**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Really disappointed in the New Year's offer.

I think everyone really expected to see a 5* awakening gem offer. Although newer players need t4, most of us have no need for it. I'd happily pony up $100+ for a gem. Bummed.

Comments

• NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    I knew there wasn't going to be an awakening gem deal, I just expected something a bit more enticing. I'm really not that surprised since last year they had the same type of deal.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    I really hope no one buys that offer, it's so bad
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    Why does everyone feel like they should buy every offer? I want offers to be really good so I think it’s worth it or really bad (like this one) so I can let it go without question. If the offer sucks, save your money and wait for a good one. Don’t get what the problem is
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Because almost every offer sucks, and people thought a holiday may be the time when a good one came out?

I can't think of a recent offer, other than .99$ crystal, that even made me look twice.
  • Well I’m trying to be positively constructive on this but the other posts have been closed with a “this offer isn’t for everyone” closer. That is fine that it is not for everyone but why now have admin run a poll for what should have been. I think a large consensus of the community were expecting awakening gems for 5*. I mean there have been numerous posts on that subject alone. If you run a month where 5* awarded through arena or monthly calendars why not offer up the awakening for it as a bonus?
  • EzioEzio Posts: 40
    Yup, these deals are for the whales. Nothing great for players that can't afford these prices.
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    Ezio wrote: »
    Yup, these deals are for the whales. Nothing great for players that can't afford these prices.

Ehhhhh... the whales need t4cs the least. Seriously most of them have dozens of unopened t4c crystals. These seem aimed at mid tier players aren't already maxed out on t4cs. But it seems over priced for those folks. So honestly I have no idea who these would be for.

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Well I’m trying to be positively constructive on this but the other posts have been closed with a “this offer isn’t for everyone” closer. That is fine that it is not for everyone but why now have admin run a poll for what should have been. I think a large consensus of the community were expecting awakening gems for 5*. I mean there have been numerous posts on that subject alone. If you run a month where 5* awarded through arena or monthly calendars why not offer up the awakening for it as a bonus?
    They can do better than that poll with the sales data they obtain from the offer.

Not sure why people were expecting awakening gems when the offers are fairly consistent across time and this was evidenced by all offers this month.
  • I was hoping for 6* colossus in new year deals :(
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Printing money is cheap, that doesn't mean you want to dump a bunch of it in the economy. I agree 100% that they need to update their deal structure this far into the life of a game, but the idea that pixels are free and should be handed out as such isn't a viable option in regards to the long term health of a game.

It's a fine balance between enticing and overpowering, and while that line has shifted without the deals shifting to match, they still have to walk it.

The deals this holiday season were just terrible though.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    CoquiFongo wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Well I’m trying to be positively constructive on this but the other posts have been closed with a “this offer isn’t for everyone” closer. That is fine that it is not for everyone but why now have admin run a poll for what should have been. I think a large consensus of the community were expecting awakening gems for 5*. I mean there have been numerous posts on that subject alone. If you run a month where 5* awarded through arena or monthly calendars why not offer up the awakening for it as a bonus?
    They can do better than that poll with the sales data they obtain from the offer.

Not sure why people were expecting awakening gems when the offers are fairly consistent across time and this was evidenced by all offers this month.

True awakening gems are not consistent with the past. Instead of this deal they should have had a R4 for 5 Star deal for the $100 price point, and 5/50 4 Star for the $50 and so on.

The $100 deal alone is confusing. Beginning players do not have a use for it, end game players have all the mats but T2As, and mid tier could use it but instead of a decent price point the "tacked on" t2As to raise the cost.

Kabamed again.
    Not sure what you’re saying but everyone had the opportunity to play an arena early this month for a 5* and now with thier x-mas gift cards they have an opportunity to take that champ to r3. Every player in the game has potential to use that deal. The cost is the same as last year with a little extra.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    X_Scott wrote: »
    I really hope no one buys that offer, it's so bad

bought the $10 offer .. need dem t1a's ... so THIRSTY
  • FineFine Posts: 78
    Yeah I needed the T1a as well. Kabam hooks me pretty good and I usually get the decent offers. I was just disappointed in no 5* awakening deal.

Maybe have Uncollected offers???..... Theres stuff for the rabble, then stuff for us whales. Just an idea.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    These deals are always horrible. You can buy two console games for what you pay to level up one champ in the mobile game. They will keep offering these outrageous “deals” as long as people keep throwing their money at them.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    The problem with this month deal is that tier 2 alpha has been more available recently but the deal treated it as if it was the same supply as 6 months ago. The price for 6000 fragments was way too high it should be 12000 fragments total instead.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    CoquiFongo wrote: »
    Hey KABAM!!!

I and others have said it multiple times change up the way you offer deals. This all in one package stuff sucks and is not what the community wants.

Here are some simple ideas you won't impliment:
    -3 Star rank up daily card-$10
    -4 star rank up daily card-$25
    -5 star rank up daily card-$50
    -T1A daily card-$20
    -T2A daly card-$75

Wow it's like I have a marketing/PR degree and have been doing customer service for over 20 years....

My suspicion is that the monetization person at Kabam has sales data which trumps your guess as to what their customer base wants to spend money on.