**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Raid tickets

How how we supposed to get raid tickets? Kabam are you seriously expecting us to pay nearly 800 units plus glory for 1 ticket????? This is absolutely ridiculous

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian
    It is 8 units per ticket or 75 glory per ticket. You can also get them by exploring maps 6-8 of AQ.
  • Options
    suntzu83suntzu83 Posts: 18
    Pikolu said:

It is 8 units per ticket or 75 glory per ticket. You can also get them by exploring maps 6-8 of AQ.

Look at the screen shot i posted, its costing me 800 units plus 160k loyalty????
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

You need a total of 180 points to get a ticket
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    suntzu83 said:

Pikolu said:

You need a total of 180 points to get a ticket
    The rewards are pretty good if you finish it.
  • Options
    suntzu83 said:

Pikolu said:

Look at the screen shot i posted, its costing me 800 units plus 160k loyalty????
    In your post you said for 1 ticket.

We've also known the costs for quite awhile.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,796 ★★★★★
    No need units but do cost a fair bit though for low level / casual playing alliances.

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,178 ★★★★★

during the insane glory bug last raid, i spent all of it on raid tickets and have essentially paid for the next 8 months of raids in advance

I wish I had thought of this. I stead, I bought out the store twice and a half.
  • Options
    NüΚΞ said:

lol there’s always those familiar faces trying to defend Kabam at all cost. No event entry should be this high. It doesn’t make any sense. Or it does because the revives cost one gold for the first seven so they need to recoup those units somehow.

Just because they mentioned the cost once doesn’t mean that players aren’t allowed to show up on the games forum to express their frustration. I am frustrated by it… and let me guess one of you are going to say it. SOME CONTENT ISN'T FOR EVERYONE. MCOC 2024 slogan.

Resource management issue
  • Options
    NüΚΞ said:

No need units but do cost a fair bit though for low level / casual playing alliances.

7425 glory for half the cost of one ticket into raids is more than a fair bit. Basically it costs me a months value of glory and AQ work to take a shot at raids. That is incredibly silly to make the cost the same amount as a month worth of AQ work or any of the other currencies to get into raids for that matter.
    Which AQ map are you on?
  • Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 115 ★★
    I hope when Kabam does their live stream. They can walk us players who have been frustrated with the content and cost of said content through the roadmap in a way that shows how this game will continue to be fun for those that don’t want to spend thousands of units on revives and entry tickets, boosts, etc monthly.

If they could explain 10 energy cost for new end game content, 800 unit, 14000 glory, or a 400,000 loyalty cost is good for the game. I have been trying to save units for necro 100% completion. I have already given up on carrina, and wow content as instructed to focus on something I can do, Necropolis.

But, I CAN DO RAIDS. I have the skill level to complete this content, and what do I find waiting for me but a 800 unit entry fee or stealing away incursions, loyalty, or glory (I have saved 2k units so big blow to lose 800 for this.). For the players who aren’t good enough to complete all end game content or place high in BG; loyalty, glory and incursions currency is INCREDIBLY crucial to the growth of our accounts. It is not in the spirit of the game to make everything so punishing… it just feels like NOTHING is for me content wise.

Give us a break Kabam. I mean seriously, literally give us a break here. It really feels like punishment at this point.
  • Options
    KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 312 ★★★
    NüΚΞ said:

7425 glory for half the cost of one ticket into raids is more than a fair bit. Basically it costs me a months value of glory and AQ work to take a shot at raids. That is incredibly silly to make the cost the same amount as a month worth of AQ work or any of the other currencies to get into raids for that matter.

It's actually nowhere near that much.

Raids are every 4th week and cost 180 tickets

If you do AQ map 6, you get 24 tickets a week for the other 3 weeks for a total of 72 tickets

That means you need to buy 108 tickets if you want to run Raids every time. That comes to 2700 glory per week for those 3 weeks or 8100 glory for a full ticket

Of course, it's even less if you run map 7 or 8

Of course you can also choose to run every 3rd Raid and not have to pay anything.

But if you don't do at least map 6 then buying tickets is the only option
  • Options
    FolkvangrFolkvangr Posts: 90
    NüΚΞ said:

I hope when Kabam does their live stream. They can walk us players who have been frustrated with the content and cost of said content through the roadmap in a way that shows how this game will continue to be fun for those that don’t want to spend thousands of units on revives and entry tickets, boosts, etc monthly.

If they could explain 10 energy cost for new end game content, 800 unit, 14000 glory, or a 400,000 loyalty cost is good for the game. I have been trying to save units for necro 100% completion. I have already given up on carrina, and wow content as instructed to focus on something I can do, Necropolis.

