**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Announcing Event Quest: The Age of Sentry [Updated: Jan 2nd - 21:18 pm PDT]

Comments

• Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    edited January 2018
    Tier 1 Alpha Catalysts are available in lots of other places, and we know you all want more of them, but this is not going to be the place to get them. Keep an eye out as we move to make these more available in the future.

Tier 1 Alpha Catalysts were in the Greater Gifting Crystals. I exchanged over 200 GGC and managed to build up some decent stash. Now that GGCs are no longer available, is there a replacement to the source of T1As from GGCs?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Soooo are we getting another heal block + unavoidable damage fight like last months ice Phoenix? @Kabam Miike
  • ShadowNetShadowNet Posts: 95
    edited January 2018
    One way to make them "more managable" is to not have them... so can we expect dormammus and such to be unawakened? Because at 20k pi, any kind of degen from dorm is a done deal...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    There was nothing thing in uncollected last go around that someone who was uncollected shouldn’t have been able to beat. Unavoidable damage sucks but even ice Phoenix could be killed in 1 to 2 champs depending on who you used

Well, that was true for the modified Ice Phoenix, but the original version required perfect play with high health 4/55s to have any chance at all. I'm presuming @Kabam Miike is indicating that the devs are going to be more cautious relative to the original version. They may also have some datamining results from the first uncollected run that will tune their difficulty for future monthlies.
  • Jsun22Jsun22 Posts: 6
    ShadowNet wrote: »
    One way to make them "more managable" is to not have them... so can we expect dormammus and such to be unawakened? Because at 20k pi, any kind of degen from dorm is a done deal...

These Champions exist in the Contest, and you will have to come up against them every now and again. They're not gonna go away, but over time, you will be better equipped to handle them.

I won't be giving away any of the encounters though! So you'll just have to wait and see!

@ mike so "over time be better equipped to handle them" any chance we will be able to spend x amount of 5* shards or 6* shards to get a champ that we want. Some champion rosters have a significant advantage to conquer content over others. It has gotten much better since the big change so more champions are useful.
    Also, any chance we will no longer requireceive exploration of heroic prior to opening master level, perhaps only require heroic is completed 1st? Thanks for considerations
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,300 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Jsun22 wrote: »
    Also, any chance we will no longer requireceive exploration of heroic prior to opening master level, perhaps only require heroic is completed 1st? Thanks for considerations

Totally support this one... Please make the master key a reward for completion of heroic, not exploration... :/
    edited January 2018
    Cihag wrote: »

Totally support this one... Please make the master key a reward for completion of heroic, not exploration... :/
    It's available for purchase now, if people want to bypass Exploration.

Yeah... I know... 300 units, which in Kabam's in-game-economy shall be worth more than 10 bucks... For skipping content that is auto-fight material in the first place... What do you think about this? Is it a reasonable price tag? Should such a system be in place at all?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★

It's available for purchase now, if people want to bypass Exploration.

Yeah... I know... 300 units, which in Kabam's in-game-economy shall be worth more than 10 bucks... For skipping content that is auto-fight material in the first place... What do you think about this? Is it a reasonable price tag? Should such a system be in place at all?

Well, it's a requirement that we Explore Heroic. People wanted a way to bypass it, so they gave one. If they were going to remove it completely, I assume they would have done it. We have to remember that it's not just people who are bored to tears with it that are playing.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    edited January 2018

These Champions exist in the Contest, and you will have to come up against them every now and again. They're not gonna go away, but over time, you will be better equipped to handle them.

I won't be giving away any of the encounters though! So you'll just have to wait and see!

@Kabam Miike All the difficult champions in the contest have realistic counters except one. Champions like iceman, magik, mephisto, spider-man are all tough champions to face but we have in-game counters to manage them in any difficulty. All except Dormammu. The sole reason Dormammu is so difficult is because his degeneration is passive. That means it does not trigger willpower (which triggers against iceman's coldsnap) and that characters like rogue who have innate passive abilities to reduce debuff times on themself have no effect at all on his degeneration. There is no other champion in the game who inflicts passive degeneration. Mordo and Cable both can cause degeneration but they are not passive. Changing his degeneration from passive to non-passive would allow us to plan for him and bring characters such as rogue who can counter his degen at uncollected-level attack modifiers. We could even manage having his signature ability being awakened as the Alliance Quest boss if his degeneration is changed from passive to non-passive.

