**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Act 5 Chapter 2

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Fthewigg wrote: »
    How's that 4☆ rankup gem looking now?

Honestly it still looks pretty good. I'd really like to have it, it'll just take a while. I'm still going to 100% the chapter without spending, I'll save units revives free crystals etc. But I do think the rewards need looking at for chapter 3
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Have fun 100% this with your R4 4*s lol.

Just beat it. will 100% later thanks @RagamugginGunner

AWESOME!!! So proud of you bro. Let me know how that 100% goes!!
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Either way, there were no groundbreaking Rewards in Chapter 2 of any other Act, and at one point, that was a challenge to most people.

Completely disagree on this point. Every chapter in act 4 gives an extra mastery point which to this day is still "ground breaking" considering that is the only place to get those once you are already at summoner level 60.

Well, for the moment they have a limited number of Mastery Points in the game. I would like to see more, but they've stated they have no plans of adding more at the moment. That may change.

I think you may have missed my point. You previously stated there were no ground breaking rewards in chapter 2 of any other act. I simply begged to differ and offered the mastery points in all chapters of act 4 as an example. I am not asking for more mastery points in the rewards, and I am fully aware Kabam has no intent to include those in act 5 or anywhere else for that matter hence they are an extremely rare and valuable item that can only be obtained in all four chapters of act 4. I would like to see some type of rewards considered of high value and rarity included in the chapters for act 5. (ie. T2 Alphas, 5* Awakening Gems, Rank Down tickets, etc.)

The 4* garbage just doesn't really motivate me. Not just because I have plenty of r5 4*, but also because most 4* champs just aren't that good in comaprison to 5* champs since 12.0/1 updates and also almost all of the 4* champs are gonna be available as 5* now or in the very near future.

People are devaluing 4*'s, but that doesn't mean they don't have value. That's an opinion, and the idea that 5*'s are phasing out 4*'s is just not accurate.

Do you have one or more 5* rank 4 champs to be able to compare its' effect in AQ, AW and story to a rank 5 4*? Because if you don't, you simply don't know what you are talking about.
  • 57R34K57R34K Posts: 16
    edited June 2017
    I honestly can't believe the rewards are so poor for this money grab chapter. Act 4 had much better rewards. I thought we were moving forward with 5*s...

Also, "we don't use Buffet and Macoshism at the same time" was a lie. 5.2.4 has several nodes with both--one of which is a bloody magik. lol

I'm one strand away from quitting this game. Lack of progress and Kabam's greed is depressing. Hopefully Grandmaster's favor is good... really good...
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    Nc can not reliably evade any sp. Now take into account that his are unblockable and that he reduces ability accuracy. I can't see nc evading a single sp yet alone enough to be effective

Now you can always just run another path and record it. If you found the truck the community will be grateful. It just doesn't past the logic test

It is possible that his BAMF ability still works, since it's not a %-based ability, and it has always seemed to me that it has a wider coverage time than other forms of evade. It could allow for a slightly easier time avoiding those fast AF specials.
  • PhillyEaglesSPhillyEaglesS Posts: 49
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    ign : ThaOneNonli. and yeah my champs for quests are 440, guilly, sw, rogue and GR are awesome path cleaners all 440. add me on line (jezzter123) if you need anything more...use only 440 for map 6 aswell

You didn't use r4 4* for it genius, your profile proves it and everything you have said has become utterly irrelevant due to your attempted deception.

Absolutely no one cares how good you think you are. Go try the big boy quest, LoL, then come talk to us about your "skill".
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    You guys are a bunch of Douchebags. 4* are not obsolete. Ill repeat it again because the **** has learning disabilities. 4* are not obselete.

Ever since Challenger Rating became a thing during 12.0 update they basically said that 4* are going the way of the dinosaurs.

The only people saying this are some players. Kabam has never stated this, nor implied this. Nor does challenger rating imply this either.

I must be confused then as I thought a rank 4 - 5 star champion had a higher level of challenger rating than a rank 5 - 4 star.

