**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

KABAM......WILL BLADE BE NERFED?

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Rektor wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Now I’m not saying nerf him but would like some clarification because Blade does things no other champ has ever done.

Anyone know if it is intended for Blade to turn off nodes like heal block from the main boss in AQ? This is rumored to extend to nodes like degeneration and starburst as well. Like in this Video.
    https://youtu.be/RWzhLfc-Uwk

Blade also turns off debuff nodes in AW, can just shut down the a bleed or poison applying to him at the start of the fight. Is that intended?

You should try reading the thread. Answer already given. Working as intended.

Only applies to danger sense 40% of the time (58% of the time with synergy).
    Can you quote the response? I do not see a moderator or administrator tag on this thread
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Now I’m not saying nerf him but would like some clarification because Blade does things no other champ has ever done.

Anyone know if it is intended for Blade to turn off nodes like heal block from the main boss in AQ? This is rumored to extend to nodes like degeneration and starburst as well. Like in this Video.

Blade also turns off debuff nodes in AW, can just shut down the a bleed or poison applying to him at the start of the fight. Is that intended?

Can you quote the response? I do not see a moderator or administrator tag on this thread

Look closer. It’s there.

scrolled through found no orange text.

scrolled through found no orange text.

I see it. Maybe they blocked you like 90% of this forum already has 🤷🏻‍♂️

• ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Dear OP you are subject to Kabam's whims and TOS as far as nerfing champs goes. There is a historical precedent for this. Enjoy him while you can and don't worry about it.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    He can be indirectly nerfed by adding viable non villain non mystic defenders
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★

Look closer. It’s there.

So either you're lying, in which case your posts are spam, or you're accusing a non-mod of working for kabam and violating ToS. Which is it?
    Kestrelle wrote: »

Look closer. It’s there.

So either you're lying, in which case your posts are spam, or you're accusing a non-mod of working for kabam and violating ToS. Which is it?

C. Calling out members violates forum rules 🤷🏻‍♂️

Look closer. It’s there.

D. Gish Gallop?
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Nerf probably not in the conventional sense as we have gotten used to. We'll see a gradual reduction in his effectiveness, quick posts about tweaks made to him which make him less useful. Look at the how they handled GP's locking an opponent in the corner and now Kang... Just a tweak here and there making them less effective so that things are always working as intended.
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    He can be indirectly nerfed by adding viable non villain non mystic defenders

This is exactly what will happen. Main reason why I’d hesitate about r5ing blade now that mystic wars are dead.

Look closer. It’s there.

D. Gish Gallop?

Wouldn't that still be A?
  • OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 143
    More than likely he will be nerfed within 24 hours after I pull him from a 5* crystal. I'll let the community know so they can prepare themselves...
  • NamronstrykerNamronstryker Posts: 25
    Honestly how is he op if he relies on certain champs synergies to reach his full potential. He is a powerful champ and definitely one of the best to have.but alone he’s awesome against 6 champs I say awesome because danger sense is only at the base. Add stark spidey he now becomes amazing against those 6 champs but not game breaking. I don’t go into map 5 with blade saying I hope heal block is turned off it’s simply just there. What would make him op is if he could go against a bleed immune like colossus and kill him with 1 sp2 or whatever. That’s pretty much what Thor and sw did pre 12.0 right? Except it wasn’t just colossus it was every fight blade is far from op he needs stark and ghost rider to be more than what he really is in his base he’s an awesome champ and definitely a must have but he isn’t going to break the game for you if you lack the skill to use him.
    Found the answer in orange letters but it required opening a thread, At least the response was timely. Watch your placement in AW as villians, mystics and dimensional beings are useless beyond thier disadvantage to Blades attack power on many nodes now. Kudos to kabam for allowing people to bypass nodes in AQ/AW if they are lucky enough to have the one champion in the game capable of doing so. Completely balanced.

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Found the answer in orange letters but it required opening a thread, At least the response was timely. Watch your placement in AW as villians, mystics and dimensional beings are useless beyond thier disadvantage to Blades attack power on many nodes now. Kudos to kabam for allowing people to bypass nodes in AQ/AW if they are lucky enough to have the one champion in the game capable of doing so. Completely balanced.

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

that's like saying kudos to kabam for allowing people to bypass the bleed nodes in AQ/AW if they're lucky enough to have a bleed immune champ.
    Qwerty wrote: »

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

that's like saying kudos to kabam for allowing people to bypass the bleed nodes in AQ/AW if they're lucky enough to have a bleed immune champ.
    If there was only one champion who could do that I could see the analogy, however being that there are countless options to bypass bleed and poison nodes and only one who can bypass healblock, starburst, and degeneration this analogy is like a leaky screwdriver.

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

Well that's a completely different thread in an entirely different area of the forum, but I'm glad to see it answered somewhere

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

If there was only one champion who could do that I could see the analogy, however being that there are countless options to bypass bleed and poison nodes and only one who can bypass healblock, starburst, and degeneration this analogy is like a leaky screwdriver.

your gripe is allowing a champ to stop node abilities isn't it? there are tons of champs that will stop node abilities.
    edited January 2018

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

your gripe is allowing a champ to stop node abilities isn't it? there are tons of champs that will stop node abilities.
    My gripebis Blade can bypass nodes in the game designed to be a challenge to all champions. And he is the only one that can shut them down

I’m all for being educated if you have the time. I have some questions.

Who has a chance to use healing abilities on heal block nodes?

Who has a chance to turn off degeneration nodes?

