty opposite of that which I think it pretty telling. I’m not really understanding why shots are taking at people who are just simply frustrated. As mentioned before I am in a very competitive alliance, I frustrated that I’ve lowered our prestige for AQ right now, obviously it’s not the end of the world but you never want to take away anything from the other 29 guys.
    The answer is Jelousy pure and simple. People are upset that we completed content they didnt or cannot and if they cant have it they dont want anyone else to
    RMP322 wrote: »
    Coathang3r simple question.. Did you 100% Act 5 yet?
    On day 2 or 3. And if I was in the position to take advantage of the rdt and then rank down I would do so. However I would accept that Kabam is being honest when they say they are working on a resolution with earnest.
    edited December 2017
    Ok Great so Take your T5 basics and rank up anyone, Use up the incredible amount of gold and iso to do so. Then Rank him down knowing we aren't suppose to get those gold and iso back. And sit here and wait patiently with us if its that easy to do. If your unwilling to do that, please don't comment in here any longer telling us to be patient.
  • OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    @CoatHang3r I’m sure folks have accepted that here. This forum if anything is sometimes the place were you realize hey I’m not the only guy in this situation and you get to talk about it here. Alliance members not in this situation just give you the positive nodd and say “man I hope they fix this” but it was nice to find out ok someone else is frustrated too. Obviously nothing we say or do speeds up the process. But to kinda have folks outside of the issue either A. Happy it’s happened because “ we supposedly abused the RDT “ or the opinion of hey stop talking about this “ it’s just interesting to me. We are at the mercy of kabam as everyone is with this game. I realize that, but it’s still frustrating.
    Thanks for proving my point Coathanger