**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

T1 Alpha debacle

While changing the cost is the T1 Alphas in the glory Store was helpful, the resource is indeed lacking. With end game players looking to develop a 5 star roster, of basically the same 4 star champs already ranked, the resource needs more availability. This needs addressed immediately with a more effective solution. Perhaps reducing the amount required for ranking from 5 and 6 to 1 to 3. Also, other catalyst will need even more distribution or the number will need to lessen for them as well. Looking forward to the added availability of the resources.

Comments

• Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    @Moneygrab My same situation. I will earn them but they need be available. Is it 15 to rank 3? I think that’s an issue. Otherwise, quest completion or exploration should reward 20-40 Alphas. There is no argument otherwise. This needs addressed! Playing a lower map in aq is an inexperienced players suggestion without T4 class, basics, and glory in mind. Glory being the route to an even more scarce resource:T2 alphas.
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Agreed. This really does need looked at. We’re not asking for free cats, but we need the means to earn more.
  • TensioTensio Posts: 171
    Same here. 5 t1a for a 5* from r1 to 2 and the same from 2 to 3 is exaggerated
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Very true it is pretty ridiculous the amount to rank up 5*
    @SmokinSurfer @SgtSlaughter78 @DL864 @Tensio all good points. Hopefully it can get addressed during the next update
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    The Kabam white knights will argue to their face is blue that there is enough T1A and that all of you just need to manage your resources better..

Im still holding all my T4C since like June. Cant spend em.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    The Kabam white knights will argue to their face is blue that there is enough T1A and that all of you just need to manage your resources better..

Im still holding all my T4C since like June. Cant spend em.
    How much is enough t1a? At what rate do you need to acquire it? Cause right now with the rate I’m able to obtain it while pulling a 5* once a week t4b is what I need more of.

Your attempt to delegitimize someone else’s experience while insulting them before they even express an opinion is laughable dude. Come off it.

And stop thinking you need to rank up every single 5*, that groot, IP, LC, ain’t worth the resources. If you happen to pull a few awesome champs back to back count your blessings and be glad you now know exactly what you need to do for progression without being at the mercy of RNG for a good champ actually worth the resources.

If your in a successful and active alliance it rains t1a, stop watering the weeds with it though.
    @CoatHang3r while the argument you make is only regarding your acquisition of rankable champs, it’s welcome. Champs are mostly for strategy. The current rate of resources doesn’t support our strategy. My current successful and active alliance hits every opportunity to obtain them including the arena grind. Pulling multiple strategy champs for top aq and aw competition requires more than status quo. That’s probably why the issue is constantly brought up on forumns and small changes have already been implemented in the glory store to support is issue. Glad to hear it’s at your current strategic pace.
    @Nerfed2Def So what is the rate of acquisition you need?

Have you looked at the rate of t1a, t4b and, t4cc their rate lines up pretty well for being able to utilize t4cc at the rate it comes in for the overwlheming majority of players and those at the top get extra glory for t1a if they so choose.

BTW do end game players not already have developed rosters what’s up with that? And should they have every champ available to r3 immeadietly upon release while ignoring resource management? The more I look at this particular argument for more t1a the weaker it becomes.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    A "problem" that applies to something like 0.1% of all players isn't really considered a "debacle". I'd say it's more of a "deserved annoyance".
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    0.1% really? Search alpha shortage and there is a thread started most days, I have been in the argument for a long time, if you want to focus your roster on 5*s then the rates of pulls aren't balanced, 5:2 alphas to t4bs isn't how they occur in the game, firstly this is only an issue for players who are playing map 5 or above, with the glory tweak if you spend all Your glory on alphas, play in an alliance that hits every 3 day alpha milestone and want to grind alpha arena and autopilot normal difficulty every month even with uncollected now on you can balance with glory. So the 'white knights' have their point. But That is only if you want to do those menial things and are in such an alliance and only spend your glory on them.
    Personally I'm not in a t4c alliance so I like to spend some glory on the class specific shards if I am short a certain t4c for a rankup, also the alliance I've been in for 18 months doesn't always get arena alpha so I'm outta luck.
    This has been specifically bad for me as i have had really good 5* pulls lately and have nearly every god tier 4* already at r5, so no real point in me doing any 4* rankups, that said it is really just a drag having to do all that menial stuff at this level In the game for said alphas. Why are so many required for even r5 5*s as well as t2as, they are clearly the game designed bottleneck, and I think it's lame that my demi god 4* pulls and most of my 5* pulls have to sit at r2 and 1 respectively, because of my alpha shortage
    @Speeds80 You never disappoint when it comes to misrepresenting the facts. If you are ranking 5s to be used in end game content then the materials used to get them to that level line up very evenly and without using all your glory while playing map5; especially if you are not in a t4cc alliance. You know what? people at the end game had to go through what you are going through with much less variety to choose from so count your blessings.
  • IronBlaze09IronBlaze09 Posts: 114
    There is also the issue that you can't even stash enough T1A to fully rank a 5*

