R5 5* BWCV or 5* Wiccan?

Gentry2099Gentry2099 Member Posts: 244 ★★
Coming from my recent posts, I just pulled a BWCV less than a week ago and already have the resources for her or Wiccan? In your opinion, who should I R5 first? ^^

R5 5* BWCV or 5* Wiccan? 31 votes

Wiccan (Not Awakened)
9%
PantherusNZ13579rebel_JJMAC 3 votes
BWCV (Not Awakened)
83%
zuffyAzKicker316allinashesJChanceH9SbkruebSagacious0wlmgj0630ItsClobberinTimeGiantwalrus56Ben_15455WinterFieldsNONYABIZZqm44WooptyfrickendooErrangQwerasdSunstar19XFREEDOMXKnightOfTheRealmEdisonLaw 26 votes
Wait until a better champ comes along
6%
BeastDadAvnish 2 votes

Comments

• mgj0630mgj0630 Member Posts: 1,095 ★★★★
    BWCV (Not Awakened)
    In my time playing BWCV, I think I've had her sig come into play like once or twice. Basically, her not being awakened doesn't matter.

Wiccan is definitely a beast of a champ, but he's a bit more niche, and really needs to be matched up against the right opponents to truly shine.

For example, if Wiccan hasn't taken energy damage, the regen on his sp1 is really weak. Compare that to BWCV's regen on her sp2, that is only depending on the damage she does during the hit.

It's an easy choice in my opinion.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,038 ★★★★★
    Wiccan (Not Awakened)
    Both are great for different matchups.

BWCV is a bit more broad in her utility, especially with her triple potential immunities and her heal/power-drain/damage capabilities, and her Buff Immunity debuff on the SP2 is rarely countered/immune even when stagger and nullifies are. Plus her sig ability really doesn't factor in - I generally avoid her SP3 altogether.

Wiccan has 2 key abilities, completely shut down buffs (provided that they can have their ability accuracy reduced) and incinerates them if they try to stack up, or take them down via Incinerate/Shock/Plasma burns. Sig ability allows for shock-immunes to still be taken out. Anyone incinerate immune he's virtually useless against.

Personally I prefer Wiccan, but he does exist as a 7* while BWCV doesn't - so there's that as well.
  • Gentry2099Gentry2099 Member Posts: 244 ★★
    mgj0630 said:

In my time playing BWCV, I think I've had her sig come into play like once or twice. Basically, her not being awakened doesn't matter.

Wiccan is definitely a beast of a champ, but he's a bit more niche, and really needs to be matched up against the right opponents to truly shine.

For example, if Wiccan hasn't taken energy damage, the regen on his sp1 is really weak. Compare that to BWCV's regen on her sp2, that is only depending on the damage she does during the hit.

It's an easy choice in my opinion.

I was thinking of BWCV because her awakening ability isn’t needed, and you can play her perfectly fine.

Wiccan, however like you said, needs to be against the right champions.

Thanks for the advice <3

Both are great for different matchups.

BWCV is a bit more broad in her utility, especially with her triple potential immunities and her heal/power-drain/damage capabilities, and her Buff Immunity debuff on the SP2 is rarely countered/immune even when stagger and nullifies are. Plus her sig ability really doesn't factor in - I generally avoid her SP3 altogether.

Wiccan has 2 key abilities, completely shut down buffs (provided that they can have their ability accuracy reduced) and incinerates them if they try to stack up, or take them down via Incinerate/Shock/Plasma burns. Sig ability allows for shock-immunes to still be taken out. Anyone incinerate immune he's virtually useless against.

Personally I prefer Wiccan, but he does exist as a 7* while BWCV doesn't - so there's that as well.

Ahh, alright! Thank you for the advice! Appreciate it :’3
    Went with BWCV as my second R5 5*! Thank you everyone for your opinions! Appreciate it!!
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Member Posts: 1,095 ★★★★
    BWCV (Not Awakened)
    @Gentry2099 Congrats! I'm certain you won't have any regrets.And as @PantherusNZ said, Wiccan is available as a 7*, so perhaps you'll get to pull him in the future too.

Good luck!!!
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,458 ★★★★★
    BWCV (Not Awakened)
    Black Widow's more versatile to me, but I hope she comes as a future 7 star so she can be more relevant
    mgj0630 said:

@Gentry2099 Congrats! I'm certain you won't have any regrets.And as @PantherusNZ said, Wiccan is available as a 7*, so perhaps you'll get to pull him in the future too.

Good luck!!!

Thank you for the support! I’ve been wanting Claire ever since I started playing MCOC (which was around the release date for her.) I know I won’t regret this decision (hopefully not LMAO)