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon saying 4 stars are entirely obsolete, but you at least have to see the greater picture that 5 stars are the end game and will outpace the 4 stars. Just as the 4 stars have surpassed 3 stars, and so on. If they didn't then there's no point in striving for 5 star champions as the end game has already been reached as far as stats can go.

You also snipped my quote from earlier and excluded that part of my statement:
    Yes they did patch and adjust the stats so their less harsh than they once were, but it still remains that 5* are end game content and I believe they said that Act 5 is the end game content... (other than LoL obviously).

Again I may have misunderstood something, but I had thought they said Act 5 was the end game content.
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    For me it was extremely disappointing. I had not run a quest since gotg started. 5.2 got me excited and I hoped in and did 1 run through immediately. The collector is based on 0 skill. The only skill involved is trying to survive long enough to do a little damage and hope for some luck (that he doesn't use his l1). I was lucky enough (Or foolish enough to buy) to have og vision which helped. I have no interest at all in 100% 5.2 after my first run through. The 100% rewards could be 8 t2as and 10 t5bs and I still would not do it. The arena grind blows. The event quest are stale and now I'm not intersted in the story quest. The only thing left I enjoy is as and aw. I had hoped 5.2 would renergize me but it has done the opposite. Now I'm not excited at all about 5.3. I realize it is end game content and will be around for the life of the game but designing all new content to ko champs for nothing because some long time players are skilled is crazy.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    You guys are a bunch of Douchebags. 4* are not obsolete. Ill repeat it again because the **** has learning disabilities. 4* are not obselete.

Ever since Challenger Rating became a thing during 12.0 update they basically said that 4* are going the way of the dinosaurs.

The only people saying this are some players. Kabam has never stated this, nor implied this. Nor does challenger rating imply this either.

I must be confused then as I thought a rank 4 - 5 star champion had a higher level of challenger rating than a rank 5 - 4 star.

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon saying 4 stars are entirely obsolete, but you at least have to see the greater picture that 5 stars are the end game and will outpace the 4 stars. Just as the 4 stars have surpassed 3 stars, and so on. If they didn't then there's no point in striving for 5 star champions as the end game has already been reached as far as stats can go.

While it's true that 5*s will outpace 4*s eventually, that will not happen anytime soon because of one resource: T2 Alphas. You're not going to gain any advantage at all choosing to rank 5*s to R3 over 4*s to R5. People are thinking "Well 5*s are the future so I'm not going to rank up 4*s anymore and just rank up 5*s." That mentallity will hurt you more than help. Obviously if you have a 5* you want to spend T2A's on and bring to R4 or that 5* champion is a monster, they should take priority. But if you're taking 5*s to R3 just because they are 5*s, by the time T2A's are common enough for you to spend them on that character, you will have no problem at all with the resources bringing them from R1 to R3.

Pretty much rank whoever you want based on your need. Many times that will be 5* over 4*, but don't just rank 5*s exclusively because "they are the future."
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Star_Lord_ wrote: »
    Help me to understand. Right now 100% of the player base, both on this forum and the other popular ones agree that the Collector fight is way too difficult. How did this get approved by the beta testers?

I don't know if this is true but I think they didn't let the beta testers fight Collector. Leaked pics of A5 beta show 5.2.6 as locked with Dorm as boss
  • JSnookJSnook Posts: 219
    Star_Lord_ wrote: »
    Help me to understand. Right now 100% of the player base, both on this forum and the other popular ones agree that the Collector fight is way too difficult. How did this get approved by the beta testers?

I don't remember ever reading that anything had to be "approved" by the beta testers? Just because it's beta tested doesn't mean it was stamped with a seal of approval.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    Either way, there were no groundbreaking Rewards in Chapter 2 of any other Act, and at one point, that was a challenge to most people.

Completely disagree on this point. Every chapter in act 4 gives an extra mastery point which to this day is still "ground breaking" considering that is the only place to get those once you are already at summoner level 60.

