**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

It's time to change Dexterity and it's interaction with Mystic Dispersion and Mystic Defenders

2»

Comments

• Qu1ckshoT32_GamingQu1ckshoT32_Gaming Posts: 153 ★★
    Philthy wrote: »
    I think it should be left alone personally. I've spent units unlocking md (like alot of other people).
    I purchased a product that's working as intended.. If its changed i want reimbursing.. If you don't like it remove dex simple.
    Sick of people crying for nerfs constantly.. The game is in the state its in today (bug central) because of crying for nerfing. That's my opinion.

So your solution the issues in the game is to do nothing? Excellent plan.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I'm disagreeing with the entire premise here. Its not that's it doesn't bring up solid points and all, but it's because without Champions like Magik and dormammu, and a few other great defensive Champions, the game would be too easy. Once you get to a certain level of ability, it gets to a point where the only damage you take is "unavoidable" damage.
  • Philthy wrote: »
    I think it should be left alone personally. I've spent units unlocking md (like alot of other people).
    I purchased a product that's working as intended.. If its changed i want reimbursing.. If you don't like it remove dex simple.
    Sick of people crying for nerfs constantly.. The game is in the state its in today (bug central) because of crying for nerfing. That's my opinion.

So your solution the issues in the game is to do nothing? Excellent plan.

I would prefer new masteries an champs over nerfs. I don't have a problem fighting against md.
  • Alot of people have adapted to it, its part of the game.

Its your own personal choice to use dexterity. People constantly complaining for changes is gonna destroy the game.
    What's next ban Nightcrawler, Modok, Hyperion from aw? Cause people are constantly moaning about them too..

They tried diversity an people still wasn't happy. We are suppose to lose fights in a war its not ment to be easy. Again that's my personal opinion..

I've seen many great games destroyed in my time through people complaining for nerfs, because weapons are too strong/fighters are too op. If you are unhappy playing a game leave its simple.

People should be asking for new masteries an champs to counter certain mountains not nerfs that ruins the game.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited January 2018
    NC, Hyperion and Modok are still far more manageable than Dormammu.

just switch modes with NC or be more defensive. with enough skill you can easily defeat one at Act 5.
    with Hype and Mordo (since both are almost the same case), you can use a power drain champ.
    with Modok use a ability accuracy reduction champ or just spam heavy until he's dead.
    also i haven't seen many complains about NC, Hype or Modok.

with Dorm it is different, the use of dexterity is not entirely our personal choice, but it is needed for almost all aspects of the game or you receive a lot of blocking damage. removing dexterity of our mastery tree just because Dormammu has some BS unavoidable damage isn't the fix to this.

Unavoidable Damage isn't fun at all, it's BS. and the fact we don't have any counter to that degen (in Act 5 two activations of that degen means insta-death) doesn't help at all. at least Magik, Ice-Man and Mephisto have their counters.
  • TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
    I sort of agree with you, OP. I actually think that Magik is great the way she is and I would love if they made any buff that comes from dexterity a Passive buff that would not trigger Dormammus degen and mystic Dispersion. However Kabam has heard this A LOT and there is a lot of meaning in the fact that they've done nothing about it yet. In one of our last major updates, they nerfed healing so that it would not scale with node Buffs. In my opinion, they should do the same to debuffs. It doesn't make sense to do one and not the other. That's why I posted a similar Thread about that. If at least the damage over time deep thoughts that could result would not scale, this would be far more manageable. It wouldn't help with Mystic dispersion, but I have a far greater problem with the degeneration you get from Champions such as dormammu and the Damage over time you get from limbo.
  • RafamateRafamate Posts: 38

We are talking about dexterity not Mystic dispersion. Nobody said to remove MD, all we are asking for is to remove crit rate from dexterity, or at least from the first level of dexterity.
  • Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
    Just want to say I think Dormammu needs to have his signature ability changed. It should be changed so that the change to degenerate the opponent is not 100%, but a percentage which can change as his signature levels increase, e.g. at 20 sig level it could be a 30% chance, and at sig 99 it could be an 80% chance. Every ability in the game needs to have a weakness, and a way for players to avoid those certain abilities, e.g. you use poison immune champs against champs that inflict poison, to avoid the poison damage (of course). The problem with Dormammu is his degeneration is unavoidable, unless you remove dexterity (which is a stupid idea because it's a necessary mastery for everything). His ability (in terms of degen amount) should also increase as his sig levels go up. So, as his sig levels increase, the strength of the degen increases (just like it does currently), alongside an increasing percentage chance for him to trigger the degen. No champion is immune to degen or has an ability to prevent Dormammu from inflicting degen, and the fact that this ability is unavoidable is completely unfair.
  • Rafamate wrote: »

We are talking about dexterity not Mystic dispersion. Nobody said to remove MD, all we are asking for is to remove crit rate from dexterity, or at least from the first level of dexterity.

Changing dex will effect how md is working at the moment. I think its working just fine an thats the product i purchased. Maybe I'm biased because i have a dormammu an a highly stacked mystic team.

Degen/unavoidable damage is also part of the game. Yeah its not great to deal with but the game needs tough champs or it would become too easy an stale otherwise.

Maybe they could add immune to degen champs instead of trying to take things out the game an mess it up even more than it is. They have more serious issues to sort out.

• JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Maybe I'm biased because i have a dormammu an a highly stacked mystic team.

You don't say...
  • Qu1ckshoT32_GamingQu1ckshoT32_Gaming Posts: 153 ★★
    Yeah this isn't about changing Mystic Dispersion, I have 5/5 mystic dispersion that I run full time with my 4/55 Magik to wreck content (Magik is wasted on defense). But should you be punished for not being hit? Kabam didn't think so for the AQ Dormammu boss.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Just leave dexterity. It is not game changing. Dont use dexterity if you dont want to