**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mordo VS Medusa [More Info Needed]

Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
edited December 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hello,

Playing as Mordo VS Medusa

Is it intended behaviour to have Medusa stun you via Living Strands, then be completely unaffected by Mordo's ability to "sense incoming non-Special attacks and quickly counter-attacks, inflicting degeneration"?

Based on his behaviour with everyone else's non-special attacks, I would imagine that when stunned, and attack by a regular attack, he would "snap" out of it, place a degen on Medusa...?

Likewise, his passive to "ensure that every ability properly activates, resisting against Ability Accuracy effects" seems to support this idea as well.

Can we get confirmation that this is working as intended?

To replicate what I assume is a bug:

-Start a match against Medusa, playing as Mordo
-Allow Medusa to get 3x Living Strands
-Attack, and get parried
-Watch as she pummels you with a regular attack while you are stunned
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    You sure? I've seen mordo evade her normal attack after her auto-block (parry).
    Maybe this is a new bug.

But on the mordo passive, I think Definitely needs to be looked at, because people like AA can stop his power gain, even though it says it's supposed to ignore ability accuracy effects and make sure it activates all abilities.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    bump
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @Renegade_Doggy. I just tested this for a good bit, and my Mordo's Astral Evade worked every time. Could you let me know the game mode/node where this happened? Also, do you have any screenshots or video that you could provide? Thanks.
    This was against Medusa as AW Boss.

I suspect this is partially in relation to her being debuff immune, however, I am not aware that Mordo can't "slide back" and have his astral evade not exist due to this.
    Any updates?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I have an update, aw bosses have true strike which negates evades.
    edited December 2017
    So True Strike overrides his innate, which itself should override the truestrike

Good to know.

Kabam, can we confirm this is intended behaviour? Seems fishy to me.
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    I have an update, aw bosses have true strike which negates evades.

So why does this occur on node 55 which only has stun immunity, and no true strike??
    So True Strike overrides his innate, which itself should override the truestrike

Good to know.

True strike isn’t ability accuracy reduction, it is a removal of an ability. Just like how he cannot evade under cold snap. Not easy to understand the nuance.

Why is node 55 just being brought up now? Is it something new? It wasn’t mentioned prior. However, in arguendo, if I were to hazard a guess the degeneration debuff might be a requirement for the evade to happen. You might be able to test that with a high level taskmaster (once he becomes immune) against a low level Mordo.

Good to know.

True strike isn’t ability accuracy reduction, it is a removal of an ability. Just like how he cannot evade under cold snap. Not easy to understand the nuance.

Why is node 55 just being brought up now? Is it something new? It wasn’t mentioned prior. However, in arguendo, if I were to hazard a guess the degeneration debuff might be a requirement for the evade to happen. You might be able to test that with a high level taskmaster (once he becomes immune) against a low level Mordo.

Wasn't mentioned prior as it happens with both True Strike, and without True Strike.

Stun immunity presumably appears to have the conflict. So, when I discovered it wasn't just boss node, I didn't bother to update.

Its not like Kabam is jumping through hoops to fix any of their bugs. Just another bug they are baffled on, just happened to remember this thread today as another alliance mate had same results in their respective AW.

I suspect this is partially in relation to her being debuff immune, however, I am not aware that Mordo can't "slide back" and have his astral evade not exist due to this.

edited December 2017

I will break it down very simple, since it looks like things go over you head easily. Likely due to your nonsensical need to fight with people online, so it presents an opportunity for you to begin arguments.
    • Noticed the error against AW boss
    • Posted in forums
    • Noticed next AW against stun immune boss, same issue
    • Didn't post in forums
    • Changed strat as never got a reply back from Kabam
    • Weeks pass
    • Alliance mate mentions issues still present
    • Re-search posts to re-find post in case Kabam replied
    • Notice Kabam didn't reply, so bumped post
    • Realized OP was just for boss, but as it also happens on stun immune, include the fact
    • Present

Now that we are all caught up, can we get some insight Kabam?
    Sorry guy it never even left the ground as you noted you failed to post about it so I fail to see how it went over my head. Come off it, stop being so argumentative when you are try to file a report especially when you file it incomplete.

Fact is in all this time if you had read the boss node you would see why you had this happen and could have properly brought up the instance when it happened against a stun immune but for whatever reason (I propose bias or belief in one owns infalibity) you failed to read and subsequently failed to report. You might be able to fry the egg on your face with the heat coming from your head.
    edited December 2017
    Meh, not like Kabam cares to fix bugs anyways. I understand you like to White Knight them, but I don't believe True Strikes intent is to avoid degen.

Likewise, the report was suspicion of unstunnable blocking abilities. Glad you got confused and couldn't see that. If you cared to address that point, it wouldn't get sidetracked like this.

However, your need to argue often side tracks things. Please, let's keep it on topic.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Meh, not like Kabam cares to fix bugs anyways. I understand you like to White Knight them, but I don't believe True Strikes intent is to avoid degen.

Likewise, the report was suspicion of unstunnable blocking abilities. Glad you got confused and couldn't see that. If you cared to address that point, it wouldn't get sidetracked like this.

However, your need to argue often side tracks things. Please, let's keep it on topic.

He's right. True Strike stops the evade. He doesn't evade therefore no degen, as it only activates when he auto evades.
This discussion has been closed.