Well, for the moment they have a limited number of Mastery Points in the game. I would like to see more, but they've stated they have no plans of adding more at the moment. That may change.

I think you may have missed my point. You previously stated there were no ground breaking rewards in chapter 2 of any other act. I simply begged to differ and offered the mastery points in all chapters of act 4 as an example. I am not asking for more mastery points in the rewards, and I am fully aware Kabam has no intent to include those in act 5 or anywhere else for that matter hence they are an extremely rare and valuable item that can only be obtained in all four chapters of act 4. I would like to see some type of rewards considered of high value and rarity included in the chapters for act 5. (ie. T2 Alphas, 5* Awakening Gems, Rank Down tickets, etc.)

The 4* garbage just doesn't really motivate me. Not just because I have plenty of r5 4*, but also because most 4* champs just aren't that good in comaprison to 5* champs since 12.0/1 updates and also almost all of the 4* champs are gonna be available as 5* now or in the very near future.

People are devaluing 4*'s, but that doesn't mean they don't have value. That's an opinion, and the idea that 5*'s are phasing out 4*'s is just not accurate.

Do you have one or more 5* rank 4 champs to be able to compare its' effect in AQ, AW and story to a rank 5 4*? Because if you don't, you simply don't know what you are talking about.
    Anyone with a brain can understand information. I know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm afraid you'll have to come up with a better counter than "What's in YOUR Roster?".
  • Are there limited "uncollected" titles? Or can we get this anytime that we finish 5.2? @Kabam Miike Can you please help.

There's no limit on how many Summoners can get this. Anyone who completes Act 5 Chapter 2 will become Uncollected.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Anyone with a brain can understand information. I know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm afraid you'll have to come up with a better counter than "What's in YOUR Roster?".

He does have a point though. Not that I know how many r4 5* or r5 4* champions you have (I do) but the difference is quite large. One would have to feel for themselves the difference to make an informed, educated opinion on the matter. Of course opinions are open to everyone, no matter how much credibility they have.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    I apologize if this has been brought up before...any reason why the rank up item is can not be used for taking a 5 star from 2-3 seeing as its essentially the same as a 4 star from 4-5.

He does have a point though. Not that I know how many r4 5* or r5 4* champions you have (I do) but the difference is quite large. One would have to feel for themselves the difference to make an informed, educated opinion on the matter. Of course opinions are open to everyone, no matter how much credibility they have.

The information is available for CR, in relation to one step up or down in CR. Factor in the slight increase in Attack and Health that a 5* has, and increase the Abilities based on one step up in CR, and it's not hard to deduce. There would be other factors as well, such as Sig Level of each. An R4 5* is stronger than an R5 4*. Not enough to phase 4*'s out of the game.
    The point I'm making is, asking someone to "pony up" their Roster is not a viable finding to counter what is said. All it is, is an attempt to discredit the facts someone is presenting based on status in the game.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    On day 5 aq my 5/50 voodoo has greatly diminished attack damage. My rank 4 starlord still just plows. Voodoo is still useable but it makes for a much harder fight
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    On day 5 aq my 5/50 voodoo has greatly diminished attack damage. My rank 4 starlord still just plows. Voodoo is still useable but it makes for a much harder fight

Well, yes. The harder the fight, the less Damage lower CR will do, but that's more than CR. Other factors play into it. Day 5 is the hardest. Plus you have Nodes and amped up Prestige, therefore higher Base Stats to deal with. The harder the Fight, the harder it is to procure Abilities optimally and do Max Damage. SL will always plow. That's his Sig. If the Fight is long enough to build.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    CR is not the main reason an r4 5* is better. The difference in attack and hp is huge, the damage output as well. Nobody would suggest someone take a red Cyclops 4* to 5/50 at this point, but a 4/55 is a credible champion in most game modes.

A 3/45 is better than a 5/50, but not by very much. HOWEVER, the ability to reach higher levels gives a huge advantage to the 3/45. To say ranking up a 4* is equivalent to ranking up a 5* is not correct in my opinion. It's short-sighted.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    My point was this, day one I do 1300 with medium day 5 I do between 1000 to 900 with voodoo when crit.

