**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are you lucky with 5*??

Comments

• DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    It’s pretty widespread. We got 1-5% (so 5000 5* shards) in the gifting event. Just looking at the alliance ticker for the last hour all absolute trash 5* pulls in my ally: HB, 2x KK, Groot, She Hulk, LC.
    My last were: Groot, DD Netflix, Juggs, Cable, and MoonKnight.
    Out of 12 I own, 2 are good: Miles and HE.
    Something seems fishy with the 5* crystals for sure
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    I've been real lucky: Duped Captain America, Captain Marvel, Ghost Rider, and most recently Dormammu.
    An alliance mate has not been so fortunate: BPCW, Beast, King Groot, Iron Man...
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Treybone wrote: »
    Just pulled DD classic to go with my Luke Cage, She Hulk and Kamala Khan... I have been on the worst run of 5* since we received all these 5* shards in December.

I tried to hoard 3 to 4 5* crystals and received Falcon, Captain America Classic, Black Panther (Civil War) and Magneto...

I just downgraded my Duped Rhino just so I could save the resources for a better champ.. I asked ally mates if I should R3 Cap or YJ but they voted that I should hold out until something better comes along.. I think I should start saving for featured and see if my luck gets any better there...

16 5* champs and only Rhino UC IF and Cyclops are duped

Here are my unduped champs:

Gambit
    Guilly
    Storm
    She Hulk
    Yellow Jacket
    Captain America (Classic)
    Kamala Khan
    Falcon
    Black Panther (Civil War)
    Magneto
    Luke Cage
    DD (Classic)

Storm was my first champ... hopefully a dupe comes soon. Still waiting to R4 someone as I have been suggested to wait.

Did I miss something, since when is DD classic/og DD in the 5* crystal? Netflix DD is in there, but the og 1? And og DD should be nowhere near a worst pull, but rather an awesome pull (especialle duped).

Last few pulls have been prety sweet for me: Magik, DV, Ultron. But also duped Rhino, got Cap Am, and there was a Gambit not too long ago.
  • puretexan_23puretexan_23 Posts: 21
    I got Storm, Hulk buster, Spider man, Black Panther(MCU), Drax, Phoenix, Ronan, then Ghost Rider.
  • Oh i've just pulled rhino.. F*** kabam
  • AryanNoobAryanNoob Posts: 51
    BP CW,Dormammu,WS,OG spidey. FML
  • SuperSam57SuperSam57 Posts: 325
    AA, Hulk buster, spider gwen x2, Ronan, Howard the duck...... All crappy but AA.
  • tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★
    jv3ladldre38.jpg

Yeah... Duped 2 worst 5 stars... No good champs...
  • KarimRagabKarimRagab Posts: 62
    Pulled 5* Ronan 4 times !

R4ed him before as to please Kabam Gods and will rank him down finally now with RDT...
    No other champ to R4 yet except CM for more than 2 years playing...
  • NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    I saved for this month, because up till it, I had pulled a solid 5* in iceman for a featured. The saved crystals were Red cyclops(dupe), Venompool(dupe), Antman(dupe), Falcon, and Ultron. I wasn''t pleased, but at least Ultron was decent. With all the shards this month, I pulled several more, CW, Beast, Crossbones, X-23, Nebula, and Howard. It was nice to get a couple solid champs, but nothing that will really push me past where I am currently with my duped 4* versions(Crossbones, Ultron, and x-23). Hard to justify any of them for my second r4, because they wont make my LoL trip any easier for the materials for a 3rd r4.
  • Cptnkillr_89Cptnkillr_89 Posts: 56
    yewqc1apuho3.png
    Not bad not great.. I’ll take it tho.
  • AshburnAshburn Posts: 270
    3acuufw267kd.png
    I'm kinda content I guess...hope I can at least pull a demigod tier champ in the next opening
  • KHALAMKHALAM Posts: 1
    Where do you get all those 5* from? Took me a month to get my first one today..... Got a 5* Dormammu
  • HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
    evjgh0v8j4wf.jpg

I am 100% on featured 5 Stars. Only went for 2 though.

Just like the rest of us, gotta pickup the trash before I can find the gold.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    Most recent to least recent
    Phoenix, Mordo, Ghost rider, Beast & Karnak
  • Jones979Jones979 Posts: 84
    Most recent for me were, King Groot, Dr Voodoo, Cyclops dupe, Quake dupe, and Drax dupe.
  • Av3to_Av3to_ Posts: 48
    Spider-Gwen and Venom
  • ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★
    edited January 2018
    My last 4 pulls were aa, sim, luke cage, luke cage in that order

Edit: I'm 0/12 on featured crystals as well.
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    My last 5 in order (as best as I can remember):

Groot dupe
    Hood
    Symbiote Spidey (5.4 first clear)
    AA (last pull of 2017, used my mutant awaken gem from LoL)
    Iceman (first pull of 2018)

Also have duped x23, duped SL, duped Civil War Panther, duped Juggy, duped Ronan, Mordo, Hulk and then a whole lot of nonsense. Can't complain. Can't complain at all.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    DrZola wrote: »
    Short answer: No.

Longer answer: The 5* crystal is a joke.

Dr. Zola

The problem is that people want a game changer as a 5*. To expect that after a few pulls is folly; however, to expect that after 30 or more 5* pulls isn’t.

The question is whether that is a statement about the crystals or our expectations. I recently duped my Elektra. I don't think Elektra is a game-changing 5*. But the interesting question is why not. Elektra isn't bad, it is just that Blade and Gwenpool are better. If Blade and Gwenpool didn't exist, I might r4 the Elektra and in the current state of the game she probably would be game-changing. If game-changing is judged not based on how strong the champion is relative to the content, but rather how strong the champion is compared to the absolute best champions, it will always be hard to have a game-changing champion. Because there are only two possibilities in that case: only a few are, or none are. They can't all be, because if all the champions were equally powerful, they would all be judged equally mediocre. That's just how people's perceptions work.
  • I'll just throw this out if you don't spend your not gonna get good champs....Ive really noticed it since I stopped spending I don't get full call cats anymore 4s and 5s are pure garbage so I've just quit opening them...i can't really complain because I've done really well but Kabam punishes you for not spending and the only way you will pull good stuff is to spend period the end!
  • My last pulls were miles,Howard, rocket ,antman and old man logan so yeah Kabam hates me
  • doobiebrotherdoobiebrother Posts: 14
    Jane and dormammu. Dont have and others. I consider myself lucky
  • AgentOfSHIELDAgentOfSHIELD Posts: 50
    spidey, BP, Juggs, HB, Thor JF, OML, Karnak, CW, Elektra and flixdevil none awakened and all trash except possibly elektra
  • Ou_YeahOu_Yeah Posts: 45
    Only great one is SL (unduped).
    Meh: Juggs * 3, Venompool, OG Spidey, OG BP, Gambit???
    Bad: SpiderGwen, IP, IM, Magneto
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Ou_Yeah wrote: »
    Only great one is SL (unduped).
    Meh: Juggs * 3, Venompool, OG Spidey, OG BP, Gambit???
    Bad: SpiderGwen, IP, IM, Magneto

At least Mags helps the OP crit syn team
  • SuraSura Posts: 89
    I only have three 5*s.
    IF
    Karnack
    Cyclops blue

I didn't and won't rank them at all. Resources are too valuable on bad champs, compared to much better 4* champs.