**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Winter of Woe: Nebula Strategy Thread [merged]

12346Β»

Comments

• Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 814 β˜…β˜…β˜…

EdisonLaw said:

Anyone tried CGR?

CGR dies from the shock damage
    Nah.

https://youtu.be/iCD5Qc5lKOI
    I wish I was as good with playing CGR as you. You sir are a legend. Hats off to you @SlayerOfGods πŸŽŠπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,300 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Immortal abom also works for this fight as well!

How? He doesn't have buffs last I checked, and Nebula is poison immune.
  • Options

EdisonLaw said:

Anyone tried CGR?

CGR dies from the shock damage
    Nah.

https://youtu.be/iCD5Qc5lKOI
    I wish I was as good with playing CGR as you. You sir are a legend. Hats off to you @SlayerOfGods πŸŽŠπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
    It comes with time! It took a lot of practice and experimentation to get where I am - and it's awesome too because I'm still learning tiny things about CGR and getting better for it.

Thanks for the kind words!
  • Options
    TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited February 23
    Ikaris is great for the offensive burst and size M objective. He is fully shock inmune and can easily build and retain buffs throughout the fight.

I used a boosted 6* R3 (no relic equipped because I forgot to do so).

Strategy:

In the beginnig I tried using special attacks but they remove your buffs so Nebula can autoblock you.

I switched my strategy to not using any special attack at all for the rest of the fight. So I basically kept 10 to 9 energize buffs throughout the whole fight.

When Nebula isn't unblockable and healing you can parry her to remove her healing buff. You lose 1 energize buff but next time you hit her or her block with a light attack you gain 1 energize buff again. So you basically can't really run out of buffs.

It's a pretty long fight but also a very safe one (I slipped up once during the fight).

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited February 23
    Nvm
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Anyone can do it really just parry mlm in shocks phase then one the offer phase just hit block take long may die do to to much parry damage
  • Options
    Gamer said:

Anyone can do it really just parry mlm in shocks phase then one the offer phase just hit block take long may die do to to much parry damage
    How is that viable though? Nebula's still poison immune so iBom would have 0 damage, it would be a 20 minute fight.
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,191 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Done it with Vox, start by building up his precision buffs

Gamer said:

How is that viable though? Nebula's still poison immune so iBom would have 0 damage, it would be a 20 minute fight.
    Acid burn actually do a lot of damage, and the petrify works against her constant regens, but I don't think its that great of a fight either
  • Options

Done it with Vox, start by building up his precision buffs

Gamer said:

Acid burn actually do a lot of damage, and the petrify works against her constant regens, but I don't think its that great of a fight either
    You need to apply 10 poisons to trigger acid burn though, Nebula is poison immune. You'd have to go for like five sp3s or something lol.
  • Options
    vertiGovertiGo Posts: 85 β˜…
    Maybe it's because I tend to play around autoblock in other ways, but should Nebula be able to start attacking / dash / throw a special the instant "autoblock" appears?

I'm trying to use Surfer for the objective, but getting absolutely no where as autoblock prompt pops and I instantly eat a 5 combo whilst in the middle of my attack animation. It's even been affecting phase where surfer is unresponsive (won't dash back, or block) but because autoblock pops nebula seems to be able to restart a combo
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited February 24

Killmonger was nicknamed β€œCaptain Cook” for the fight

Odin is only a 6* rank 2. Made me realize I’ve been sleeping on him. Get it? Sleep as in Odinsleep
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,986 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    @Polygon what rotation with odin?
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,397 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Polygon said:

Killmonger was nicknamed β€œCaptain Cook” for the fight

Odin is only a 6* rank 2. Made me realize I’ve been sleeping on him. Get it? Sleep as in Odinsleep

Odin is my favourite champ in the game, he's criminally underrated.
    And nice pun! 🀣
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

@Polygon what rotation with odin?

@captain_rogers

Dex to trigger precision, parry heavy. Repeat until max energize, go for sp3 then sp2 spam. You can backdraft safely in unblockable phase
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Super high sig Angela is underrated in this fight just due to AI manipulation.

Did this fight with a 5r5 sig 200 unascended and a 7r1 sig 80 and the difference was night and day.

The initial ramp is easier as you're acquiring buffs, but similarly throughout the fight using sig 200 allows you to hit into block regardless of the phase and not worry about picking up shocks.

Being able to tap the defenders block does two things:
    - keeps you close preventing root
    - just as importantly encourages the defender to throw specials.

There was an easy rhythm with the 5* that I just didn't get with the 7* allowing me to continuously get Nebula to throw her sp1.

Anyone struggling with a higher rarity, but lower sig Angela might want to give it a crack.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 815 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Webby72 said:

Angela is by far best for metal god. I can never get a solo in these fights and got one first try.

Probably the easiest solo I've got in any eop ever ....I love her. So underrated
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Corkscrew said:

Super high sig Angela is underrated in this fight just due to AI manipulation.

Did this fight with a 5r5 sig 200 unascended and a 7r1 sig 80 and the difference was night and day.

The initial ramp is easier as you're acquiring buffs, but similarly throughout the fight using sig 200 allows you to hit into block regardless of the phase and not worry about picking up shocks.

Being able to tap the defenders block does two things:
    - keeps you close preventing root
    - just as importantly encourages the defender to throw specials.

There was an easy rhythm with the 5* that I just didn't get with the 7* allowing me to continuously get Nebula to throw her sp1.

Anyone struggling with a higher rarity, but lower sig Angela might want to give it a crack.

I don't have the option of a 7*, but Ascended my 5/65 a while back because she's so useful in questing.

With a few small+10%/+15% boosts (and a 4* Thor relic), I got 98% health and decided to just use a revive rather than go again for the solo.

Like you said - she can play perfectly normally, stick close and bait Heavies/Special Attacks.
    I don't think I got rooted a single time.
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 569 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    vertiGo said:

Maybe it's because I tend to play around autoblock in other ways, but should Nebula be able to start attacking / dash / throw a special the instant "autoblock" appears?

I'm trying to use Surfer for the objective, but getting absolutely no where as autoblock prompt pops and I instantly eat a 5 combo whilst in the middle of my attack animation. It's even been affecting phase where surfer is unresponsive (won't dash back, or block) but because autoblock pops nebula seems to be able to restart a combo

I've noticed the same thing, has screwed up a couple promising runs, but only really seems to happen with surfer of the characters I've tried against her. I've also had her do a well timed block against my heavy when I had enough buffs that she shouldn't have been able to resist it and put a bunch of shocks on me while playing odin.