Starlord stays the same from day 1 to day 5 for the most part.
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    CR is not the main reason an r4 5* is better. The difference in attack and hp is huge, the damage output as well. Nobody would suggest someone take a red Cyclops 4* to 5/50 at this point, but a 4/55 is a credible champion in most game modes.

A 3/45 is better than a 5/50, but not by very much. HOWEVER, the ability to reach higher levels gives a huge advantage to the 3/45. To say ranking up a 4* is equivalent to ranking up a 5* is not correct in my opinion. It's short-sighted.

I never said it was equivalent to Rank a 4* as opposed to a 5*. I said it's not accurate to say that 4*'s are worthless, or will be phased out. A 4* Rank Up has value.
    edited June 2017

I never said it was equivalent to Rank a 4* as opposed to a 5*. I said it's not accurate to say that 4*'s are worthless, or will be phased out. A 4* Rank Up has value.

A maxed 4* has value only until one is able to rank a 5* to an equal level, this sounds like a good definition of being phased out to me.

Not when you consider the amount of each that are present in the entire game. Ranking higher doesn't make the lower obsolete. It's an exaggeration. An R5 4* is not that far from an R3 5*. Not enough to throw away all 4*'s.
  • Snake_OpsSnake_Ops Posts: 4
    edited June 2017
    To be Honest the rewards aren't too bad if you don't know what the grandmaster favour really gives us.

I completed it today using only 3 team revives and a normal revive throughout the last quest, if anyone is wanting to find a good champ to use against him I suggest thor,crossbones or hulk at rank 5 and duped preferably above sig level 50. crossbones removes the chances of his abilities activating if your are quick with overrun activation which also makes the collector attempt to heavy attack you so you can pop off a combo there to gain more fury. hulk at low health will do a **** ton of damage I did around 10k in a combo with 3 or more crits and thor's stun puts armour break and stun on him meaning that there is a chance he will tenacity the armour instead allowing you to pop off some hits and hopefully a special. in terms of his special attacks all I can say is keep on hitting unless your a god it is impossible to evade all his hits and with thor/hulk just keep on popping off specials to stun him. when he becomes stun immune however you will need to begin to intercept like a god to finish him off. I'm guessing most of you have already done it but if your looking for an easier way when exploring or completing I suggest you try this.

sorry that I created this massive paragraph but I hope it helps at least one person...
  • GrønnerGrønner Posts: 13
    Kabam really lost their touch with the playerbase.
    I just finished chapter 2, and the rewards are an absolute waste of the effort and units required.
    And dont even get me started on the rewards for exploring! Anyone able to 100% this, will have absolutely no use for a rank up gem, a t4c or a measly 1200 5 star shards.
    There is no chance in hell that I, or anyone I know, will explore chapter 2 with such terrible rewards.
    We want t2a, t5b, more 5 star shards, full 4 star crystals, 5 star awakening gems, a ton of 5 star sig stones etc etc.
    I would almost say that the rewards for doing chapter 1 were better, with the difficulty being 90% lower.

Fix this Kabam, change the rewards to the rewards that was leaked a few days before the release.

A maxed 4* has value only until one is able to rank a 5* to an equal level, this sounds like a good definition of being phased out to me.

Not when you consider the amount of each that are present in the entire game. Ranking higher doesn't make the lower obsolete. It's an exaggeration. An R5 4* is not that far from an R3 5*. Not enough to throw away all 4*'s.

If i had the option to take my best team of maxed 4*s, and literally THROW THEM AWAY for r3 5*s, I wouldn't even blink it would be done. But that's just my opinion from playing the game.

That's just it. It's opinion. Not the reality of the game. 4*'s are not phased out, and they won't be anytime soon. People may prefer to use 5*'s. That doesn't mean 4*'s are useless, and it doesn't mean it's useless to have a Rank Up.
  • Snake_OpsSnake_Ops Posts: 4
    damn did kabam delete my msg.....