Just wanted to share this thought with you while we were on the topic of tough champions to face especially in the uncollected difficulty.
    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    edited January 2018

@Kabam Miike All the difficult champions in the contest have realistic counters except one. Champions like iceman, magik, mephisto, spider-man are all tough champions to face but we have in-game counters to manage them in any difficulty. All except Dormammu. The sole reason Dormammu is so difficult is because his degeneration is passive. That means it does not trigger willpower (which triggers against iceman's coldsnap) and that characters like rogue who have innate passive abilities to reduce debuff times on themself have no effect at all on his degeneration. There is no other champion in the game who inflicts passive degeneration. Mordo and Cable both can cause degeneration but they are not passive. Changing his degeneration from passive to non-passive would allow us to plan for him and bring characters such as rogue who can counter his degen at uncollected-level attack modifiers. We could even manage having his signature ability being awakened as the Alliance Quest boss if his degeneration is changed from passive to non-passive.

Just wanted to share this thought with you while we were on the topic of tough champions to face especially in the uncollected difficulty.

This kind of brings up the question of what a "valid counter" is. Ice Phoenix's cold snap had counters, but there was significant discussion over whether the available options was reasonable. It mostly came down to having one of a small set of special abilities which reduced or eliminated the cold snap damage. Technically, simply having a lot of health was also a valid counter to cold snap that not everyone agreed was reasonable. The original version required more health than most 4/55s had, but the modified one only delivered about 11k of damage which virtually any 5/50 or 3/45 could take (albeit with very little health left in some cases). Are these "valid counters" if you need specific champs or specific rank ups?

Dormammu doesn't have a specific counter ability, but it does have a counter of sorts. Use champions that don't have self buffs, and don't trigger dexterity. Dormammu's degen is a reaction to expiring buffs. That's definitely a counter. Is it a valid counter if the counter is a tactic rather than an ability?

In another game I played a while ago the players worked with the devs to create a sort of informal "bill of rights" that outlined what was "fair" and what was "not fair" to expose players to. Things like unavoidable damage was considered something to be restricted, and things like effects that would turn your attacks against your fellow players would be strictly limited. In every case where these things came up, players could open a dialog with the devs to see if they should be reduced. I don't know if something like that is possible here, and I don't know if a consensus could be reached even if it was. But absent something like that, I don't think these discussions tend to go anywhere interesting, because everyone seems to have their own ideas of what is fair, and we don't have any idea where the devs are on this subject. I feel like they think everything is fair game, and I don't think that's always the healthiest position to take. Because it encourages players to think likewise.

In a perfect world, I think the devs would shoot straight and just say "this is what we think is fair in the current state of the game." But I don't think I live in that world.
    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

This kind of brings up the question of what a "valid counter" is. Ice Phoenix's cold snap had counters, but there was significant discussion over whether the available options was reasonable. It mostly came down to having one of a small set of special abilities which reduced or eliminated the cold snap damage. Technically, simply having a lot of health was also a valid counter to cold snap that not everyone agreed was reasonable. The original version required more health than most 4/55s had, but the modified one only delivered about 11k of damage which virtually any 5/50 or 3/45 could take (albeit with very little health left in some cases). Are these "valid counters" if you need specific champs or specific rank ups?

Dormammu doesn't have a specific counter ability, but it does have a counter of sorts. Use champions that don't have self buffs, and don't trigger dexterity. Dormammu's degen is a reaction to expiring buffs. That's definitely a counter. Is it a valid counter if the counter is a tactic rather than an ability?

In another game I played a while ago the players worked with the devs to create a sort of informal "bill of rights" that outlined what was "fair" and what was "not fair" to expose players to. Things like unavoidable damage was considered something to be restricted, and things like effects that would turn your attacks against your fellow players would be strictly limited. In every case where these things came up, players could open a dialog with the devs to see if they should be reduced. I don't know if something like that is possible here, and I don't know if a consensus could be reached even if it was. But absent something like that, I don't think these discussions tend to go anywhere interesting, because everyone seems to have their own ideas of what is fair, and we don't have any idea where the devs are on this subject. I feel like they think everything is fair game, and I don't think that's always the healthiest position to take. Because it encourages players to think likewise.

In a perfect world, I think the devs would shoot straight and just say "this is what we think is fair in the current state of the game." But I don't think I live in that world.

