**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gwenpool vs Hawkeye

I’ve been a huge fan of Hawkeye since the beginning. I use him as my skill champ for every game mode. He’s helped me complete lots of content, including 100% of 5.1,2 and complete 5.3,4

My HE 5* is unduped rank 4

I recently duped my 5* Gwenpool

Why is she so awesome?

I use my HE against non bleeders to control power, can someone make a good argument for GP?

Comments

• unknownunknown Posts: 378
    edited January 2018
    JRock808 wrote: »
    Her damage destroys Hawkeyes?

She has utility. Just not as simple as sp1 and repeat. She can reduce defensive accuracy when duped, she can incinerate, bleed, power lock to a degeee,, stun, armor break and tank multiple special 3s.

Hawkeye is super awesome, he is just a one trick pony. Granted, he does that trick extremely well.

GP is just an all around beast. She is insane.
    You are right about all but one thing...HE is a 2 trick pony...bleed and power drain. BTW, I love the trailer park boys name reference. Excellent!
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Gwenpool's damage output is amazing, bleeds especially can drain away an opponent's HP in no time, plus her utility with Incinerate and especially Enervate and Armor Break on the SP2+SP3 is outstanding. So you get some really good damage, power control, and increased damage output with the armor break, in addition to being able to tank a special.
    Hawkeye's also good, but he's got less going for him.
  • DangerNoodleDangerNoodle Posts: 235
    All of what they said an you said you have her duped if you get to a combo of 50 the opponents defense ability is down by 100%. Meaning Magik wont activate Limbo, Wolverine won't Regen, Iron man won't Armor up etc.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Gwenpool has Incinerate reduces block stuff, power control, very deadly bleeds which can reset to last longer, best armoir break ever useful against the bleed immunes, ability accuracy reduction, can reset her own abilities but now you need skill to reset them instead of infinite power lock. Gwenpool does not rely bleeding since she has other options which makes her not at her best obviously but she is still useful unless they are full debuff immune.

Hawkeye does bleed and power drain.
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    Thank you all for the responses. I do enjoy the easyness if HE. I’m 100% ok with getting to high combo, I’m just more of a beat them as fast as possible kind of guy, and HE does that pretty quick. I’ll give her a try.

So it’s better to use her second and third special?
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Depends the situation you are in if you do not like their specials then second and if they have high health or touch resitance or armour then 3rd but I just save for 3rd mostly, first is really just to finish em off or for bleed immunes or whenever you want really.
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Gwenpool has Stun and great Bleed!
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I have a 4* HE at r3 and I can take him to 4. Would that help me in Act 5? I’m only one quest in. He’s unduped btw
  • DarkDrakeiusDarkDrakeius Posts: 80
    **** I'll happily take your 5* duped Gwenpool if you foolishly don't think she's worth it lol
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    GP is hands down the best skill in the game, not knocking HE because he can be very useful too but GP has ability accuracy reduction, power control & causes heavy bleed. HE has power drain & doesn’t cause nearly as heavy bleed as GP, it’s no contest on why GP is better
  • CorpsmanCorpsman Posts: 54
    GO is not the best Skill champ, blade is. She is way better than HE though. Even unduped she bleeds opponents dry. Best bleed damage in game imo.
  • Ryuichi_01Ryuichi_01 Posts: 123
    Gwenpool can be a good power control with continuous bleed and enervate from sp2. But with precautions not to lose bleed easily and enervate.

Hawkeye is an easy way to power control champs (Eg. DS, magik sometimes before limbo). Good bleed but IMO weak armor. Both are good skill champs.
  • Maitrayee_494Maitrayee_494 Posts: 38
    Gwenpool has bleed, bleed and bleed, then she has enervate, stun, armor break and deals a lot of damage.
    I would consider Gwenpool.
    I consider myself quite lucky having her as my top champ...
  • Arus25Arus25 Posts: 158
    Unless u have rank down ticket
    No point having gp and he both at r4
    Thank you all for the responses.

@Arus25
    I politely disagree. I’ll rank 4 her when I get the cats. I don’t mind one bit having 2 great skill champs on hand.

Again, thank you all for the information. I’ll play a lot with her and let whoever wants to know my opinion on her.

I still don’t understand what ability reduction means, I will find out.
    One more question- I have 20 skill 5* stones and 88 basic stones. Do I need to feed GP anymore to make her better?
  • MasterQuacksMasterQuacks Posts: 12
    JUST USE BOTH
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Thebgj01 wrote: »
    One more question- I have 20 skill 5* stones and 88 basic stones. Do I need to feed GP anymore to make her better?

Just 1 sig for the primary ability reduction effect, more only reduces special damage.
    @JRock808

Thanks! I fully duped her from a crystal, so she’s at 20. I’ll leave her there.
    Thats wrong...wolvie regens against gwenpool

Did you not even read? 😂
    Every hit of your combo decreases ability accuracy by 2% so again, if you get a combo of 50 hits then he won't activate Regen against a duped Gwenpool
  • arsjum wrote: »

No, he doesn't. Duped Gwenpool shuts down his regen after a 50 hit combo. Tested in ROL personally.

He won’t regen from being attacked. But both his random regen from his sig and reg regen can pop and/or stack while attacking
    arsjum wrote: »

No, he doesn't. Duped Gwenpool shuts down his regen after a 50 hit combo. Tested in ROL personally.

He won’t regen from being attacked. But both his random regen from his sig and reg regen can pop and/or stack while attacking

Hmm interesting didn't know that. Makes sense tho cause Gwenpool's awakened ability only reduces the accuracy of defensive abilities so if he gets the Regen by attacking he should still get it. He wknt be able to Regen anyway tho if you don't get hit so Gwenpool is still pretty good 😂
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Gwenpool’s damage output is significantly higher.
    If you’re lucky, Gwenpool can stunlock.
    Gwenpool has semi-infinite Powerlock.
    Armor break from her third special almost doubles her damage and will last forever if you play aggressively enough.
    Since she’s duped, she can reduce ability accuracy and can’t be instantly killed by special attacks.
    HE is good and is better for power control but it pretty much ends there. Level GP
  • Ollieb3Ollieb3 Posts: 23
    arsjum wrote: »

Both correct, absolutely right that after 50 hits wolvie, or anyone else for that matter, won’t be activating their regen from being attacked.

He can then activate it from attacking you, but if he’s hitting you then you’re not going to have a 50 hit combo anymore,

Neither regen will pop randomly though, only activates from being attacked or attacking
  • Ollieb3Ollieb3 Posts: 23
    Oh and to answer OP

Hawkeye is great yes, and has excellent bleed and power drain

But gwenpool is on another level IMO, her bleed(s) is even better and if you play her well her sp2 can be a complete power lock