**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6 Star Champion Pool

BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
My thoughts are that this should be of very strong champions. 6 star champs will be very hard to get and the thought of getting a lesser champion makes me sick.

Two main reasons here, I wouldn’t even bother upgrading a 6 star hulk buster for example, and I don’t feel a high quality 6 star champ is game breaking either.

Thoughts?

Comments

• NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    They will start with weak champions, with one or two strong ones in the mix. Then introduce new stronger champs mixed with weak ones. This would work best to incentivize people long term. If you pull a 6* StarLord on your first pull, what incentive do you have to continue grinding 6* shards?? There will be a pool of 50% ****, 40% better than **** and 10% good (not event great, those come later)
  • Cptnkillr_89Cptnkillr_89 Posts: 56
    NiteAndDae wrote: »
    If you pull a 6* StarLord on your first pull, what incentive do you have to continue grinding 6* shards?? There will be a pool of 50% ****, 40% better than **** and 10% good (not event great, those come later)

Obviously you would want to awaken that SL.. idk about you but that would have the opposite effect than losing incentive. It will be just like the 5* most of us will have our red cyclops or iron man 6*. This is to be expected.

• ss1100ss1100 Posts: 365
    Imagine pulling a 6* kk or 6* carbage... Woot woot!!!!!

Lolx
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    Even if 6 stars get released they will be irrelevant for a long long time due to catalysts needed. An awakened 5* SL is better than unawakened 6* Rank 2.
  • KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176
    Yeah starlord unduped is Okay at best anyways lol hopefully we get like an Xbones or a quake to start. Of course I'll take another Iceman if that's on the table tho lol
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    They could be delayed slightly, from the looks an sound of things they are having troubles with the adrenaline feature. I would take a 5* upto r5 in the meantime as it won't be wasted. I've already r5 sparky an does not disappoint
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited January 2018
    IIRC, 6 star roster would consist of 24 champs. so i would like this as a 6* roster.

Mutant:
    -Nightcrawler.
    -Storm.
    -Beast.
    -Psylocke.

Skill:
    -Hawkeye.
    -Winter Soldier.
    -Black Panther.
    -Elektra or Black Widow.

Science:
    -Yellowjacket.
    -OG Captain America.
    -Hulk.
    -Electro, Rhino or OG Spidey.

Mystic:
    -Guillotine.
    -Dormammu.
    -DS (yeah, he wouldn't be bad).
    -Jane Foster or Hood.

Cosmic:
    -Ms (or Captain) Marvel.
    -Symbiote Spiderman.
    -Drax.
    -Angela or Thor.

Tech:
    -Ultron.
    -Nebula.
    -Punisher 2099.
    -Rocket Raccoon.

this might be too good as a 6* roster, but look that it doesn't have any god tier champs. and no trash champs either. just decent champs that can be useful for you and worth ranking up. nobody wants a trash champ that can't even be ranked past r1. and 6* god tier could break the game, lol.
  • BasicChampBasicChamp Posts: 97
    I call dibs on Cage!!! Don't touch him, he's mine!
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    BigTime wrote: »
    and I don’t feel a high quality 6 star champ is game breaking either.
    oh really?

Nah. Given the upgrade requirements, lack of dupping, and overall skill vs champion ability I don’t think so. Like, sure a 6 star champ will help more than a 5 but will it make a substantial content help? Nah. Then if we consider wars we already are fight 6star champs in content, they will be stronger but it overall won’t have a significant effect.

This is why I am pro the early pool being excellent. Consider a veteran player with a great list of champs. It would incentivize them to upgrade their whole roster. If we are getting she hulk, ant man, etc...players are going to say, meh to wanting to use these champs.

I have 15 five star champs of which I really just use one and that is a dupped hulk. This past month in particular has been woefully disappointing clearing modok labs and such over and over just to get some bum trash useless 5*. Please please don’t make 6 star the same!

• GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    I think the biggest problem is if there are no god tier champions added then why would anyone open one...

If there's no chance of pulling a champion better/equal to who you already have as a 5* then most people will just save their 6* shards.

I understand that they can't all be god tier but unless there's at least 50% god tier champions then I don't really see the point of opening them yet.

Kabam should really let us know sometime soon the initial 6* roster.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    People will open them because their are the next thing, even if the champs suck. A few people might have the will power to resist and just hold their 6* shards until better champs are in the pool, but then, they still run the risk of pulling ****. What was the initial 5* pool like?
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    :) Kabam didn't added all "god tier" heroes as 5* exactly because they would be too powerful but you expect them to be in the 6 * pool?
  • DJJZ15DJJZ15 Posts: 46
    Well based on the image outline I think it is safe to say that venom, netflix DD, and gamora will be in it
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Well these guys aren't very bad, but they lack a lot compared to other characters in their classes. imagine the SP2 damage from a duped 6* Gamora though.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Look at the original 5* roster if you want an idea of what the base pool will look like. Im thinking they will follow suit with 12 6* to start and then add more every few months.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    DoctorJ wrote: »
    Look at the original 5* roster if you want an idea of what the base pool will look like. Im thinking they will follow suit with 12 6* to start and then add more every few months.
    Except the announcment of 6s says there will be 24. Just sayin.

• ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    Well, we can expect netflix dd, venom and gamora. Their models are on the 6* crystal picture, that's how it was for 5*, it showed spidey, storm and magik. Those three were the early 5*'s added to the game...so...high ass possibilities.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    NoOnexRO wrote: »
    :) Kabam didn't added all "god tier" heroes as 5* exactly because they would be too powerful but you expect them to be in the 6 * pool?

I'm not sure why they would be too powerful? Serious question but I can't think of what would make then substantially better than their 5 * counterparts. As Grufty said above, why would vets who have a lot of champs even use them if not?

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    6* LC will be incredible.

Dr. Zola
  • Do you have any estimated time for 6 star release dates @Kabam Miike ?
  • ninexhelixninexhelix Posts: 136
    Still surprised to see gamora in the outline since she’s not available as a 5star. Even if when duped her assassination is once per fight I’d take that in a heartbeat as an r2 6 star since she can hit it for 8k as an r5 4 star.