How do you mentally recover from rage quitting?

HomerJBondHomerJBond Member Posts: 120
I’m looking for advice. How do you mentally recover when you lose a match due to an input issue?

My initial intention is to enjoy playing the game. Sometimes input issues almost ruin that, especially in round 3 of BGs when you dash into a special instead of blocking. It brings up the urge to rage quit.

I’m not really looking for advice on how and where to tap the screen—that should be a different thread. I’m also not looking to read other people venting about input issues. We are all aware that they exist and for some reason they persist over the years. We are not sure if it is due complexity or neglect. That is not the question.

Rather, I’m looking for advice on how you respond mentally, in a healthy way. Maybe your compulsive reaction is negative rage quitting, but some people recover back to enjoying the game quickly. What’s your mental framework to maximize enjoyment of the game in the midst of input issues?

Comments

• FrydayFryday Member Posts: 964 ★★★★
    Antsiou said:

It’s a 3 steps program for me:
    1 - I always think that I’d rather have a few measly points for finishing the match.
    2 - if I’m about to throw the phone, I remember the price and laugh at myself having contemplated something stupid over a video game
    3 - if I’m still frustrated after I put the game down, I literally put the phone down and remember there’s a life outside the screen.

I would fully agreed with this too.

Especially with point 2 🤣, really don't want to have to fork out money I don't have to replace my phone just for a game at the end of the day.

I actually find watching other livestream is their BGs help a lot, Brian or KT1, I find seeing KT1 getting angry about it help me 🤣🤣🤣. Knowing that even some of the best players also have input issue (or just mess up sometime),

At the end of the day, if you feel heated up after a match, best to take a little break and cool down, sure your phone want to cool down too.

Try to find your fun and good luck 😊

• NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★
    First time I heard someone rage quit
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 964 ★★★★
    edited May 1
    ahmynuts said:

Literally this. Just keep it pushing

Yeah that what Clarkson said, after punch the producer
  • LONERANGER_141LONERANGER_141 Member Posts: 54
    I punish myself for rage quitting by buying elder marks for units lol. Sounds stupid but it actually is a good deterent
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★
    edited May 1
    It's pretty simple, these inputs issue used to happen to me very often, or sometimes I just slip up for a split second and get destroyed.

- Finish up the match and close the app
    - Either Do something else on my phone, I watch videos, do some assignments
    - Or if it's around dusk I just go for my walk

I have punched walls sometimes just as an immediate reaction, but now I don't do that anymore I just stop doing what's making me angry and do something else.
  • M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Member Posts: 216 ★★
    I have bad mcoc rage. Developed over 9 years.

To deal with it, I throw my phone. I have destroyed 3 iphones as a result of mcoc rage in my mcoc career.

To cool down and relax after any type of mcoc rage behavior, I play mcoc.
  • DotDot Member Posts: 12
    Finish the match and get the points - you never know, the other person could have had a bad experience too.

Then for myself, it's get up, pet the dogs, get a drink of water. Do something else for a little bit.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

Maturing will help with rage quitting.

This. Put the phone down and take a break, it's that simple.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,899 ★★★★★
    Not really rage quitting but when i am in rage from war fights due to ai not being what i want it to do either ai being aggressive or not using specials i tend to take the day off put music on and try and forget about the experience and that helps me from recovering mentally
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,843 ★★★★★
    I just stare at my screen and realize how much of a failure I am, then keep it pushing.
  • MystGMystG Member Posts: 40
    I just turn off my phone's screen and put it down Immediately. Either mid-fight or before the scoring screen appears. No matter which round it was, if I get frustrated due to inputs/lags/or even my own faults (when I'm on a losing streak).
    Then I leave the phone in the room and go do something else. When I check it back the game reloads and I only do the regular stuff but refrain from BGs for a day or two.
  • CvlrCvlr Member Posts: 223 ★★
    The same as Gojo recovered after losing with Toji

• GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Member Posts: 1,936 ★★★★★
    I mentally recover so fast that my addiction has me rage quit daily
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,393 Guardian
    When I get triggered by the game I put it down for a few minutes, take deep breaths and do something else. One dude I watch, who plays chess, recommends getting up and moving for 5 minutes, doing 5 push-ups, and taking taking 5 deep breaths. This helps calm you down because playing while triggered won't benefit you at all.