**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

R4 5* gwenpool (awakened), or 5* Magik (awakened)?

as the title suggests. magik is sig lvl 40, just duped gwenpool today, both sitting at r3, 45/45.

Comments

• unknownunknown Posts: 378
    edited January 2018
    as the title suggests. magik is sig lvl 40, just duped gwenpool today, both sitting at r3, 45/45.

I hate you :p
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »
    I honestly have to say Magik, as much as it pains me. Her power control is just too reliable and too effective, and it's a life-saver in questing.

I’d have to disagree. The thing with magiks power lock is that yes it is awesome, but with 5.2 and onwards, the block damage is so high that even parry takes a chunk out of your health. And if opponent has no power then you have to parry or intercept, both of which can get you a bunch of health off. But if they use their special then you can dodge it and attack.

Now I’m not knocking magiks utility but I think she is fine at rank 3, especially when compared to gwenpool who is, simply put, bloody brilliant.

So I say Gwenpool

I disagree. I've used 4 star Magik mostly to explore act 5.4. Yes the block damage is high, but the opponents are very aggressive so you can do standing intercepts in the corner very easily. So you don't have to parry or take block damage.
  • Ricardo60289Ricardo60289 Posts: 369
    Magik. Helps you take down AW MD 4/5 Mystic Barriers effectively. Also helps you Power Control those some of those nasty hard to evade specials from Act 5 enemies.
    Or
    Gwenpool if you run 5/5 Deep Wounds. Her bleeds stack up very nicely plus you get some decent Peestige from her vs Magik having a Low Prestige. Your account, so you pull the trigger. Does your roster need a Good Power Control champ can also combat MD barriers in AW attack phases or would you prefer a Higher Prestige champ that can stun/Bleed enemies to their deaths.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    edited January 2018
    Yea, all bs aside, GP is definitely the better champ to rank up...considering you have deep wounds. She hits hard and she bleeds out champs like crazy, and she stuns, and she doesnt have to be duped to be bad ass
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    GP
  • TellthemIAMTellthemIAM Posts: 169
    Tough call for sure but I would go with GP for the higher damage and ability accuracy reduction.
  • KrazewulfosKrazewulfos Posts: 165
    BrotherVo wrote: »
    So you have both magik and gwenpool? There's a round in the hell for the unreal lucky like you
    I also have antman awakened, rhino, Spider-Man, and SIM. my hulk isn't awakened or he would be r4 right now, and juggs I don't have much use for atm, nor quake.
    Gwenpool if you run 5/5 Deep Wounds. Her bleeds stack up very nicely plus you get some decent Peestige from her vs Magik having a Low Prestige. Your account, so you pull the trigger. Does your roster need a Good Power Control champ can also combat MD barriers in AW attack phases or would you prefer a Higher Prestige champ that can stun/Bleed enemies to their deaths.

my max 4* DV is pretty good on power control and ability accuracy reduction (specials on odd combo).
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    I would R4 your Gwepool. It'd more more efficient.
  • ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    Gwenpool b'coz i love to use Bleed champions
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Magik. I have both 5*s as r4 and chose to take Magik instead of GP to r5. The most common uncontrollable thing that can kill you is power gain to sp3 and Magik handles that exceptionally well. She can also double as a defender so she’s more versatile in usage.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Both great options but Magik.
  • ZabirZabir Posts: 76
    Lol you dont even have a 5* magik or gwenpool
    I took up gwenpool, magik is next. thanks guys.
    Zabir wrote: »
    Lol you dont even have a 5* magik or gwenpool

I have both.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    I think, u don't have them. If u have them, u'll definitely rank 4 magic bcoz u'll know who is more useful.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Rank both lol

Seriously though gwenpool
    Imran wrote: »
    I think, u don't have them. If u have them, u'll definitely rank 4 magic bcoz u'll know who is more useful.
    I mean, I'm ranking magik eventually, but I went with gwenpool, and definitely not regretting it.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    oo, very tough choice. GP is AMAZING and one of my favorites but Magik has been such a useful, incredible lifesaver. Honestly, utility wise, Magik... for a shinier, sexier profile, Gwenpool.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    That's who I'm after gwenpool but they keep teasing lol
  • Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 130
    Gwenpool has a decent power lock also and a great ability reduction..
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Gwenpool
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    Magik for sure. Power control is wat better, will save u a lot time.