**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Quake AI Whiff Bug [Not A Bug]

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
edited January 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
I’m experiencing an issue with the AI against Quake I haven’t seen before. The standard strategy with Quake is to charge her heavy, let autoevade save you from the AI’s first attempt at hitting you and then parry the second. Rinse and repeat.

However, with Stark tech champs as well as a couple of others, I’ve noticed that on the second attempt to hit Quake (after the auto evade), the AI simply “whiffs”—meaning, it throws an artificially short punch and doesn’t make contact with her block. Visually, it looks like the AI swings in place without moving forward.

This is important because if the AI can’t make contact with her block, she can’t parry and start the heavy charging cycle all over again. And more importantly, the third attempt to hit by the AI doesn’t trigger her auto evade, meaning she is likely to get hit by the third attack.

Charging the heavy with auto evade on the first attack and the ability to parry the second (excepting Drax, true strike champs, and Iceman under Coldsnap, all of which bypass the autoevade) is central to using Quake. Any diminishing of that ability alters her usefulness greatly.

Obviously, this is a big issue for me—I have both 4/5* Quake on my profile. If her mechanics are broken, they need to be fixed. If it was intentional, then the game team should have made that known openly and Quake owners should be given some relief.

Dr. Zola
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    I've experienced this on a few occasions
    Against modok, Hyperion,Thor and Jane foster Thor
    In open spaces their second attack after quake evades always whiffs
    Which throws me off game
    It begins to work right when I'm backed into a corner
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Noticed this against iron man
  • Jones979Jones979 Posts: 84
    I have also noticed this. Throws her whole thing off.
  • When concussion or aftershock goes off and i parry i try to do her heavy again and she doesnt even do it
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Here’s a photo example (having trouble getting the video to upload). What’s happened is that Quake parried Thor and now has evaded Thor’s first attack passively, and this is his second attack (a kick). Even though he’s pretty much inside her hit box and I haven’t moved her at all, he doesn’t make contact and she can’t parry him again as a result.

To date, I’ve noticed it against Thor, Ultron, IM, WM and IP. I suspect something happens to her hit box or to the length of the hit by the AI after she autoevades.

Will upload a few videos as soon as my system stops glitching. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious is there any way you can get the team to put this on the list of bugs under investigation?

Dr. Zola

wivzvy7pqx54.png
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Whats a quest i can do to record this? The one i found with stark champs have true strike so it doesn't work.

Edit: found some, but of course when I'm recording it won't do it.
    I actually first saw it in the Labs. Initially at easiest level, then through all of them. I probably didn’t notice it at first, thinking I had somehow messed up the Quake parry mechanics. Also, it doesn’t happen against every opponent. For example, the leg kick females (BW, Storm, Magik, CM) don’t do it. It’s more of the champs with upsweep attacks—uppercut, kick up.

I actually have the Thor example recorded now. But for some reason I can’t get it onto forums post.

Dr. Zola
    edited January 2018
    Couple more screen grabs, this time with War Machine. After getting parried, he swings with his left hand at Quake and she autoevades. This sequence is his uppercut after the autoevade. Essentially, he swings at air—doesn’t hit Quake, nor does she have a chance to block or parry. 4d4yqb8837tg.png
    ay7333lhoch7.png
    6k0z2m9xncvw.png
    854a6ol69uco.png
    The result is a lost chance to re-parry. He fails to move forward at all, which he would need to do to make contact with Quake or her block. It looks like a spacing-hit box issue to me, but I can’t be sure.

Dr. Zola
    So I see the thread has been moved to the Bugs page—where it belongs, honestly, but I may have accidentally posted to General.

That means it has been noticed. Any chance we could get a comment on this from the team now that you know it exists?

Dr. Zola
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey there @DrZola. I'm going to send this up to the team right now, and I'll let you know once I hear back. Thanks!
    edited January 2018
    Thank you @Kabam Wolf

Dr. Zola
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey folks. I wanted to post an update on this. I did some further testing with this, and spoke to the team, and this is working as intended. This also affects other champs with evade abilities, like Nightcrawler. Since this is not a bug, I'm going to go ahead and close out the thread. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.