But, I CAN DO RAIDS. I have the skill level to complete this content, and what do I find waiting for me but a 800 unit entry fee or stealing away incursions, loyalty, or glory (I have saved 2k units so big blow to lose 800 for this.). For the players who aren’t good enough to complete all end game content or place high in BG; loyalty, glory and incursions currency is INCREDIBLY crucial to the growth of our accounts. It is not in the spirit of the game to make everything so punishing… it just feels like NOTHING is for me content wise.

Give us a break Kabam. I mean seriously, literally give us a break here. It really feels like punishment at this point.

I got in with the tickets I got from map 6, plus a week worth of glory and loyalty
    It’s not that bad
  • Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 115 ★★
    Bro I just dropped half of my loyalty and half of my glory to get into raids. I always play AQ, I always play AW. I 100% percent show up for all events in my alliance. This cost me half of my stash to get into raids
  • Options
    NüΚΞ said:

Not only does it show 7425 glory he also hadbto pay 130k loyalty plus 16k incursions points. @Kabam Miike these price entries are absolutely ridiculous
  • Options
    FolkvangrFolkvangr Posts: 90
    NüΚΞ said:

Bro I just dropped half of my loyalty and half of my glory to get into raids. I always play AQ, I always play AW. I 100% percent show up for all events in my alliance. This cost me half of my stash to get into raids

You get 6 tickets for map 6 exploration
    If you do it 4 times a week, that’s 24 tickets weekly
    24 x 3 weeks = 72
    Now you are missing 108 tickets
    If you split it evenly between glory and loyalty it is 4050 glory and 108k loyalty, as I said, that’s a week worth for me

• Options
    KoiBoy18 said:

NüΚΞ said:

If you do AQ map 6, you get 24 tickets a week for the other 3 weeks for a total of 72 tickets

That means you need to buy 108 tickets if you want to run Raids every time. That comes to 2700 glory per week for those 3 weeks or 8100 glory for a full ticket

Of course you can also choose to run every 3rd Raid and not have to pay anything.

But if you don't do at least map 6 then buying tickets is the only option</blockquote

Kabam never mentioned we had to do aq for the tickets. They originally said players could choose just to do raids and not do aq if they wishes at no point did they mention we wouls have to pay ridiculous prices to enter if we didn't do aq
  • Options
    Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Posts: 224
    The cost is truly insane. So far this raid I've gotten two halves of a class t6 and 2k titan shards. Unless I get something outrageous for Ultron, it isn't worth it all, especially as you have no control over what you get.
  • Options
    suntzu83 said:

KoiBoy18 said:

NüΚΞ said:

Kabam never mentioned we had to do aq for the tickets. They originally said players could choose just to do raids and not do aq if they wishes at no point did they mention we wouls have to pay ridiculous prices to enter if we didn't do aq
    Raids Tickets Cost
    Did you not have to purchase AQ Tickets previously? Or you do not play AQ Maps requiring AQ Tickets?
  • Options
    KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 312 ★★★
    suntzu83 said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/353543/aq-raids-a-preliminary-how-to#latest

They mentioned tickets in the 2nd paragraph of the initial forum announcement
  • Options
    SkyfawSkyfaw Posts: 171 ★★
    If you do the higher AQ maps you get most of your tickets thru there. Not sure why you’re pointing this out this has always been the system for doing AQ raids is basically map 9 you’ve always had to pay to do the last map.
  • Options
    JoeqwJoeqw Posts: 55
    I am not one to defend Kabam often but have to say reading really helps gang. This isn’t new information, costs have been released for more than a month. It’s hefty, but it’s not a surprise.

Play map 8 and you earn a decent number of tickets, buy the balance and get your prizes. Remember you are getting at least 1/2 a 7*, 1 full t6c worth of fragments. a t6b, t3 alpha, and a chunk of gold. Many people would pay 800+ units for that loot.
  • Options

suntzu83 said:

KoiBoy18 said:

NüΚΞ said:

Raids Tickets Cost
    Did you not have to purchase AQ Tickets previously? Or you do not play AQ Maps requiring AQ Tickets?
    No i stopped playing aq long time ago and even then never had to pay
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    People keep posting this.... and it is their fault that the cost is so high.

You get tickets for play AQ maps in other weeks. If you plan out what other tickets you will need, it isn't nearly this expensive. I only use glory to buy some tickets every week.

This isn't Kabam's fault... plan ahead
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 310 ★★★
    Yeah, using that glory we got last Raid went to tickets which I chose over spending in the glory store. The cost is high, but it's manageable if you play AQ Map 6 and above and manage your resources. Use the glory to supplement the cost and get your resources in other areas (BG store for instance).

Players can be in a laid back alliance and not run AQ normally. That's their choice an no one is ragging on anyone for doing that, but when those same people that don't play competitively get frustrated because they don't read up on it or prepare, then that's going to draw criticism.