Who has a chance to turn off Starburst nodes?

3* Blade will be making appearances in end game content just like SW.
    edited January 2018
    Some people just have to take the contrarian point of view even if they know they’re wrong.

So as previously stated, everything about Blade was carefully planned and intended. Mystic wars are dead, as intended. The most overpowered class of champs has an overpowered counter, as intended.

Everyone should feel free to rank him up if they desire, although there are better overall champs.

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

My gripebis Blade can bypass nodes in the game designed to be a challenge to all champions. And he is the only one that can shut them down

you're asking irrelevant questions. every champ can and can't do things. there are champs that allow you to stun champs that are stun immune, there are champs that allow you to completely shut down another champions innate abilities, hell, you can even shut down ex. maestro's random buffs against tech champs.

there are tons of things in this game "designed to be a challenge" that can be shutdown with the right champs. you're focusing on blade for some reason.

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

hell, you can even shut down ex. maestro's random buffs against tech champs.

🤔

Explain?

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

you're asking irrelevant questions. every champ can and can't do things. there are champs that allow you to stun champs that are stun immune, there are champs that allow you to completely shut down another champions innate abilities, hell, you can even shut down ex. maestro's random buffs against tech champs.

there are tons of things in this game "designed to be a challenge" that can be shutdown with the right champs. you're focusing on blade for some reason.
    You're engaging in sophistry by misrepresenting my argument and straw manning it while dodging simple questions. Then throwing out your own arguments in piecemeal fashion.

There is one champ that allows you to stun stun immune and that has never been clarified by Kabam as being intentional (but there is a thread waiting on thier reply now). Interesting fact Quake’s concussion was originally designed to work that way but the devs decided against it prior to her release.

When you are speaking of maestro i imagine you are referencing Doc Oc. Doc Oc can selectively control his abilities through careful and attentive gameplay. That is far more engaging than showing up to the fight and IMO not even close to what Blade does, but a fair counter nonetheless; however that is one character vrs one character, Blade's one character vrs 48% of the characters who occupy nodes.

Pretend you’re right

Get proven wrong

Cry about why you shouldn’t be wrong

It’s like the t1a debacle all over again. This thread is going places.
    edited January 2018
    Pretend you’re right

Get proven wrong

You’re personal issues cloud your ability to effectively argue. I do not hold a personal stake nor am I arguing on an emotional level as you suggest. Turn that mirror onto yourself.

I’m happy with the outcome if t1a at this point. My alliance mates and I have more glory to spend elsewhere and Miike recently said that it was becoming more available in the future. Plus my solo crystal gave me some just today. Im rolling in the stuff and can 4/55 the iceman i just pulled despite being down to 2 t1a just a week ago.

Pretend you’re right

Get proven wrong

You’re personal issues cloud your ability to effectively argue. I do not hold a personal stake nor am I arguing on an emotional level as you suggest. Turn that mirror onto yourself.

I’m happy with the outcome if t1a at this point. My alliance mates and I have more glory to spend elsewhere and Miike recently said that it was becoming more available in the future. Plus my solo crystal gave me some just today. Im rolling in the stuff and can 4/55 the iceman i just pulled despite being down to 2 t1a just a week ago.

The most effective method of argument is being right. 2/2 here. 0/2 over there. Carry on.

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

You're engaging in sophistry by misrepresenting my argument and straw manning it while dodging simple questions. Then throwing out your own arguments in piecemeal fashion.

There is one champ that allows you to stun stun immune and that has never been clarified by Kabam as being intentional (but there is a thread waiting on thier reply now). Interesting fact Quake’s concussion was originally designed to work that way but the devs decided against it prior to her release.

When you are speaking of maestro i imagine you are referencing Doc Oc. Doc Oc can selectively control his abilities through careful and attentive gameplay. That is far more engaging than showing up to the fight and IMO not even close to what Blade does, but a fair counter nonetheless; however that is one character vrs one character, Blade's one character vrs 48% of the characters who occupy nodes.

i'm dodging your questions because they're irrelevant and misleading.

who can stop xyz? well a lot of champs can stop different things but you're just picking things that blade might have a chance to stop. black widow has a higher chance at stopping parry just for showing up to the fight. cb stops spiked armor just for showing up to the fight. are they op as well? robots stop bleed and poison just for showing up to the fight too.

degen/starburst/heal block and whatever else traditionally just never had a "counter" so to speak, and now it does. the game is evolving. dunno how else to help you if you can't see that.

edited January 2018
    I would say nice try but your counter argument to Blade being able to bypass critical nodes is that “there are tons of champs that will stop node abilities” and you’ve listed one that can bypass stun immune and zero that can bypass healblock, degeneration, and starburst. Carry on with your sophistry.

Blade is the only champion in the game that can prevent passive degeneration, starburst, and heal block this makes him highly valuable and will need to be a staple of end game players rosters which is exactly why we had the nerfs of 12.0, PB, etc. End of story.

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

• xtremegamerxtremegamer Posts: 37
    I would say nice try but your counter argument to Blade being able to bypass critical nodes is that “there are tons of champs that will stop node abilities” and you’ve listed one that can bypass stun immune and zero that can bypass healblock, degeneration, and starburst. Carry on with your sophistry.

Blade is the only champion in the game that can prevent passive degeneration, starburst, and heal block this makes him highly valuable and will need to be a staple of end game players rosters which is exactly why we had the nerfs of 12.0, PB, etc. End of story.

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

did you used rogue, groot, kg against degenration nodes

Oh wait ai said three names