**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Act 5 Chapter 2

Comments

• FthewiggFthewigg Posts: 104
    edited June 2017
    How's that 4☆ rankup gem looking now?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    5.2 rewards is a slap in the face of the players. KABAM does not care about the people who play their game, which is why players are quitting in droves. Just look at the Rocket thread. Only 1.3M people claimed the Button. That's awful for a game that has 50M+ downloads.

Don't treat you players like **** and they'll stick around longer.
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    Is there a benefit to getting 'Grandmasters Favour' as quickly as possible?

Does it actually do anything?
  • Xerxes15Xerxes15 Posts: 6
    Noobeeus wrote: »
    Is there a benefit to getting 'Grandmasters Favour' as quickly as possible?

Does it actually do anything?

Its just a stupid title
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Either way, there were no groundbreaking Rewards in Chapter 2 of any other Act, and at one point, that was a challenge to most people.

Completely disagree on this point. Every chapter in act 4 gives an extra mastery point which to this day is still "ground breaking" considering that is the only place to get those once you are already at summoner level 60.

Well, for the moment they have a limited number of Mastery Points in the game. I would like to see more, but they've stated they have no plans of adding more at the moment. That may change.

I think you may have missed my point. You previously stated there were no ground breaking rewards in chapter 2 of any other act. I simply begged to differ and offered the mastery points in all chapters of act 4 as an example. I am not asking for more mastery points in the rewards, and I am fully aware Kabam has no intent to include those in act 5 or anywhere else for that matter hence they are an extremely rare and valuable item that can only be obtained in all four chapters of act 4. I would like to see some type of rewards considered of high value and rarity included in the chapters for act 5. (ie. T2 Alphas, 5* Awakening Gems, Rank Down tickets, etc.)

The 4* garbage just doesn't really motivate me. Not just because I have plenty of r5 4*, but also because most 4* champs just aren't that good in comaprison to 5* champs since 12.0/1 updates and also almost all of the 4* champs are gonna be available as 5* now or in the very near future.
  • ADDZZADDZZ Posts: 71
    This is completely ridiculous. I have a stacked roster of rank 5 4*, and I'm finding this the biggest money grabbing load of BS since LoL.

Legit half these maps don't require any skill whatsoever. It's just a blatant bottomless units pit.

The rewards ARENT EVEN CLOSE to compensating us for the difficulty of some of these nodes. You said the difficulty would be similar to RTTL, but you're forgetting that RTTL was only 1 path.

Complete rubbish, I definitely won't bother with 100% exploration - not for a single t4c anyway.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Either way, there were no groundbreaking Rewards in Chapter 2 of any other Act, and at one point, that was a challenge to most people.

Completely disagree on this point. Every chapter in act 4 gives an extra mastery point which to this day is still "ground breaking" considering that is the only place to get those once you are already at summoner level 60.

Well, for the moment they have a limited number of Mastery Points in the game. I would like to see more, but they've stated they have no plans of adding more at the moment. That may change.

I think you may have missed my point. You previously stated there were no ground breaking rewards in chapter 2 of any other act. I simply begged to differ and offered the mastery points in all chapters of act 4 as an example. I am not asking for more mastery points in the rewards, and I am fully aware Kabam has no intent to include those in act 5 or anywhere else for that matter hence they are an extremely rare and valuable item that can only be obtained in all four chapters of act 4. I would like to see some type of rewards considered of high value and rarity included in the chapters for act 5. (ie. T2 Alphas, 5* Awakening Gems, Rank Down tickets, etc.)

The 4* garbage just doesn't really motivate me. Not just because I have plenty of r5 4*, but also because most 4* champs just aren't that good in comaprison to 5* champs since 12.0/1 updates and also almost all of the 4* champs are gonna be available as 5* now or in the very near future.

People are devaluing 4*'s, but that doesn't mean they don't have value. That's an opinion, and the idea that 5*'s are phasing out 4*'s is just not accurate.
    You have an instant Rank Up. In terms of the value of Resources necessary to do so, that's nothing to be blasé about. A 5* Awakening Gem would not necessarily be a Reward for Chapter 2. I could see it as Act Completion perhaps.
    12.0.1 added crossover CR. Which means an R3 5* is the same as an R5 4*. An R4 5* is higher, but not enough to phase out 4*'s completely. They're just preferred more by those who focus more on 5*'s. If you want to know more about the gap in the interactions of an R5 4* and an R4 5*, have a look here. It's not that huge.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/2317/challenger-rating-explained#latest

