**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

No 2017 Champions in CHECKMATE Crystals

BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
Opened 5 crystals and didn't find any of the 2017 champions (well, 1 3S Iceman). I'd like to have my units back since this crystal was supposed to give a champion released in 2017...

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    you need to learn to read. It stated that there was a RARE chance at getting a champion from 2017.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    I don't know in english but the italian version states that you have THE OPPORTUNITY to get a rare hero released in 2017. (see below). What the english version says?

OxXVJyv.jpg
    Opportunity means the possibility. It's not guaranteed to get a champ from 2017
    Sorry, no way... Opportunity and chance are 2 different things. The description says that buying that crystal you have the opportunity to get a rare champion: one of the champions released in 2017.

And if I read the description for the Unforgettable Crystal (which is similar) it's different and it's correct! It says you have a CHANCE to get heroes released in 2017.

They made a translation mistake, plain and simple.
    No, opportunity doesn't mean guaranteed. it's like saying i have the opportunity to win the lottery. i can buy a ticket but doesn't mean i'll win. The 2017 champs are in the crystal. I bought 3 and didn't get any. i knew what i was getting into. Kabam won't refund the units.
    d4vzdpzmm8yl.png

On my end it says chance
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    it DOESNT only drop 2017 champs
    edited December 2017
    Dem, my english is limited but my italian is not. I told you they made a translation mistake... Read your english version, you will see that the description is different. As it is, in italian that means that they give you the opportunity to get a hero released in 2017, simply by buying the crystal. As I said, the description for the Unforgettable Crystal is different and it is like the english version.

Please note: in italian, Kabam is always translating chance in possibilità (possibility) and never as opportunity. This is the first time, that's why I bought those crystals.

noun, plural opportunities.
    an appropriate or favorable time or occasion:
    Their meeting afforded an opportunity to exchange views.
    a situation or condition favorable for attainment of a goal.
    a good position, chance, or prospect, as for advancement or success.

The definition of opportunity. It even says "chance". Regardless of translation, opportunity doesn't mean guaranteed a 2017 champ
    edited December 2017
    Dem, opportunity is just a word, syntax - how the sentence is constructed is different. Again, They wrongly translated from english, no matter what opportunity means for you.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    The absence of evidence is not the evidence of abscence.
    @Kabam Miike may you please change the title in something related to the translation error for the Checkmate Crystal?
  • The hell with their crystals. So bugged
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    They're the same as the other Crystals. There's a chance at the rare Champs, and a guarantee of at least a 3*. It's not a Crystal with the Champs from the last year only.
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    Opportunity and chance = not guaranteed

They're the same as the other Crystals. There's a chance at the rare Champs, and a guarantee of at least a 3*. It's not a Crystal with the Champs from the last year only.

If you don't read the whole thread, avoid comments. The english version of the crystal is correct. Italian version it is not and contains translation mistake. Already got apologies from italian support (unfortunately no units back).