**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Flagging needs to stop.

CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
Posters are getting flagged for posts that aren’t spam or abusive.

Another solution needs to be added for people who disagree with a post without having to flag it constantly. Add a dislike button or a disagree button. It’s not over the top and won’t bring the mood of the forums down anymore than wrongly flagged posts.

Or at the very least make people accountable for their misused Flags.

I wonder if the person who flagged the posts name was visible if there would be as many blatantly abused flags.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't take it personally. The Mods can see who is abusing the Flags, and repeated abuse of them can lead to action because it's against the rules. If people react to it, it worsens and becomes more of an issue. Only Posts that violate the rules are acted on when Flagged. As for the visibility, it was removed because it causes arguments on who Flagged who, and that makes more problems.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    I wouldn't take it personally. The Mods can see who is abusing the Flags, and repeated abuse of them can lead to action because it's against the rules. If people react to it, it worsens and becomes more of an issue. Only Posts that violate the rules are acted on when Flagged. As for the visibility, it was removed because it causes arguments on who Flagged who, and that makes more problems.

I understand why it’s not visible, but that’s part of the reason it’s an issue. Anonymity means no accountability.
    The accountability is the responsibility of the Mods, and they deal with people who abuse the Flags.
    They do. Not entirely sure what constitutes as enough, but it's not hard to see when someone just spams Flags. Lol. Especially the ones that are targeted at specific people. If there's a concern, we can also message them privately and ask them to look into it. It's tricky because you can't Flag a Flag. Lol.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Resist. Urge. To. Flag.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    There was someone who got flagged multiple times on every thread that was not even theirs which was the weirdest one. They said the most normal things as well.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    That might be the best post I've ever seen on this board.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    I am shocked OP hasn't had a standard flag from the...

FORUM FLAGGER!
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    I am shocked OP hasn't had a standard flag from the...

FORUM FLAGGER!
    I was waiting for it tbh.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    If you flag for no good reason you get warned. Do it a second time and you can be in jail, for here I mean. Let them flag all they want. They won’t be able to post soon
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    There’s someone who flags any of my posts that he sees no matter what the post is. I just ignore it. Flags don’t do anything anyway
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Yeah, I got my first spam flag for a comment made ages ago about running the servers at UTC/GMT to ignore daylight savings. Possibly my most offensive post to date :|
  • Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208
    The accountability is the responsibility of the Mods, and they deal with people who abuse the Flags.

You can't even flag a mods post, like they can't even take any criticism.....