**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Blade’s nerf.

MH2804MH2804 Posts: 77
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
If you think about it, blade bows down to no one. There isn’t a good AW boss that can actually be a “Boss”. Blade with danger sense is too OP. What I’m asking here is for a nerf, take away his ability reduction, or remove his heal. Something that’ll make him on par with other champions of this game. He is the new “SW” before 12.0.

Comments

• MH2804MH2804 Posts: 77
    Just because you went to great lengths to get him, doesn’t mean he isn’t too OP. It’s a fact. Everyone is trying for him, just like everyone do with SW. and those that have him, use him for everything, just like they did with SW. blade needs a nerf and I hope kabam thinks about it.
    You said it... ALL the mystics, That is too much. Too Op. there should be a mystic that is tough, but with blade he can run through all of them.
    Who says I don’t have him? Obviously I know what I’m talking about because I’ve tested him out. There are too many op champs, but blade just stand out too much.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    it's laughable to even think blade compares to pre 12.0 sw.

also dormammu still works well as a boss against him, there's just less of a chance of that stupid, unavoidable, cheap degen.
  • FineFine Posts: 78
    R5 5* Blade took 413 hits against RHulk in Labryinth. I went up against SL instead and he took 1,200. He is definitely not too OP, OP. He's great against a subset. He's good against erebody else. Don't change him. Give me a synergy against heroes and boy its ON!!!
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Ah, the weekly blade nerf thread. Brings back memories of the pre 12.0 SW threads. So many salty tears were shed...
  • Blade is good only with stark and GR in the team. Without is a normal champ
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    He shouldn't be changed. Been fighting 4/55 Magiks all freaking day in Arena. Unavoidable damage from Limbo is garbage every time you cross a power bar. Nerf Blade? OK. Nerf Mystic Dispersion and the garbage that this character was clearly created to deal with
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    "Magik's limbo is too OP! We need a better counter against her"
    > Here's Blade, he counters dimensional beings like Magik
    "Now Magik can be easily killed by him! Nerf Blade!"

So, what exactly is the middle ground here?

Exactly. I have zero sympathy for anyone who has been laying waste to this player base with Magiks and MD. None

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    MH2804 wrote: »
    If you think about it, blade bows down to no one. There isn’t a good AW boss that can actually be a “Boss”. Blade with danger sense is too OP. What I’m asking here is for a nerf, take away his ability reduction, or remove his heal. Something that’ll make him on par with other champions of this game. He is the new “SW” before 12.0.

@MH2804 WTF is wrong with you. Blade is NOT OP. Blade is very dupe/synergy dependent. He can very well be a good champ on his own but not OP on his own. There is nothing in your post that I agree with. My feeling is that you have Magik and invested units and money in MD and are tired of her getting beat by Blade. There is something in this game called strategy and using Blade against dimensional beings is part of that strategy. No different than using a 4/55 Magik on boss node in AW because of what she can do. His synergy with Mephisto activates danger sense for all mystics. You have to figure out whats more important when selecting a AW team. GR and Stark Spidey, GR and Mephisto or Start and Mephisto. I personally take Blade, stark and GR. Doesn't mean i am going to kill everyone in my path. Stop all this talk about nerfing blade.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    battleone wrote: »
    Even vs mephisto he burns if you get too impatient.

In 5.4.5 Mephisto has an Aura of Incineration for 10 seconds at the start and every 30s during the fight. Blade was able to completely shut off the node for a great percentage of those fights. Like completely shut it off and not have it return. And with GR/Spark synergy and r4 Blade can trash Mephisto in 60 hits while a 4* 5.50 Iceman can take 200+ hits for a solo.

Blade is way too OP. I hate saying this but they need to adjust him quick before it ruins other content, and they should give Blade users a giant compensation package.

blade is over rated AF.

he's fun to play with, but he's not, by any stretch, OP.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    "Magik's limbo is too OP! We need a better counter against her"
    > Here's Blade, he counters dimensional beings like Magik
    "Now Magik can be easily killed by him! Nerf Blade!"

So, what exactly is the middle ground here?

Fixing the interaction between dexterity and mystic dispersion.
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Ah, the weekly blade nerf thread. Brings back memories of the pre 12.0 SW threads. So many salty tears were shed...

And you saw where that ended up...
  • JeepettiJeepetti Posts: 79
    This post is proof that you will never satisfy everyone.
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    battleone wrote: »
    Even vs mephisto he burns if you get too impatient.

In 5.4.5 Mephisto has an Aura of Incineration for 10 seconds at the start and every 30s during the fight. Blade was able to completely shut off the node for a great percentage of those fights. Like completely shut it off and not have it return. And with GR/Spark synergy an r4 Blade can trash Mephisto in 60 hits while a 4* 5.50 Iceman can take 200+ hits for a solo.

Blade is way too OP. I hate saying this but they need to adjust him quick before it ruins other content, and they should give Blade users a giant compensation package.

How did blade do for you on the poison path on the way to mephisto? How did stark and GR (yes GR could handle the one node where the poison was only when you punched a block) do on those for you that you had to bring along? I would HOPE there is a counter to every character in the game. Magik beats the hell out of second line war machine. Like 5 kicks sp3 and the fight is over. Should that be nerfed? It is a good matchup. Should there be no good matchups for mephisto? Everyone in the game just needs to have iceman or starlord or just man up and avoid the fire? The ability reduction is not 100% like old school BW. It requires more than showing up and stun locking a guy in the corner with SW.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 22
    edited December 2017
    Asking for a blade nerf will result in unexpected consequences. If you remember the 12.0 nerf then a bunch of the good champs will be put in line too. Also someone will come along even stronger and people will just complain about that one. And blade wouldn't get so much attention if science champs (besides quake) did there job against mystics.

I have 4/55 blade and love him but he isn't the answer to everything, the way old sw, ds or bw used to be. People should be asking for defensive champ nerfs not offense. Modok, hyperion, and Memphisto come to mind.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    He was designed to not be nerfed in the near future, so he technically doesn't need a nerf since he is working as intended.
    There are many champions in the game, they can't all have the same power level and utility than others. There are champions that do what Blade do, but better than him. However they don't have as many abilities that Blade has.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Blade doesn't hold a candle to prenerf SW. He's not "op" at all. Get over yourself. He's a great champion, so why wouldn't everyone want him?