Yeah I had to buy a bunch of them with glory when I got the 5* I finally wanted to r4. Even that wasn’t enough and I had to rank down a 5*
    I agreed to that already, that's pretty much what I said...if you do all that stuff, personally I get 1 less most weeks because of my alliances arena stance, (I do all the other ways to earn) that 1 would make a difference, most of my glory goes on alphas, and it's always my bottleneck. That is my experience, I pull t4bs in map 5 crystals, not alphas
    Also this month I literally can't be bothered running normal difficulty as I don't want to use units (or waste hours) as most of my energy is going on the halls of healing and fortune, I just don't think alphas should be so prescious that I have to resort to spending hours on autopilot for 1 so this month my rankups will be a bit slower, my point isn't that there is a debacle or shortage, rather that it's a drag to have to spend so much of my gaming time working on such an early building block, and its making the whole game less fun for myself I have spent years/thousands of hours on this game, personally I would like to be playing more efficiently and not having to run 4 difficulties of the same quest every month, 3 of which are well below my level of play and two of which I am running almost only for the alpha catalysts
  • polverine15polverine15 Posts: 191
    Couldn't agree more with @Palanthrax the need for tier 1 alphas is higher with the ranked alliances/ players. I have 9 in the stash of my level 40 account because I get them in map 3 crystals, and don't get champs as fast in a low tier alliance. I have probably 10 champs, 4 and 5 star, on my main account that need the alphas to rank up, but other than glory or arenas, they are nit as readily available. They need to be part of the milestones for map 5 and 6, or added to those crystals.
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    its 4:00 am and you guys are arguing over t1a
    edited December 2017
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    Those defending the status quo on T1As mystify me, I can only assume it’s the case that they don’t have this problem, so they take some small pleasure in the fact that others do.

Some indisputable facts. 5 T1As to take a 5* to rank 2 is RIDICULOUS. There is no reasonable justification for it. If T1A costs are working as intended, they should be dropping in map 5 crystals. They are needed more by end-game players than mid-game players, but drop more for mid-game players.

The system is horribly unbalanced. The limiting resource for mid-game players ranking 4*s should be T1As, the limiting resource for end-game players ranking 5*s should be T2As. Instead, mid-game players are selling them from their stash and end-game players are begging for them.

The fact that they’re not even sold in offers tells me that Kabam is doing this intentionally, they’re not even profiting from it, but I have no idea what they hope to achieve.
    It takes, on average 6 days to get enough t1a and t4b to rank a 5* if you utilize all available t1a. That’s less time than you can earn a 5 star. How people do not see this is what mystifies me, I could offer my assumption as to why it happens but that would be blatantly insulting to most. What I will say is the number of x to rank means nothing, it’s the rate at which you can acquire x that truly limits progression. An end game player can currently acquire ~30 t1a a month enough to take 6 5s to r2 which is faster than you can acquire 5s aside from this month in particular.

What you propose as limiting progression at different levels creates an excelerated divide between mid and end game tiers as mid game will not be able to compete with their t1a vrs their t2a. This leaves end game with a dwindling player pool to pull from when it losses players to attrition.

when we pull 7 5*s this month the shortage is going to be highlighted, two of mine went to r3 and my last months pull went to r4. so coathanger you think grinding Alpha arena and running normal eq and master eq with its 2-3k defenders should be a part of all end game players routine? They are clearly doing it to Slow ranking so We don't run out of champs to rank and then grow bored of the game, but I don't see why alphas are the bottleneck over t4bs? More Alphas just mean more r2 5*s and r3 4*s, any intelligent gamer is going to do their r3/4/5 first and the other ranks are just for having fun and trying different synergies. And earning rankup event rewards (something I see less and less of every week) 6*s are coming. have we seen Their rankup costs yet? Are they going to follow the same pattern and take dozens of alphas to Rank?
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I'm just waiting to see what Kabam puts up as 6* ranking up requirement
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    They won't increase t1a right now as they could then be farmed and then sold for t2a. It's that simple, so don't expect them to increase the drop rates any time soon. I agree that it sucks having 5 star heros stuck at rank 1 (I have 35 at rank 1) and I have an excess of both t4b and a few t4cc that run the risk of expiring if Im not careful. Sucks that my ranking is now determined by expiring resources rather than who I want to rank, but it is what it is. The reality is that t1a is the new bottle neck for 5 ( and probably 6) star heros for the foreseeable future. And ... Just got a 5 star SL, but will take me two weeks to get him up to r3, but what can you do?
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I have 9 t4b in overflow and 0 t1as. I buy 5 t1a with glory every week and have for months.

All this does is discourage me from trying to acquire more champs as I have no way to rank them.
    Gentleman, it appears to be a clear issue looking at all the feedback. You can purchase how many alpha from the glory store? Lmfao. I appreciate the conversation as we wait on next weeks glory store, next months event quest, and next round of milestones to get a champ to R3 and one more to r2. I do remember the days of old where stashes were over flowing with them. I used to hate seeing them. Now rosters rott with champs waiting to become effective for end game play.
    @Hulk_77 you are not the only one. Perhaps at this stage in the game our glory could be spread more evenly or towards better resources. It’s gotta get better. Way too many people effected. Congrats on your current roster!
    Anyone going to answer the question? At what rate do you think you should be earning t1a?
    @CoatHang3r thinking in terms of rate isn’t effective. Looking at previous posts the more effective solution is to look at number of attained or aquired. This was detailed in earlier posts.
    Honestly coathanger, IMO it should be a throwaway resource like it used to be, t4bs would be the bottleneck seriously altering bugger all in 'the divide' and we would be able to rank 5*s to r2 and you know...get to use them in some form of the game
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    It all depends on how quickly your looking to rank up champs.

If you want to rank a 5* up a level per day, then yes there is a mega shortage.

But 5* are the most sought after champs, so ranking 1 per day isn't reasonable or a reason to say t1 alphas aren't around.

If your doing a 5* per week/2 weeks there's enough alphas to do that.