**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Anyone Else Have Trouble with Disappearing Defenders in AW?

About 5 minutes before matchmaking for the current war, I noticed that our usual defender placements were off and that several defenders just weren’t placed. I fixed what I could in that time, but couldn’t do anything about 10 missing defenders.

The defenders that were removed were from two players who have had them placed in that BG for quite a while, and I am certain their defenders were placed last war. Both are still showing in the BG, but without defenders placed.

Once war started, it turns out an entire BG had their defenders removed. In the 1st war of the season 7 of 10 spots were filled and all had placed defenders.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Comments

• Options
    Persistent Defenders, but have to be placed on maps for ALL of the available Tier Maps for your Alliance.
    As in the Tiers above and below what your current tier was when they initially placed.
    There's the +/- icons next to “current” icon on lower right of defense placement map.

So I assume you either moved up or down a Map Tier from your previous wars. And they had ONLY placed their defenders in what was then your “Current” tier map (not also the other +/- tier maps).

Note, and when you move UP a tier, then at some point soon your people should also go back in and set defenders for what now would be your next “+” tier map, so that they are in place for when you move up a 2nd time.
  • Options
    LexSaviLexSavi Posts: 163

Persistent Defenders, but have to be placed on maps for ALL of the available Tier Maps for your Alliance.
    As in the Tiers above and below what your current tier was when they initially placed.
    There's the +/- icons next to “current” icon on lower right of defense placement map.

So I assume you either moved up or down a Map Tier from your previous wars. And they had ONLY placed their defenders in what was then your “Current” tier map (not also the other +/- tier maps).

Note, and when you move UP a tier, then at some point soon your people should also go back in and set defenders for what now would be your next “+” tier map, so that they are in place for when you move up a 2nd time.

I think this is exactly what happened, considering we dropped a tier. Close to 8 years of AW and I did not know this. Thanks for the info, very much appreciated!
  • Options
    Well, this only started when they changed to Persistent Defense.

Before you had to specifically place your defense for EVERY single war, each time.