“Valid counter” can be a pretty vague term but I think scenarios and mechanics the devs have provided can speak to what they define as a counter. For example, facing an evade champ like spiderman/NC can be pretty difficult for a normal champion with no ability accuracy reduction. A valid counter for evasion are champions like gwenpool, black widow, or iceman. Facing a high sig-level magik without any ability accuracy reduction or power control can be extremely difficult to downright impossible. But valid counters are champions like Blade who has innate ability accuracy reduction or another Magik who has power control. Same with iceman / ice phoenix where as long as you survive the initial cold snap (doable with a 5/50 tech champion and many others) then you should be able to close out the fight. Mephisto has counters in blade and iceman.

Dormammu on the other hand has no valid counter. You could say remove dexterity, but in this game parry and dexterity are fundamental core aspects of the game. This ties into dexterity triggering mystic dispersion but I’m not even arguing against that because enemy power gain has valid counters. Dormammu’s degeneration from dormammu has no valid counter especially on high-boosted nodes. Having high health does not really help because the degen is ongoing.

However, changing the degeneration to non-passive introduces valid counters. Champions like rogue and others who have decreased debuff durations can be a valid counter. Having willpower on can be a valid counter. He’ll still be the most powerful defender but more manageable amongst the other difficult defender champs.
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    Dude, that's over 60,000 units on greater gifting crystals... U serious?

The GGCs have a number of useful items for end game players, including 5* Kang, T2a shards, T1a Catalysts etc.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Jaded wrote: »
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »
    Hyperion AGAIN as the 3* normal champion?

Nope. Thanks for catching that, it is a 3-Star Moon Knight.

No units and no t1as in uncollected quest. This needs to change ASAP.
    No reason we shouldn’t get t1as and units are offered in every aspect of the game content why none in the uncollected quest makes no sense.

The Uncollected Difficulty rewards are all about collecting Higher Rarity Champions and Rank Up Materials! This is why they're focused on 4-Star, 5-star and 6-Star Hero Crystal Shards, as well as Tier 4 and 5 Catalyst Fragments! Units and Tier 1 Alphas are available in other difficulties.

Uh you do realize we need 5+ t1a per rank up level with 5*’s. You know if you guys would change this to 1 or 2 a rank up everything would be fine & we wouldn’t complain about t1a’s constantly, I have 6 5*’s I need to rank & have 0 t1a’s & the rest of my inventory is overflowing. Plus needing 5-6 t1a’s per rank up for a 5* is an overkill & is very very unnecessary
  • ArgygufdetlopArgygufdetlop Posts: 62
    I just wanna add my voice to those calling for t1a not to be such an onerous bottleneck. To the scrubs arguing there’s no problem with it, you clearly aren’t endgame. It’s preposterous how much every other resource overflows for lack of t1a.

I heard kabam mike say they were going to do something to address it; just not in uncollected rewards. That’s good enough for me! I am highly encouraged the problem is at least acknowledged. Let’s see what they got! I don’t care how they solve the issue, as long as the situation is ameliorated.
  • Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    What are these unforeseen circumstances?
    Just curious
  • FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    You're right! You do need them, but this mode is where you get a lot of things you can't really get anywhere else on a regular basis. Yes, you can still get 4-Star and 5-Star shards in other modes with some regularity, but Tier 2 Alpha Fragments (in this amount), Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments, and 6-Star Hero Crystal Fragments are most readily available here.

Tier 1 Alpha Catalysts are available in lots of other places, and we know you all want more of them, but this is not going to be the place to get them. Keep an eye out as we move to make these more available in the future.

Thanks for the response Miike. The rewards in the Uncollected difficulty ARE quite good, and I don't think anyone would criticize those rewards if the T1As were more readily available elsewhere. Glad to know the team is working on getting them out there more.
  • gatra_hpgatra_hp Posts: 98
    edited January 2018
    is there no title for uncollected difficulty?
  • nield04nield04 Posts: 27
    Looks great but why no title for Uncollected difficulty?
  • Sentry... let's see what he can do
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★

Can’t wait to go against the Void and his damages over time unvoidable ! Gonna be so much fun !
    gatra_hp wrote: »
    is there no title for uncollected difficulty?
    nield04 wrote: »
    Looks great but why no title for Uncollected difficulty?

They said it when they first introduced the uncollected difficulty... The title attached to it (“unchallenged”) was only available in the first iteration of the uncollected difficulty...

So if you got it: Congratulations, you have a rare title, “limited edition” so to speak...

If you haven’t: You got 8 hours left... go, go, go! ^^