**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Proof that FPS is dropping

Resternboy32Resternboy32 Posts: 219
edited May 7 in General Discussion
Here is proof How the fps is dropping. Notice how doom now has less effects happening around his hand the time you activate his sp3? I think it’s highly noticeable. Doesn’t matter which map you’re in. Disagree all you want, but this is proof. The top image I found from a video of Seatin using doom, and now it’s like this. Please fix.

Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,608 ★★★★★

https://youtu.be/2Kenp7URr5U?si=_Oyz2QlYGoB7gz-h
    Nagase has a video from 9 months ago. So whatever the difference is, it's not from this update. Maybe look at more than one video.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,369 ★★★★★

Here is proof How the fps is dropping. Notice how doom now has less effects happening around his hand the time you activate his sp3? I think it’s highly noticeable. Doesn’t matter which map you’re in. Disagree all you want, but this is proof. The top image I found from a video of Seatin using doom, and now it’s like this. Please fix.

1. What device are you using?
    2. Have you looked at other champs whose effects you're familiar with to see if they're different?
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    edited May 7
    What? Doesn't MCoC game have automatic graphics settings?
    High end devices sets everything to max, while mid doesn't get that much fancy effects?

But again, give definition of FPS.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

What? Doesn't MCoC game have automatic graphics settings?
    High end devices sets everything to max, while mid doesn't get that much fancy effects?

But again, give definition of FPS.

Boo Whoo, big deal 🙄
    Man why don't you want to explain what you think FPS is 💀
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,266 ★★★★★
    FPS is different than Graphics mate

But yeah you are correct. The effects are removed from Doom. I just tested it. And my device is equipped with SD 8 Gen2 which imo is capable enough for such Graphics
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,266 ★★★★★
    Tho I would love to have official response if it was intended. Cuz it was actually cool visuals for doom
  • Options
    JethuaJethua Posts: 87
    If you want to put on your tinfoil hat, Kabam may have removed the animation because it caused fps drops for too many accounts. In the wise words of Thanos, "A small price to pay for salvation". Salvation being the longevity and satisfaction of the majority of players.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,942 ★★★★★
    All i know is that shaders are messed up
    Iceman looks as if he was made with sewer water
    And Emma's diamond form looks more like cubic zirconia pulled out of the mud.
  • Options
    StertslStertsl Posts: 104
    OP is literally a kid
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,369 ★★★★★
    Jethua said:

If you want to put on your tinfoil hat, Kabam may have removed the animation because it caused fps drops for too many accounts. In the wise words of Thanos, "A small price to pay for salvation". Salvation being the longevity and satisfaction of the majority of players.

No reason for tinfoil hats. Kabam enables and disables effects weirdly. This is how it is on many devices, usually Android, but occasionally iOS. Yesterday, it looked like pic 1, and today it looks like pic 2. No explanation, no comments.

All i know is that shaders are messed up
    Iceman looks as if he was made with sewer water
    And Emma's diamond form looks more like cubic zirconia pulled out of the mud.

Funny thing is everyone knows what OP is saying but wants to argue definitions or timeline instead. Shrug
    It's definitely easier to be snarky and pedantic.
  • Options
    mrstark_217mrstark_217 Posts: 16
    Yeah, I noticed a long ago.

I think they even changed the sp1 animation of OG thor too.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★
    I can honestly say I don’t know what the OP (original poster) is talking about.

They are claiming a single image proves that Kabam reduced the number of frames per second (FPS). I’m not sure how a single image can prove that.

Kabam may have reduced the visual effects (VFX) of Dr. Doom’s special to help with lag on some devices. I know I notice more lag with VFX heavy champs and special animations. I’d trade a little less going on visually during a special for a smoother fight any day.

And the screenshots don’t even prove the VFX were reduced because they aren’t taken at the exact same frame in the special animation. The SP3 minigame is at two different stages in the screenshots. One has it right after tapping and one has it already partially faded away.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,888 ★★★★★

I can honestly say I don’t know what the OP (original poster) is talking about.

They are claiming a single image proves that Kabam reduced the number of frames per second (FPS). I’m not sure how a single image can prove that.

This is why we are all joking with OP on what fps is
This discussion has been closed.