As for Rank Down Tickets, they're not currently used as any type of a Reward. They're only intended to be used when any significant change comes to a Champ that changes its integrity or main functioning, (commonly known as nerfs). They're not meant to be Rewards. Not at this stage in the game, anyway. That's been stated many times.
    I suppose they could have included a T2A, but again, we don't see Rewards increase much in any Act between Chapter 1 and 2. Possibly Chapter 3 and 4, they might. It's meant to be a challenge. The greater Rewards always come for latter Chapters and Act Completion.
    It's a permanent part of the game, and it has a build-up just like the other Acts. It's great that some are able to get through it as soon as it's released, but it's meant to be a challenge. The Rewards are on par with the scale up that we see in the other Acts of Story Mode. We have yet to see Chapters 3 and 4, where Rewards are always better, and the Completion Rewards which are the best.
  • BreenioBreenio Posts: 115
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    I have a question about Power Shield node.
    If our basic attacks don't deal damage but still cause debuffs, and if our special attacks cause 400% more damage, then will the damage from debuffs from special attacks be increased? Like, Hyperion 1st special (incinerate), Deadpool 2nd special (bleed), etc.

Yeah they do in 5.3.1 I basically used a team of SW hyperion Widow rogue and hawkeye. Bleed from Hawkeye l1 is insane and hyperion incinerate just destroys opponents. The synergies in this team had more power gain to help get to specials quicker. Hope that helps.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Nc can not reliably evade any sp. Now take into account that his are unblockable and that he reduces ability accuracy. I can't see nc evading a single sp yet alone enough to be effective

Now you can always just run another path and record it. If you found the truck the community will be grateful. It just doesn't past the logic test
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Have fun 100% this with your R4 4*s lol.

Just beat it. will 100% later thanks @RagamugginGunner
    With r4 4*? lol you're either lying, broke the bank, or used a ton of revives saved in some form - especially on the collector.

Its really funny how just because you cant do something, nobody else can. dude you just need a little more practice! and yes used almost only 440s! on collector i brought 550 NC aswell! used all my champs once + revived NC 3 times to beat him! thats 8 fights to beats him! if you seriously think thats sooo good i gotta be lying, then you seriously are not good at this game

Course you did, we all believe you

Dont really care haha! must be one of those guys that cant beat it with r4 5* and crying because someone does it with r4 4*

Na, just one of those guys that live in the real world and doesn't have to make up fantasies about things that never happened

The more time that goes by, and the more people who figure out collector and post it on forum, the more and more you gonna feel so stupid! go practice son

No reason for back and forth. Just share your ign and we can view your profile and titles and that would prove your point
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    Have fun 100% this with your R4 4*s lol.

Just beat it. will 100% later thanks @RagamugginGunner
    With r4 4*? lol you're either lying, broke the bank, or used a ton of revives saved in some form - especially on the collector.

Its really funny how just because you cant do something, nobody else can. dude you just need a little more practice! and yes used almost only 440s! on collector i brought 550 NC aswell! used all my champs once + revived NC 3 times to beat him! thats 8 fights to beats him! if you seriously think thats sooo good i gotta be lying, then you seriously are not good at this game

Course you did, we all believe you

Dont really care haha! must be one of those guys that cant beat it with r4 5* and crying because someone does it with r4 4*

Na, just one of those guys that live in the real world and doesn't have to make up fantasies about things that never happened

The more time that goes by, and the more people who figure out collector and post it on forum, the more and more you gonna feel so stupid! go practice son

No reason for back and forth. Just share your ign and we can view your profile and titles and that would prove your point

That only proves that i beat it, not how many revives i used, the only thing good enough for these guys is if i take another run and record it

I'll settle for the ign, let's have it Dad
    It would show your profile with no high ranked 5* or many 5/50 4* and the title. Unless you are saying that you are so skilled that you chose to use 4/40 champs on your first run to add to the challenge
  • The_Savage_AncientThe_Savage_Ancient Posts: 134
    Are there limited "uncollected" titles? Or can we get this anytime that we finish 5.2? @Kabam Miike Can you please help.
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    ign : ThaOneNonli. and yeah my champs for quests are 440, guilly, sw, rogue and GR are awesome path cleaners all 440. add me on line (jezzter123) if you need anything more...use only 440 for map 6 aswell

Yeah same for me. I usually run maxed 2*s on map 6. They tear it up.
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    ign : ThaOneNonli. and yeah my champs for quests are 440, guilly, sw, rogue and GR are awesome path cleaners all 440. add me on line (jezzter123) if you need anything more...use only 440 for map 6 aswell

Thanks, can someone at kabam please investigate and confirm that this account was able to clear as claimed. Prob should also check to ensure no mods were used also. Thanks

I don't need anything just figured it would end the back and forth. Your claims look plausible based on profile and title
  • Minkl3Minkl3 Posts: 129
    Just did Chapter 5.2 last night, the rewards are not worth the effort at all.