**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Is it legal for me to play MCOC on PC with BlueStack? Or is it not safe for my account

Seriously, if anyone knows the actual anwser respond, but if you dont know and you just guess, please dont respond i dont want my main to get banned because of that.

Thank you to everyone, even if you dont respond have a great day :smile:

Comments

• Options
    Okay i guess im not trying, in 4 years of grind im still uncolected but idc i want to keep my account lol
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,666 ★★★★★

Okay i guess im not trying, in 4 years of grind im still uncolected but idc i want to keep my account lol

Well that's a different issue :).

Tell us where you are.stuck..who your best champs are...
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    Yeah. I learned the hard way that you can't use stuff like that. It doesn't matter how you use it (in my case, I used it to be able to play the game on my PC when a disability kept me from using a phone properly), just the act of using third party software itself is forbidden by the terms of service and can get you banned.
  • Options
    kus234kus234 Posts: 223 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Ercarret said:

Yeah. I learned the hard way that you can't use stuff like that. It doesn't matter how you use it (in my case, I used it to be able to play the game on my PC when a disability kept me from using a phone properly), just the act of using third party software itself is forbidden by the terms of service and can get you banned.

This is unfortunate, but the reason for this rule is that emulated environments are under the full control of the player, not the platform. Kabam can trust iOS and Android to do certain things and not do other things. But under an emulated environment, the player can in theory do anything and Kabam would have no way to be sure of what the player was doing. The player is not only capable of doing anything, because they have full control of the environment they can also make it *seem* like they are doing anything else. They can tamper with the game and tamper with the ability for Kabam to detect tampering with the game.

Under an emulated environment like Bluestacks, the player is an omnipotent omniscient invisible untraceable god - unless they make a mistake and get detected. Even if the player swears up and down that they didn't do anything unfair, Kabam has no way to prove that is true.

That's why this is a no-no.
    teach me how to lol... :DB)
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,537 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Ercarret said:

This is unfortunate, but the reason for this rule is that emulated environments are under the full control of the player, not the platform. Kabam can trust iOS and Android to do certain things and not do other things. But under an emulated environment, the player can in theory do anything and Kabam would have no way to be sure of what the player was doing. The player is not only capable of doing anything, because they have full control of the environment they can also make it *seem* like they are doing anything else. They can tamper with the game and tamper with the ability for Kabam to detect tampering with the game.

Under an emulated environment like Bluestacks, the player is an omnipotent omniscient invisible untraceable god - unless they make a mistake and get detected. Even if the player swears up and down that they didn't do anything unfair, Kabam has no way to prove that is true.

One example of how players can exploit bluestacks is reverse controls.
    Players can just change the key bindings for that one fight and play the reverse controls node as normal, Making it useless.
  • Options
    KontestmanKontestman Posts: 273 ★★
    I have had my run in with the emulator business got suspended for 7 days so yeah go ahead and use an emulator😁
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 510 ★★★
    edited February 15
    I never understood why people want to play mobile games on a PC. If you want to play a PC game, then why not just play an actual PC game like COD, Battlefield, GTA and the like.
    Other than any disability.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,854 ★★★★
    Nope, i play Assasin's Creed and GTA games on PC, it's not a place to play MCoC
  • Options
    PhilippebonettiPhilippebonetti Posts: 32

Well that's a different issue :).

Tell us where you are.stuck..who your best champs are...
    just go check my mcoc account : Username = PhilippeBonett (PhilippeBonett~1)
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 456 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Ercarret said:

Well since the is just got necro’d anyways I may as well ask now. Im curious if you have any knowledge about the system Necropolis was using to be able to handle the case of simulated responses. Apparently the content had some method of tracking data which could circumvent the issue of faked in game data. In theory, if this is robust, would it solve this issue and make the BlueStack issue redundant?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,989 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Ercarret said:

Well since the is just got necro’d anyways I may as well ask now. Im curious if you have any knowledge about the system Necropolis was using to be able to handle the case of simulated responses. Apparently the content had some method of tracking data which could circumvent the issue of faked in game data. In theory, if this is robust, would it solve this issue and make the BlueStack issue redundant?
    I have an idea, and no I can't or rather won't share what those ideas are, and they would not make the emulator bans redundant.

There is no single foolproof method of preventing cheating. What I will say is that cheat detection is about spinning webs of detections around the game and pouncing on a player who touches one of them. A player who cheats can do all kinds of things to avoid detection, but they have to be right every time. The tighter this web is, the more likely they are to catch a cheater sooner than later. Removing limitations on the players increases the likelihood that they will evade detection, or evade detection for longer. And specifically allowing emulators would make several cheat detection options no longer reliable.

There's also the issue of cost. There are some methods of detecting cheating that have a cost associated with them, such that there's a huge difference between using it for something like Necropolis and trying to implement it across the entire game. That's several order of magnitude difference in effort, and something that has significant cost to do at all can become impractical to do across millions of fights a day.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    What is bluestacks? I've heard this a few times on this forum but what actually is it and more importantly what is wrong with it?

Genuinely curious
  • Options
    Mackey said:

What is bluestacks? I've heard this a few times on this forum but what actually is it and more importantly what is wrong with it?

Genuinely curious

I believe it’s an emulator, and it could provide easier unfair activities in the contest
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    XFREEDOMX said:

I never understood why people want to play mobile games on a PC. If you want to play a PC game, then why not just play an actual PC game like COD, Battlefield, GTA and the like.
    Other than any disability.

The screen is bigger, you wouldnt have input issues (I guess), Its more comfortable to play on a PC than on the Phone (for me at least), also, depending on the device, PC would run it faster, also, better conection if you are via Lan instead of Wi-Fi.

I play some Phone games that have also PC versions and its way better at least for me for those reasons; I always wanted a console version of the game but I understand it is not doable
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 456 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Ercarret said:

I have an idea, and no I can't or rather won't share what those ideas are, and they would not make the emulator bans redundant.

There is no single foolproof method of preventing cheating. What I will say is that cheat detection is about spinning webs of detections around the game and pouncing on a player who touches one of them. A player who cheats can do all kinds of things to avoid detection, but they have to be right every time. The tighter this web is, the more likely they are to catch a cheater sooner than later. Removing limitations on the players increases the likelihood that they will evade detection, or evade detection for longer. And specifically allowing emulators would make several cheat detection options no longer reliable.

There's also the issue of cost. There are some methods of detecting cheating that have a cost associated with them, such that there's a huge difference between using it for something like Necropolis and trying to implement it across the entire game. That's several order of magnitude difference in effort, and something that has significant cost to do at all can become impractical to do across millions of fights a day.

Closest Ive been to anything sniffing the realm of cheat detection was fresh out of grad school when I had a stint in cryptography and that was… cough… a number of years ago. I’ll have to read through a few papers at some point to see how the current landscape looks