Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Rank ups only for challenges?

PrentexPrentex Posts: 303
I would like to hear your opinions on ranking up champs you wouldn't normally use just to make a specific challenge easier?

From the carina challenges 1-3 i have done all except the Carina Challengers Abyss one, will do that soon. I use the champs for that all the time, so i would have maxed them out anyway (Void R5 ascend, Falcon R5 ascend, 7*R2 Guilly 2099, 7*R2 Diablo, R4 Shang-Chi he will probably stay at R4)

Now when i look to the next challenges there are champs who i don't use very often, for example Karate Mikes with the Avengers.

Did you all rank/sig/ascend your ant-mans, black widows, tigras, jabari panthers, mojos, zemos, etc for the challenges?
R5 seems a bit much but R4 resources are well accessible at this point

As for me, I don't do BG really, and my roster is fine enough, finsihed every content except two paths in abyss, so it doesn't seem like wasting resources...

How did you all approach those challenges?

Comments

• Options
    CvlrCvlr Posts: 216 ★★
    I approach carina 1 and 2 like this: wtf cares

Mean while I ranked up a lot of champs to do carina 3 few months ago, ranked up some champs to do WOW challenge, and rn I'm ranking up for carina CCP, and yes, champs that I wouldn't use normally. I also took BW to sig 200 lol. It really depends on your progress however, you may focus on something else (Personally I already explored necro and act 8... so...) of course I prefer to rank up champs that may be useful somewhere else, other than challenge it self
  • Options
    SligSlig Posts: 355 ★★
    It depends on what resources you have and what content you are focusing on.
  • Options
    PrentexPrentex Posts: 303
    atm i have enough resources, rank up gems from act 8 and also sig stones, so i'll probably R5 all avengers, i also explored every content except two paths abyss, so i think considering 6* rank up resources become more available it doesn't hurt my account too much
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,432 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't touch those lame ass Avengers but for this Carina, I have to,
    Mojo, Zemo, Tigra at least top tho
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,150 ★★★★★
    Ohkk here's my story.

I already had a 6* r4 mojo max sig (i love him a lot very underrated champ). Ascended him for carinas. Went in

Herc, Havok - solo
    Warlock - 15 revives
    Nick - 2 revs
    Then that absolute dog p**p modok fight costed me 12 revives only to take him to 67% health.

I quitted it. These challenges are absolute bullshot, No way I'll ever attempt it. I rather let moi revives expire instead of doing this crup.

Attempting this challenge is not at all fun. It just ruins your mental health, unless you are a completionist, I advise you to stay away from this bs challenges, especially the Fintech's one
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,507 ★★★★★

Ohkk here's my story.

I already had a 6* r4 mojo max sig (i love him a lot very underrated champ). Ascended him for carinas. Went in

Herc, Havok - solo
    Warlock - 15 revives
    Nick - 2 revs
    Then that absolute dog p**p modok fight costed me 12 revives only to take him to 67% health.

I quitted it. These challenges are absolute bullshot, No way I'll ever attempt it. I rather let moi revives expire instead of doing this crup.

Attempting this challenge is not at all fun. It just ruins your mental health, unless you are a completionist, I advise you to stay away from this bs challenges, especially the Fintech's one

I just did this challenge the other day actually. I have him maxed and ascended. The extra rank helps cut down on time and item usage extensively. I also save boosts for challenges like these as it can help make up for not having a champ fully ranked. If you aren’t using boosts then you’re cheating yourself out of a better time. Mojo and warlock are absolutely the hardest fights in the challenge but still doable. For warlock, turn of willpower. You will save yourself so much headache of trying to maintain enough power for a special 1, and take less damage overall. For MODOK, you just have to get into a rhythm. It’s just constantly backdraft intercepting him and baiting specials. I believe in you friend you can do it.

Long story short I rank champs as high as I want to go with them. The challenges allow me to use champs I may not use often, but these content creators know their stuff. If they think it’s doable with a champ, that champ has value that the average summoner may not realize.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,502 ★★★★
    Haven't done any of the newer carinas minus Lags yet but I'm not in a huge rush.

Currently starting to save items up and slowly rank up some of the avengers.
    I have them all, but neither BW nor antman are duped yet, and everybody there plus mojo, tiara etc.. are r3 or below currently.

Will eventually get there, just not prioritizing them.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,150 ★★★★★
    Maratox said:

Ohkk here's my story.

Herc, Havok - solo
    Warlock - 15 revives
    Nick - 2 revs

I just did this challenge the other day actually. I have him maxed and ascended. The extra rank helps cut down on time and item usage extensively. I also save boosts for challenges like these as it can help make up for not having a champ fully ranked. If you aren’t using boosts then you’re cheating yourself out of a better time. Mojo and warlock are absolutely the hardest fights in the challenge but still doable. For warlock, turn of willpower. You will save yourself so much headache of trying to maintain enough power for a special 1, and take less damage overall. For MODOK, you just have to get into a rhythm. It’s just constantly backdraft intercepting him and baiting specials. I believe in you friend you can do it.

Long story short I rank champs as high as I want to go with them. The challenges allow me to use champs I may not use often, but these content creators know their stuff. If they think it’s doable with a champ, that champ has value that the average summoner may not realize.
    Yeah boiii I hear you. I went with al 1 hour boosts. The content is remotely bs, it's not necro like hard, or wow like hard. Necro and wow are very tough, but enjoyable. This content is no way enjoyable, and the rewards are meh. Can't do **** for a duped sparky lol.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 310 ★★★
    r4 is plenty enough for the avenger's challenge. The sig levels are the most important for BW and Thor. They are longer fights, but I valued my resources more than the 30 seconds to a minute I'd save due to the decreased damage output. The difference between an r4 and r5 is maybe 2-3 revives on the harder fights. 120 units is better than all the resources it takes to r5 a champ you're not likely to use much in the future.