**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

AW Selection???

So, I'm in a very small basically retirement Alliance that I created for myself & the friends I've made in MCOC over the years (at least the ones who aren't interested in chasing anything).

The only time I enlisted us in an AW was when there were the special AW Solo Objectives. I haven't enlisted us since, we're not set for Auto-Enlistment & my AW Attackers & Defenders slots are completely empty. Yet, I've always got champs tied up in AW.

Can someone please tell me if I'm missing something here?

Comments

• Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,393 Guardian
    Have you placed defenders on defense map, which are now PERSISTENT DEFENDERS ?

And potentially still have them in either of the + or - Tier Difficulty Maps, not necessarily just the CURRENT Tier Map ?

Those still count as persistent defenders, maybe even if you are NOT auto (or manually) enlisted in wars.

Go into each of the 3 BG's, look at all the +, -, and Current Tier Maps (3 icons on lower right of a BG defense map screen).
    And if any are there, click to Leave that BG. Or click to “start” to join defense in a different BG but don’t complete the joining process (that will also remove from other BG).
  • Options
    WardoWardo Posts: 16
    So it took me a bit as I'm not used to anything AW, but I went to "Next War" and clicked the button beside the blanked out "Place" button. Nobody in the Alliance is placed in a slot for any of the BGs. I'm not entirely sure if that's where you're talking about though.

Regardless, thank you 🙏
  • Options
    edited January 6
    Defense Map within each BG *also* has 3 sub-maps in there (which could have potentially different defenders, and on totally different nodes, from each other).
    So total 9 maps of defense.

The others are potential Tier Difficulty Maps which you can place potentially different (or same) defenders in case you move up to the next higher Tier Difficulty Map (or move down to next lower one).

So that if you move up, people could have already had defenders in place (from days or even weeks prior) instead of scrambling for everyone to place defenders on a new difficulty map within 2 hours after having moved up a tier.

Within a map, those are the UP (+) and DOWN (-) icons on bottom of map.
  • Options
    WardoWardo Posts: 16
    It's been taken care of, thank you very much for your help. They were set as Permanent Defenders. I feel I never went for that option though as my Alli mates & I only wanted to go for the Ascension materials & didn't have a desire to AW after that goal was achieved.

But again, thank you very much for your help, again, very appreciated.
  • Options
    Your welcome.
    btw, Auto-Enlistment is different from Persistent Defenders.
    Auto-enlistment is optional (you can choose to do manual enlistments for certain wars still if you want (as you noted).

But Defenders are ALWAYS PERSISTENT now. Each player has to MANUALY remove themselves from defense if they want to be removed now. That does NOT have a toggle option like Enlistment does.

Hopefully in future, defenders will not be locked for days when AW is not being played (or AW has been skipped by alliances, or if in say BG3 but you only run BG1 for a war), etc. Or allow leadership to remove or swap players, etc.
    But as for now, nope.
  • Options
    Mrwulf87Mrwulf87 Posts: 5
    edited January 21
    So I'm having an issue with my new alliance. I have done a war with them already and now I have been assigned a new bg. It allows me to place heros but it won't let me fight in the new bg. But it shows I can fight in the old bg. I just need it to let me place heros in bg3 and join the fight in bg3. @SummonerNR
  • Options
    Mrwulf87Mrwulf87 Posts: 5

• Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,547 ★★★★★
    Mrwulf87 said:

So I'm having an issue with my new alliance. I have done a war with them already and now I have been assigned a new bg. It allows me to place heros but it won't let me fight in the new bg. But it shows I can fight in the old bg. I just need it to let me place heros in bg3 and join the fight in bg3. @SummonerNR

Have you removed your defenders from all 3 maps in the old bg?